More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:43:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Testers wanted: WTF Snow shouldn't be on that!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Testers wanted: WTF Snow shouldn't be on that!  (Read 15196 times)
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
Testers wanted: WTF Snow shouldn't be on that!
« on: 2008 September 14, 07:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This hack removes the snow effect during winter for certain objects where snow really shouldn't be accumulating. The biggest offender is the snow covered penguin that visits every so often in winter, it's irritated me ever since Seasons came out. The runner up is the university kicky bag, where the snow bounces and rotates as it's being kicked around.

List so far:
Penguin
Kicky bag
Anything that uses the accessory globals init

Let me know what other objects you guys want fixed.

* argon_wtfsnow.7z (0.46 KB - downloaded 556 times.)

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Testers wanted: WTF Snow shouldn't be on that!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 14, 08:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

baaa x10

Is it possible to make a fix for the windows and doors, it looks seriously stupid when there's snow on the windows from the inside. The ones I am particularly talking about are the ones from seasons itself.

I also noticed that the magazines don't get any snow on them, nor do the photo albums if placed outside. Which makes me wonder if the magazines etc have heat paks on them to keep the snow off.

At any rate, thank you for fixing this, it makes me go crazy sometimes to see objects that shouldn't have snow on them, have snow on them.

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 14, 09:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it's in no way your responsibility, but if it falls under normal game fixability (ie - you don't have to mod someone else's mod), I'd love to see crammyboy's cock (& other such things without snow.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 14, 09:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this is linked into this at all (spork me if I'm on a tangent that is so far in left field that I'm not even playing the same game as the other kids) but could you possibly do something about the snow that gets kicked up when someone walks if you've disabled snow on the ground? it's a bit of an annoyance to see them kicking snow up with their legs when they're walking on green grass...

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 14, 09:56:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to fix part of the hot tub? It's annoying having snow go under the water...
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 14, 18:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@fway
All windows and doors get snow on top of them, it doesn't matter which side is on the inside because the snow system is stupid and puts it on top of the whole mesh. I might just disable it for doors/windows too if anyone seconds it. I haven't looked at magazines and photo albums but they're probably snow disabled so you can see them when Sims pick them up to look at them.

@floopyboo
I'm just doing EAxis objects so it's easier to update in the future, but it's easy to add the flag to other objects. You just need to set "My flags field 3 to literal 4 (not affected by snow)"; the raw for that is 62000400000903070000000000000000. I wish Pescado would do his debugger and macrotastics boxes like that so you can actually see them in winter...

@kiki
That's unrelated.

@Alex
Umm it might be possible to make a season specific model or texture like the bushes and trees, but I'm not very good with meshing/texturing. The only other option would be to disable it completely.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 15, 02:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@fway
All windows and doors get snow on top of them, it doesn't matter which side is on the inside because the snow system is stupid and puts it on top of the whole mesh. I might just disable it for doors/windows too if anyone seconds it. I haven't looked at magazines and photo albums but they're probably snow disabled so you can see them when Sims pick them up to look at them.

That is even better to tell you the truth. baaa!
« Last Edit: 2008 December 03, 05:26:07 by fway » Logged

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 17, 15:51:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to stop the snow from appearing on top of snow angles? They're made from snow in the first place goddamnit!
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 17, 16:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you mean snow angels? I probably won't be able to get to it until this weekend.

Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 18, 04:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Snow on snow angels makes sense to me. If it's still snowing enough, they get filled back in, right?
sleep
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 September 19, 04:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am hoping 'anything using the accessory globals' means things they are holding, such as palettes while painting?

Thanks.
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 September 20, 05:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't checked, but I should add that if it's not already affected.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 September 20, 20:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did mean 'angels' yes.
Insanity Prelude, having them disappear under heavy snowfall is fine but why do they need simulated light snow on top of an item made of snow?

Do you think you could also stop it from appearing on this TSS hat? I haven't noticed snow collecting on any other hats before.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 September 27, 20:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, seems to be all of the TSS hairstyles as the female one with the hairband does it too.

Why EA? Why?
sleep
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 October 01, 13:08:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just letting you know, my outdoor painters no longer have to push through snow to get to the paint on their palettes. Thanks!
Kitten
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 October 09, 21:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you think you could stop the thinking cap from having snow on it when a sim's wearing it? It's been annoying me quite a lot recently.

'To err is human, to really screw up you need a computer.' anonymous
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 October 10, 08:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to fix part of the hot tub? It's annoying having snow go under the water...

Or maybe disable the snow on it either entirely or at least while in use.. I've lived in snowy areas with a hot tub.. I don't recall seeing snow on the top of it when heated.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: