More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 23:53:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Help the Dumb one.. Please?! (AL Issue)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help the Dumb one.. Please?! (AL Issue)  (Read 3489 times)
jadedsins
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Help the Dumb one.. Please?! (AL Issue)
« on: 2009 January 17, 17:00:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

alrighty I had not played sims 2 in some ages but got my hands on AL finally well the disk has issues so i take it back to where I bought it 'sorry it's been opened'. Soo I took the..alternative route to play the new ep

Went to mininova.com got the 'thingy' and mounted with no problems though there were about .. 10 or more zip folders but every single one had the exact same thing v.v so dunno there but all the same got it done with and mounted

got it installed, updated with said AL patch downloaded the no-cd from Gamecopyworld.com .. but there's a lil problem there is no damn Sims2EP8.exe in my TSBin!.. I realize.. I'm not the brightest bulb in the bunch but erm... wth

I've tried the following with no luck so any and all suggestions / idea's are mucho wanted & thankabled

Idea 1: put the no-cd Sims2EP8.exe into TSBin and changed the local of the sims 2 icon on desktop to read that = nothing
Idea 2: changed the Sims2Launcher to a .jpg & changed the no-cd Sims2EP8.exe to that name = nothing

At this point I realize I've probably messed something up cuz yanno I'm just that good but hey thank you in advance for de-dumbing this natural blond Tongue
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
Re: Help the Dumb one.. Please?! (AL Issue)
« Reply #1 on: 2009 January 18, 03:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your post is very hard to read.  Grammar and good spelling allow others to understand you; perhaps you should try to be a little more clear.  From what I can make out, I think you should try the instructions written in our FAQ, paying special attention to the part labeled "How To: Play A 'Legally Backed Up' copy of The Sims 2 (and EPs)".

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Help the Dumb one.. Please?! (AL Issue)
« Reply #2 on: 2009 January 18, 04:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This would be in the TSbin folder for "The Sims2 - Apartment Life" right?  That's where it's supposed to be.  From your post, it's very difficult to say where anything is, or what exactly your shortcuts (if you have any) are pointing to.

Read the FAQ section as suggested by BastDawn.

Also, you don't need to rename the launcher.  Just don't use it.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: