More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 16:34:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Borked exercise stuff?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Borked exercise stuff?  (Read 6920 times)
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
Borked exercise stuff?
« on: 2008 September 14, 23:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've searched high and low and can't find anyone reporting this, so I hope I just missed something somewhere.

With FT, the new exercise bike and barre were fun for pretty much every sim, and they would be used autonomously (sometimes a good thing, sometimes not).

Now, with AL, suddenly they're LOSING fun when sims use them.  Even sims with high active.  I took out my entire downloads folder and they still lose fun.  I just tried it with a sim who has 9 active points and her fun level was dropping on the exercise bike.  No hacks at all in, so I know it's not a conflict.  And I don't download lots or anything that might have some hacked thing straggling along.

Is this a "feature" of AL and how do I cure it?

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Borked exercise stuff?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 15, 04:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I hadn't noticed that.  I've had visitors use the ballet bar since installing AL and they didn't leave in fun frustration...thought they were using it because it was fun.  I never use the excercise bike anyway, and I havn't used the barre with a playable sim since installing AL.  I'll have to try it and pay attention.  It's odd, because both of those itmes have a listed fun rating, and, as you said, I've seen sims gain fun from them before AL.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the personality besides active.  I know most sims have fun with TV, but I've seen serious sims actually loose fun from watching TV (maybe channel matters; I geneally force them to watch Yummy).  I think I'll make a few sims in my testing hood test out those objects and see what happens to thier fun meters.

And just so you know, I'm not a hacker or a modder or even an expert on the Sims2 by any means, I'm just someone who likes to play and help other ppl.  I hope some of the real experts will come by and take a look at your thread.  I also hope my own testing might also help in solving this mystery for everyone.   Cool

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 17, 16:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if this is broken much like the Piano was broken back at launch.  It's fun for a day and then goes to hell?
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 19, 00:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if this is broken much like the Piano was broken back at launch.  It's fun for a day and then goes to hell?

Speaking of the piano, anyone else getting the problem where a sim will play for a bit, jump off, jump back on to play some more, jump off?

Even when skillinating they'll go through this endless cycle of playing for a few minutes, slam on the keys, stand up, sit down, play some more, slam the keys...

Back to the regularly scheduled bork, I haven't seen the problem with new exercise equipment, but then I haven't had anyone use them for a while (at least not for long).

<insert witty comment here>
cow_tools
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 19, 00:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of the piano, anyone else getting the problem where a sim will play for a bit, jump off, jump back on to play some more, jump off?

There's a fix for that in Pescado's unofficial AL patch here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,12892.0.html

Now asbestos-free.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 19, 00:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odd, I thought I already had that. *head scratch*

I'll redownload it just to be sure.

<insert witty comment here>
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 19, 21:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine lose fun right from the start.  Brand new, right out of the box, they get on and the fun goes down.  It's slow, I didn't notice it right away, but when I watched for a minute I could see the arrow at the left side of the fun bar instead of the right.

I can't figure out what can be causing it.

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 20, 19:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not AL, though it might have been the FT patch.  I haven't checked the barre but the exercise bike drains fun slowly with EPs up to FT.  Well, actually I'm not certain that it's any different from the default decay rate.  Sims certainly don't gain fun from it.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 28, 12:45:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I was watching both of them pretty close last night and it seems that the fun drops at the normal decay rate.  I know they were both gaining fun before I got AL, so it has to be something they messed up in the latest EP.  Big surprise.  Sad

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 28, 20:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you understood me.  I don't have AL.
I have FTp3.
Sims don't gain fun from exercise bikes, regardless of personality points.
Unless you skipped that patch, you're imaging borkage with the new EP.  I'm sure EAxis screwed up the usual shitload, but the exercise equipment isn't among them. Wink
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 October 01, 20:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I thought you had AL.

No, I didn't get FTp3 because I had FTp2 and the third patch just looked like it added the store stuff.

According to the descriptions for the barre, the exercise machines, and the bike, they all have a fun value of 1.  And they were fun before I got AL.  So I don't know if they were borked with the third patch, but they weren't with the second one.

Weren't the barre and the bike new with FT?  I don't have BV, so I don't know if they were added then, but I don't remember seeing the bike before FT.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 October 01, 21:05:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I can tell, my sims have never gained fun from any exercise equipment, even when fun is listed as one of the benefits in the buy catalogue.  Either that or fun gain is negligible.  My sims do NOT like taking their exercise.  I have all EPs through AL loaded and this is still the case.  Life goes on.

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 October 01, 21:08:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ballet BARS and exercise bike were introduced in FT. I have patch3 and I am fairly certain the bar was still giving fun the last I checked. If not Darkly Dancing Trepie was wasting his time in the asylum.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 October 01, 21:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ballet BARS and exercise bike were introduced in FT. I have patch3 and I am fairly certain the bar was still giving fun the last I checked.

Oh, thanks, Jel!  I had totally forgotten about the bar.  Never used that, and must try it out.  See - not exhausted all my TS2 "new options" yet.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: