More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 17:16:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  disabled diagonals
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: disabled diagonals  (Read 3187 times)
littleblackdog
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
disabled diagonals
« on: 2008 September 08, 17:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been in the process of organizing my downloads folder using Delphys Download Organizer, and Paladins Sims 2 Catagorizer.  While doing this I discovered that my diagonal build/buy objects (curtians, windows and doors) were disabled. Does anyone know why they disabled and if it is safe to enable them ?   
I had done a clean new install for AL.  removed all my downloaded lots, but kept all custom content and hacks to put back into my game in a more organized fashion.  I have all the expansion paks and a few of the earlier stuff paks. 
 I stand in awe..

Let me know if you suddenly become interesting.
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
Re: disabled diagonals
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 08, 18:06:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...but kept all custom content and hacks to put back into my game in a more organized fashion.  I have all the expansion paks and a few of the earlier stuff paks. 
 I stand in awe..

Um, does that mean you kept the old cc in your downloads folder? You do know you have to update old hacks, right? Or did you happen to use the moveobjects on cheat and simply forgot to reset it?

- INTJ -
littleblackdog
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 08, 18:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I have kept all of the custom content in my downloads folder, just more organized, and I have been replacing all my hacks with  the newer and shiner ones..I also use HDCU..
I am not sure what you mean about the move objects cheat. I do use it in the game and sometimes forget to turn it back to the "off" position..oops

Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 08, 20:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Custom curtains at least require the creator to create a diagonal mesh which a quite a few don't bother to do. It might be that certains CC objects were never able to be placed on diagonals due to lazyness on the part of the creator.

bzrburns
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 09, 02:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that I can place curtains diagonally in the all of the buildings except those that are zoned apartments. 
littleblackdog
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: disabled diagonals _ FYI an answer
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 18, 17:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Normally the diagonal version of a door, window, curtain, etc. is not categorized to show up in the catalog. The version you select in the catalog is always the non-diagonal version and the game simply switches it to be the diagonal version if you place the object on a diagonal wall. If a custom object is made to work like the Eaxis ones are, the diagonal versions of the objects should not need to have their own catalog entry. Usually the OBJD section of the object has no catalog bits set because of this. "
This is the reply I recieved from SimWardrobe, for anyone else who might have wondered about the answer to my question..thanky to all the wonderful sim community.  you guys help make the game fun!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: