More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:32:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Missing Normal Eyeglasses, Customs Reflect Everything
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Missing Normal Eyeglasses, Customs Reflect Everything  (Read 7261 times)
labeth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Missing Normal Eyeglasses, Customs Reflect Everything
« on: 2008 September 07, 06:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So apparently I'm hitting a whole new level of fail today, because this is the third weird problem I've run into tonight.

I'm missing all the base game eyeglasses. No, I do not have the MTS2 hack that hides them. So all I can see when I change a sim's appearance is the custom eyewear and accessories I have installed.

Okay, that wouldn't bother me too much, except for suddenly (and this may be witch related, as this was right after a Sim became a witch), all eyewear that you can put on is entirely reflective. As in, it acts like a mirror strapped to the sim's head.
labeth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Missing Normal Eyeglasses, Customs Reflect Everything
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 07, 19:05:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An update with more details and photos. The glasses aren't actually so much reflective as allowing you to see through the back of the sim's head. Also, this seems to happen when the sim goes off-lot (for class, in this case). If I send the sim to a community lot, on loading that lot, the glasses look fine again, and remain that way until the sim travels off-lot. I also tried putting glasses on another sim on the lot, and she also had the same issue. To illustrate:

Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 08, 05:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like you corrupted a basegame file or two. Overwrite your current basegame files with clean versions from your discs.
...\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Materials\Materials.package
...\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins\Skins.package
..\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package

If you don't understand these directions, I have little hope for helping you further, but we can try.  Grin
leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 08, 05:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone on another forum had a similar problem that they fixed by removing Squinge's wearanythingwhilepregnant hack. It might be worth a try if you have that hack in.
labeth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 08, 13:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't understand these directions, I have little hope for helping you further, but we can try.  Grin

Nah, I'm good. Thanks, I'll try that when I get home.
labeth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 11, 19:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried both fixes above, and unfortunately, neither worked. I then tested things out with a few other lots, and it seems to come down to this-- witches in University = borked eyeglasses. If I move the same Sims to the main neighborhood, they're fine. On the Uni lot they came from, the one non-witch who was left there has no glasses problems. If I figure anything more out about it, I'll be sure to post it here in case it helps someone else with the same issue.

Thanks for the help, though.
Guy In A Small Room
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Eyeglass Reflectivity Borked
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 13, 00:21:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know resurrecting ancient threads is a Mortal Sin, BUT........I'm having the same problem.  (Possible Apartment Life trend?)

*  It's only affecting one glasses-wearing-teen in a household of glasses-wearing-adults,
*  I'm not missing regular glasses; but all glasses (Maxis or custom) display this way on the Teen,
*  It has nothing to do with being a witch, as the previous poster postulated.

(Hacks --- nothing relevant:  No Adult Mascot, comm-skilling, alfixes, ijTeleporterApartments, CreatureFixes, the like.)

It's probably some minor, niggling, user-created flea of a defect.  But any pointers would be appreciated.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 13, 01:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think this issue is caused by any hack. I think it's just a hardcoded raytrace glitch.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Guy In A Small Room
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 March 13, 22:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I didn't think it was a hack-related fault, either.  I only mentioned it because that's the first thing people ask.

I'm hoping that, when the Teen heads off to University, the glitch will correct itself.

Otherwise, Dirk Dreamer's daughter will have a see-through skull for the remainder of her days --- a fun trick at parties, maybe, but it gets old after a while.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: