More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:27:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  PMBD Member with Game Borkiness Question...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: PMBD Member with Game Borkiness Question...  (Read 5534 times)
EmilyTwitch
Asinine Airhead

Lurking Around

View Profile
PMBD Member with Game Borkiness Question...
« on: 2008 September 22, 04:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi. Lurked around here before, just registered today. I've been discussing some problems a couple of people are having over at PMBD regarding AL crashing randomly, and after searching many times here and finding nothing, I was told to post and ask.

I arr'ed all of the games, and I'm having the same problem about custom content. (Getting it to show up in game.) I've done the BodyShop trick, I've looked at the xml file, I've restarted the game multiple times and nothing.

I'm also having another problem, every time I play the game it will work fine for a while then lock up. I close it with Taskmanager and look at the error report. It seems to be caused by something called "apphangb1". I'm running Windows Vista on a HP Pavilion notebook (brand new right from the store as of two weeks ago.) I've looked up this behavior on the internet but all of the sites that come up list it as a problem with anti-virus, messenger, or Internet Explorer -- none of which I use. So am I SOL when it comes to playing the game?

My laptop is brand spanking new as of two weeks ago, running Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit SP1,

Its a Hewlett-Packard Pavilion dv6700 Notebook with:

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00GHz.

4 GB RAM

Windows Experience Base Score of 3.5 (whatever that means)

Yeah. It's a wonderful computer, works like a charm and is very fast. Just can't figure out why the game is crashing or what "apphangb1" is.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I torrented all of the games (and all of the stuff packs, minus Holiday stuff). Any ideas there?

Definitely appreciate any help. Thanks.

Jeremy: God that's a stup-erb thing! It's brilliant. (Top Gear)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: PMBD Member with Game Borkiness Question...
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 22, 15:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it has more to do with the fact that you are running VISTA, and not only that, but Vista 64. Running x64 versions of OSen makes everything less stable at this point, and plus, you are running VISTA!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 22, 15:51:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EmilyTwitch,
do you get the "the application has crashed..." message?

(I've had some crashes with that message on vacation lots, which I haven't resolved yet. I have a theory though, that it is somehow linked to the
portraits regenerating, but I have no proof so far.)

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 22, 17:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EmilyTwitch, have you tried running Windows Update? Also update your drivers (especially graphics card, which you didn't list). The comp may be brand new to you, but I've gotten "brand new" comps with year-old drivers before. All I could find googling "AppHangB1" crashes was not much of anything and some random comments about it usually being a driver issue.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
EmilyTwitch
Asinine Airhead

Lurking Around

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 22, 22:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've updated everything, drivers and all. Sorry forgot to include the card and such (can't believe that slipped my mind). I don't know exactly what information I need to include about my computer, so I'll post everything.  BTW, I am well aware that Vista sucks. They won't sell new laptops without it, and I can't afford to pay them to "down"grade it back to XP. Such is life.
Sorry this image is kind of giant...

BarkingPup
Blathering Buffoon

Muffin Eater

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 22, 23:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've updated everything, drivers and all. Sorry forgot to include the card and such (can't believe that slipped my mind). I don't know exactly what information I need to include about my computer, so I'll post everything.  BTW, I am well aware that Vista sucks. They won't sell new laptops without it, and I can't afford to pay them to "down"grade it back to XP. Such is life.
Sorry this image is kind of giant...
<snip>

Ahahaha!

Your problem is your graphics card aka it sucks ass. How do you fix it? Get a new one. If you have a laptop you must buy a new one.

Fat Cat eatz yer head. 'twas nutricius and delicius

despite teh lack o' brainy flavur

Spore Creations
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 23, 00:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is your problem? Yes, that isn't exactly an Nvidia 9800GTX, but it should handle the game perfectly fine. I had an even lower end card and my game ran very smoothly, just not with all the settings on high.  Roll Eyes

EmilyTwitch, try getting the newest drivers from intel. Windows update doesn't usually have the latest video drivers. This should be what you need.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
EmilyTwitch
Asinine Airhead

Lurking Around

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 23, 04:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simsbaby, thank you! Played the game for a couple hours today, no crash. And somehow I managed to get the CC to show up. Thanks for all the help you guys!

BarkingPup
Blathering Buffoon

Muffin Eater

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 23, 04:33:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is your problem? Yes, that isn't exactly an Nvidia 9800GTX, but it should handle the game perfectly fine. I had an even lower end card and my game ran very smoothly, just not with all the settings on high.  Roll Eyes

EmilyTwitch, try getting the newest drivers from intel. Windows update doesn't usually have the latest video drivers. This should be what you need.

Yeah, I know it should handle at lowest graphics with lag here and there but, really, upgrades aren't that hard (unless you have a laptop). A better graphics card would help... a lot. I, too, have a lower end card but it's definitely not as low as that one. The more stress you put on a card the more likely it is to fry. Depending on whether or not the computer is properly cooled and/or overclocked it could also take out surrounding components. By playing a game with the higher graphics (even on low) this person is putting extreme stress on such a low card.

Fat Cat eatz yer head. 'twas nutricius and delicius

despite teh lack o' brainy flavur

Spore Creations
ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 23, 04:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the intergrated cards even support Aero?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: