More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 17:50:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  AL Object Placement Problems
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AL Object Placement Problems  (Read 5589 times)
katysails
Asinine Airhead

"Women and cats will do as they please..." Heinlei

View Profile
AL Object Placement Problems
« on: 2008 September 23, 01:20:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed AL 3 days ago. I made one apartment, changed the zoning, moved in Sims and the lot played without any errors popping up. I needed to build a new house for a Sim so I laid down a lot and placed the foundation and walls. When I went to put in the wondows and doors though, the objects did not ahve the requisite green square but the red. And when laid up agaisnt the wall a message appeared saying that must be placed in center of box. So I turned on move objects on and could palce them that way...anywhere I wanted to! Straddling boes halfway...straddling 3/4's...overlapping....but the objects were only visible from one side of the wall, even when carefully maneuvered. v ery ugly. Also, placing furniture is the same. Cna put it anyplace you want with moveobjects on turned on. When it isn't, the objects are squishy and do not snap onto place. (that's about as clear as I can eplain that..gues you ahve to be there...) This is a global problem. I tired placeing things on several different lots, new and used. Happens everywhere.

Any ideas for a fix? This is more than annoying.
Thanks.

katy<br />\\\\\\\"Women and cats will do as they please...\\\\\\\" R. Heinlein
Mordant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AL Object Placement Problems
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 23, 02:15:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried without CC?
katysails
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 23, 02:42:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried without CC?

Duh...brain not working...should have done that but didn't. Will do so and reprt back findings.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 23, 03:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What it sounds like is that boolProp snapobjectstogrid is set to false. You didn't screw with your userstartup.cheat, did you?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
katysails
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 23, 14:42:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What it sounds like is that boolProp snapobjectstogrid is set to false. You didn't screw with your userstartup.cheat, did you?

No...I don't use a file for those but enter individually when I want them...and have never used that particular one..I did remove my download folder and the problem still exists without it so it's not CC....I will go back in and set that to true and see if that works....

katysails
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 24, 00:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what it turned out to be though how is beyond my ken. I have never fiddled with that particular command. We are now snapping objects as snappy as can be. Thanks.

chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 25, 07:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tongue i think it's another EAxis f**k-up. for some users that feature is automatically turned on for some reason. i know this because when my daughter installed pets she called me in the middle of the night to ask how to turn that cheat off. she didn't even know the cheat code to turn it on so she could not have accidentally done so. i told her how to deactivate it, and everything was fine til she went to play her game again the next day and it was back on. she had to deactivate it every time she restarted her game until after the next ep was released. i on the other hand never had the problem and i had the exact same model computer as she did. i even let her use my disk to reinstall and it still did it on her game. actually i think the patch fixed it before the next ep came out. i wonder when a patch will come out for AL to fix some of the stupid EAxis f**k-ups. Tongue

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 25, 07:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@chobeegal: Don't be afraid to type the word "fuck" here, it is regularly used, it won't upset anyone. What can upset us though, is a lack of punctuation. Do try to find your shift key please.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 25, 19:05:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@chobeegal: Don't be afraid to type the word "fuck" here, it is regularly used, it won't upset anyone. What can upset us though, is a lack of punctuation. Do try to find your shift key please.

Not afraid to use "fuck". Grandchild was watching me write, so I censored myself. She frequently chastizes me for using the "bad word" when I mutter it under my breath when I'm pissed off about something. She also gets me about saying pissed off. And now you "spank" me for being too "circumspect". LOL I just can't win can I?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 25, 19:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grandchild needs to be taught that you are grandma and can do what you want. *raspberries grandchild*

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: