More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:41:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Let's Play Dress-Up!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Let's Play Dress-Up!  (Read 6282 times)
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Let's Play Dress-Up!
« on: 2008 September 14, 09:52:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I have read, I decided to skip the Apts and play only houses for now, thinking I might forgo all the borkedness at least until a patch comes along. So, I plop the 6 orphans (from the sim bin in Belladonna Cove)  into a nice house and before long visitors are swarming the place. I have the children greet and entertain and soon the visitors are all inside and crowding around...the dressers.  Roll Eyes
They all got in line, including the orphans and took turns changing clothes. Over and over and over..ad infinitum.

I finally had to delete the dressers.  Undecided

Should I just give the apartments a go, assuming this is related to them in some way and I cannot avoid the craziness, or resign to never let my house sims change clothing? The only two family sims that didn't line up for fresh duds were the toddlers. (Must have been the smart milk). Tongue

I am sure this will be the least of my issues, once I have played for a few days.  Tongue

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Let's Play Dress-Up!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 14, 18:04:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly do you mean by "changing clothes over and over"? What are they changing TO? If you want it to cease, you could always use the Autonomy Control to add Dressers to the Banned Item List.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 14, 20:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have Squinge's hack that lets pregnant people wear normal clothes? This exact thing happened to me (not in AL, but when I used the hack in previous expansion packs) when I used the hack in any house with a dresser.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 15, 05:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I have never ever seen sims autonomsyly change clothes at a dresser, especally not guest sims.   Shocked  I'm thinking you must have some sort of hack like laylei suggests since that does not noramlly happen with AL and dressers.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 15, 05:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JP-The sims stand in front of the dressers, Armoires, etc., and spin into different outfits, then get back in the line that has formed and do it again. Visitors and family members do this.

Laylei-don't have Squinge's mods in the game, but I do have others such as Merola, Decorgal, Lord Darcy, etc.

I will however do what I should have done first and remove all mods before reporting. Got distracted watching Castaway.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 19, 14:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That glitch sounds... quite fun, actually. Take a video, I wanna see this  Grin

If people are swarming an item, I usually just Autonomy Control...Proscription it. It a LOT of problems, especially with the freaking nannies.

ETM: Fixing brainfarts.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 02, 11:24:33 by PirateFaafy » Logged

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 19, 21:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem when I first installed FT, so it may not be a strictly AL thing (since I don't have it yet.) In my case, it was a tight pants problem. I don't know what fixed it. I wish I was more help, sweetie.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 19, 22:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Dizzy mod to allow autonomous dressing of nude Sims did this to me when I tried it out (yonks ago). Do you have any Dizzy mods?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 22, 21:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never had that one, but now that you mention it....I believe it was one of his. Maria?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: