More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:57:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Crammyboye Archives (Moderator: crammyboy)
| | |-+  Let Slobs be Slobs Version 2 (11 Nov)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Let Slobs be Slobs Version 2 (11 Nov)  (Read 57016 times)
crammyboy

View Profile
Let Slobs be Slobs Version 2 (11 Nov)
« on: 2005 November 04, 23:35:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This hack will let sloppy sims be sloppy.

Completely re-written from version 1, this version includes all clean-up interactions, washing interactions and motive helpers.

Sims with zero neatness will:
   Bathe only on a Sunday.
   Never clean.
   Never complain about the environment or their hygiene.

Sims with zero activeness will never clean, but they will complain.

Sims with neatness between 1 and 500 will clean on a much reduced level.  Increasing based on neatness and activity compared with random values. Because the system is random, there may be variations.

Sims with a below zero aspirational score and neatness < 500 will not:
   Complain about their hygiene or environment.
   Clean.
   Bathe.

Sims with neatness > 500 will behave normally.

Sims with neatness < 400 will complain less often about the environment.

Install the package into the downloads directory.

For Nightlife.

* CBOY_SlobsBeSlobs.zip (1.09 KB - downloaded 2452 times.)
« Last Edit: 2006 March 23, 12:04:37 by crammyboy » Logged
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
Re: Let Slobs be Slobs
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 05, 05:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*squeals like a schoolgirl*

thank you, now maybe being slobbish will actually mean something OTHER than farting and burping!

<insert witty comment here>
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 07, 13:19:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice!  Question though...will this prevent messy sims from complaining about the enviroment score?  It seems like even my sloppiest of sims will stand there waving their arms bitching and moaning if the enviroment score is low.
Vesca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 07, 13:31:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a great hack - I have a house-full of 8 sloppy sims and this hack is perfect for them.  They definitely need a maid because they don't do a darn thing around the house except make messes!  They don't clean up a thing - it's a hoot to watch them live in a pigsty.  They do complain about the environment though so I had to download Inge's less whiny hack (as I don't think Pescado's is updated yet).
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 07, 19:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it needs a bit of tweaking. "E < ((CL / 5) + N + A -1000) / 10" actually makes my sims more likely to clean up food dishes.

The problem is that my E scores tend to be pretty low, so could you maybe factor E on a curve or something like that?

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 07, 22:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even slobs get desperate . . . and desperate people do desperate things.
crammyboy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 07, 22:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it needs a bit of tweaking. "E < ((CL / 5) + N + A -1000) / 10" actually makes my sims more likely to clean up food dishes.

The problem is that my E scores tend to be pretty low, so could you maybe factor E on a curve or something like that?

probably not a curve, but I was thinking of active/2 to make it less of a factor
  E < (((CL/5) + N) * 2 + A -1500) / 15

or subtract the cleaning skill bonus such that even excessively neat sims need cleaning skill.
 E < ((CL/5) + N) + A -1000) /10 - 20

or both.

BTW: just testing the global cleaning interaction change at the moment, which should apply the sloppiness to counters, sinks, showers, etc.
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
Re: Let Slobs be Slobs Version 2 (11 Nov)
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 23, 02:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yeah... I like this hack.  It works great for my trashed out family of slobs who live in a tiny one room cabin with the stove in the front yard.  Every sim walking by has to stop and do the "it stinks" animation... even if the green gas has stopped coming off the slob... hahaha... And what I like the most? He doesn't care!  hahahaha... 

Thank you.

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 25, 20:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any idea if this will conflict with TwoJeffs always-wash-hands hack? It sounds like it might.  Undecided

I love the idea of sloppy sims being more slovenly, but hand-washing after you've used the toilet is a big deal for me.. *shudder*

Before that hack, or in the first game, I'd sometimes have to look the other way when a visitor just had himself a virtual bowel movement, then ambled on over to have a slice of pizza. *gag*

It's just a thing for me. Anyway, I'd appreciate a response. Thanks in advance.

crammyboy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 26, 13:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably not. But why would slobs want to wash hands?
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 27, 11:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@GloamingMerle - I don't think this conflicts with TwoJeffs' hack. I have a modified version of his hack in my game, and looking at the code, what happens is that the command to wash hands gets immediately pushed onto the queue pretty much after the sim flushes the toilet. The majority of the code in Crammyboy's hack involves TEST bhavs, which pretty much, as far as I understand it, test whether a sim will do the specified interaction. Since TwoJeffs' hack does not call a test bhav, it just directly calls that action, it should not conflict with this hack. And... from my experience playing with both hacks in my game, my sims wash their hands fine. With TwoJeffs' hack, sims will pretty much always wash their hands (unless they have 0 neatness).

@Crammyboy - I typically maintain my sister's hacks, keeping them up to date as possible (she's too afraid to mess with installing hacks herself so I take care of that, making sure they are updated and that there are no conflicts). Anyways, today, the for first time, I actually noticed a difference (I haven't really played NL for that long, and right now I only have been playing my legacy household at Uni, which only has my simself, who is reasonably neat - i.e. has at least 5 points of neatness).

Anyways, long story short, we observed that two of her sims wouldn't clean a counter top. I know this is part of the functionality, but you also state above that, for sims who have 1-5 neatness, there will be some randomness depending on activeness too. Well, the two sims had equal neatness (both had 4 points), but the mother had 4 points activeness and the son had 7 points activeness, yet they pretty much equally did not clean the counter. As soon as they started, they pretty much stopped.

My question is, is the randomness supposed to be whether they will clean it or not? Or like how long they will clean it? In other words (and I haven't looked at the code specifically), is it because cleaning is done in a loop, and so each cycle will go through the random check for whether or not to clean. I think that, if this is the case, it will be pretty difficult to actually get some randomness. Sims will probably pretty much always appear to decide to not clean. If it were possible to have the personality checks done once, before entering the loop, then you could actually get some randomness where some sims do clean, and other sims don't. But if the check happens each cycle in a cleaning loop, then there seems to be a higher chance that they end up not cleaning altogether. I hope this makes sense.

The reason why I think this is, well I've toyed around with trying to make a hack where the fire alarm and the burgular alarm fail randomly. But it seems that the code for those objects pretty much loops over time, and constantly checks the status of the lot. So even if it fails on one cycle, it may succeed the next, and I don't know how long each cycle/loop takes. Essentially it would just mean that, if a fire starts or a burgular starts, you might have a chance that the alarm does not immediately go off, but it is still fairly likely that the alarm will go off while the fire or burglary keeps going.  The point of this is to ask how the checking works, and maybe suggest a way to possibly improve the checking if it can be placed outside the loop (assuming that I am right about the loop in the first place). If this is not the case, then it might just be a coincidence that the sims just happened to not clean those several times.

Finally... aside from my question, I have a separate request. If I am not mistaken, I would think that this hack might possibly conflict with Inge's ijNoCommunityPlateClearing hack. Could you possibly include this functionality and add checks for Is this a Community Lot? and probably if the sim is selectable, so that at least selectable sims do not clean such things as plates, puddles, toilets, and anything else that would be ridiculous for visiting sims to clean on Community Lots. I know this hack is meant to allow Slobs to be Slobs, but since it already modifies all the clean interactions, it would just make sense to have the functionality included as other/separate hacks would just conflict.

It seems ridiculous that our selectable sims, even if they are super neat, will try to clean up puddles and put away dishes on Community Lots. So there should be checks to see if they are on Community Lots to begin with. But... there should also be checks that probably limit this to selectable or playable sims, that way NPCs on community lots can still clean.

Just a suggestion. I suppose I can make these changes myself if I really wanted them. But I figured, in case you ever release updated versions, it would help to have them in already. Grin

Ste

DebWilldo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 06, 02:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

O'boy!...this hack is gonna' be fun!!! Grin
  thank you!
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 31, 18:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this is just the kind of mod that i love  Cheesy
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 31, 19:09:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims with zero neatness will:
   Bathe only on a Sunday.
   Never clean.
   Never complain about the environment or their hygiene.

I assume this means they will only bathe autonomously on Sundays, but you can make them bathe/shower more often if you want to?

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 31, 20:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I lvoe the idea of this hack, but...

Sims with zero activeness will never clean, but they will complain

This part doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me. Lazy doesn't neccessarily mean you can't be a neat freak. In the real world my "active" score probably lands at about a 3 or 4 but I can't sit still in a trashed, cluttered, dusty, dirty area.

So does choosing to clean scale up with activity? i.e. a 2 active 9 neat sim will still ocd clean simply because their neat score should make them cleanliness ocd?

MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 02, 17:14:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i agree with myskaal ...
  activeness mabye can reduce the cleaning wishes.. but this isn't mean
  "no activity = no neat"

and.. i hate the soap bubbules of the 100% neat person  Angry
i think that sould be used just when a sim have 100% of cleaning skill, don't you  Huh
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 02, 22:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehheh. I love this, especially the lazy part - it makes perfect sense to me after some of the roommates I've had. If you can stand a real-life anecdote:

I've had two different roommates who prefered their spaces clean and tidy, but at least when I lived with them, they would never pick up after themselves. They both let their dishes pile up in the sink and left opened packages scattered about the house, and whereever they happened to drop an item was its new home. However, they both incessantly complained (loudly) about how terribly dirty the house was, with expectant looks in the direction of everyone but themselves. With the last roommate it drove me so crazy that when he was gone for a week I cleaned the entire house, and after ten hours I had about three bags of trash, three recycle bins of cardboard, and FIVE of old newspapers.

Please keep in mind I am a naturally sloppy person and after cleaning my flat every surface is crowded with clutter within two days!

So yes, I think it is very realistic for someone to be a neat freak but not want to lift a finger doing the cleaning themselves - they simply expect someone else to do it for them. Wink

crammyboy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 02, 23:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assume this means they will only bathe autonomously on Sundays, but you can make them bathe/shower more often if you want to?

Yes that only refers to autonomous bathing.
i agree with myskaal ...
  activeness mabye can reduce the cleaning wishes.. but this isn't mean
  "no activity = no neat"

and.. i hate the soap bubbules of the 100% neat person  Angry
i think that sould be used just when a sim have 100% of cleaning skill, don't you  Huh
I have met people, who are obsesively neat, yet hardly do any cleaning.
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 03, 01:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps to make it more lifelike, the lazy but neat sim will never clean if they live with someone else Wink

Get me and another like me in the same house and it's a battle of wills to see who cracks first.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 04, 20:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is very interesting.  I never thought about this much, but I guess that's why I like things to be neat and clean, but I hate having to clean.  So it is definitely possible to be lazy and neat at the same time. Smiley
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 05, 23:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is very interesting.  I never thought about this much, but I guess that's why I like things to be neat and clean, but I hate having to clean.  So it is definitely possible to be lazy and neat at the same time. Smiley

It is possible, but it's damn hard when you are... (waves arms and wishes for a cheap maid)

I am ecstatic to see this mod. Most of my Sims are pretty sloppy since the Email challenge opened my eyes to how much more efficient they are.

I've often wondered why a 0 Neat Sim would give a damn if his toilet needs a scrub, particularly if he has a maid to do it. Even with 10 cleaning points. Just because you know what to do doesn't mean you're interested in, or going to do it.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 06, 17:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Zeljka, I like the way you said that. Smiley
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 23, 20:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi CBoy, just wanted to tell you that I just installed this hack today and I love it. I had made a Sim with 0 neat points and was wondering what the h*ck was he doing cleaning up after himself!  Installed your hack and love the results.  Now I might even finally witness death by flies Wink

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Grater
Blathering Buffoon

It burns!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 25, 12:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

heheh, this hack is funny in ISBI challenge after ripping out Bathroom Uses You. I have like 6 sims in the house with really low neat, they wander around stinky all the time. The only neat sim is a female elder who habitually wanders around in nasty underwear wetting herself. It rules.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 06, 05:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, I should have read this more thoroughly, or at least digested it better.  I've been totally confused as to why a couple of my Sims are constantly complaining that they stink, yet doing nothing whatsoever about it except "gussying up".  Nina Caliente has been like this for what amounts to almost a decade now, ever since she went to prison, and another Sim wouldn't have a bath even when I walled her in with nothing but a bathtub for company.  Now I know why, they're both well into the red aspiration-wise.

The only problem is that it's affecting all the dormies and I'm wondering if you can do something about this?  I presume it's because they all have their aspirations set at a sort of 'limbo' level and it would appear the mod is reading it as aspiration failure.  I have 10 dormies wandering around stinking the place out and monopolising the mirrors and the hot-tub and it's getting a bit annoying now to be honest, so can you alter it so the mod will let them use the bathroom facilities???  It would be better if the mod discounted all non-playable Sims and it doesn't seem as if it is doing.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: