More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 08:24:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Nohobbyspam(not functioning)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nohobbyspam(not functioning)  (Read 10516 times)
SimKat
Asinine Airhead

Throws hissy fits.

View Profile
Nohobbyspam(not functioning)
« on: 2009 March 10, 17:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nohobbyspam seems like it works part of the way,but with this new Freetime patch it has completely disabled the option for kids&teens too get into a secret hobby lot.So I pulled it out and sure enough they were able too get in.I only use The DC for Freetime and no other hacks.It's irritating the hell out of me now,all the hobby retards are coming in like swarms of locusts too tell me my child sim got into the game lot. Roll Eyes
Just wanted too let you know this.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 11, 11:30:49 by simkat » Logged

Don\'t take life too seriously,you don\'t get out alive anyways.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Nohobbyspam(not functioning)
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 12, 01:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nohobbyspam is working as designed: Kids do not receive invitations to hobby lots, because soliciting children like that is illegal! Besides, it's not as if they possess the ability to actually LEAVE their lots. They can receive their hobby invites later when they're older, and actually able to leave the lot. The 12s seem able to get to the lots just fine.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SimKat
Asinine Airhead

Throws hissy fits.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 13, 20:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok then if this  is how it's designed cool,but my Tweens still don't get the invite.But I can deal with it.I think it's dumb that toddlers and kids could get in anyways.But thanks for your reply.

Don\'t take life too seriously,you don\'t get out alive anyways.
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 13, 20:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is nohobbyspam suppose to kill all those magazine calls? I still get those irritating calls.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 13, 21:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, that's what the Phone Hack is for.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 14, 06:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or get "No hobby mag subscription offer" or the "enthusiam overhaul". (link in signature)
They works fine with the mods Pescado did in the same area. RTFM describes the differences you may see with load order.

purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 15, 20:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still get the magazine spam. I have both mods installed..phone hack and nohobbyspam. Both hacks are the latest update.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 15, 23:22:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you ACTIVATE the Phone Hack features? You need to actually set the phone to Off if you want to silence the telemarketing and the spam.

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 March 19, 15:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of us like keeping the ringer on though. The telemarketing is so outrageous...worse than real life. The tunaisafish mod is working great though.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 March 20, 06:23:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree.  I'm a bit peeved by the fact that, the way the gov't operates, I have to tear out my fucking land lines to have a reprieve from the incessant spam.  i sign up for the - do not call lists- Federal and State. And yet they do nothing.  I suppose I could go live in a bunker in Montana, but being that I was born and raised in ND (at least the first 44 yrs of my life),and  I'd prefer to spend the rest of my life in solace and peace without neccessarilly tearing out every fucking thing that is of the 21st century, Grump.  I thought I was maybe a bit of a luddite. I think that I need to reconsider the luddite principle.

Edit: Thanks Tuna. Now I don't have to tear out all the land lines to get a reprieve from the telemarketers.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 20, 08:15:39 by purplehaze » Logged

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 March 20, 10:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose I could go live in a bunker in Montana, but being that I was born and raised in ND (at least the first 44 yrs of my life),and  I'd prefer to spend the rest of my life in solace and peace without neccessarilly tearing out every fucking thing that is of the 21st century, Grump.  I thought I was maybe a bit of a luddite. I think that I need to reconsider the luddite principle.
ND? North Dakota? One of the few states *MORE* desolate and backwards than Montana? No, you don't need to move here, you're fine where you are. ND is like the second most desolate state in the US, second only to Alaska, IIRC.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 March 20, 14:51:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree.  I'm a bit peeved by the fact that, the way the gov't operates, I have to tear out my fucking land lines to have a reprieve from the incessant spam.  i sign up for the - do not call lists- Federal and State. And yet they do nothing. 
I use a cell phone, which is on both lists, and I get no solicitations. I don't even get product offers from my bank, which are allowed with current legislation. Why? Because the first time they called me, I told them that I do not care to receive any sort of sales pitches whatsoever, and if they chose to waste both my time and my money, since they were using my plan minutes, one more time I would move all of my business to another company. Never had another call.

I'm an obstinate, spoiled child. I do not like to be pushed.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 March 20, 15:26:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of us like keeping the ringer on though.
Yeah, well, as it turns out, much like in real life, the calls are never anything of substance and you may as well never answer the phone. It isn't like sims 1, where you occasionally were notified of a fabulous prize. It's more like "The calls pile up until you can't even use your own phone, because the sims don't know how to perform the hook maneuver". I mean, what do you do in real life when you have an important outgoing call to make and some buffoon rings? Do you try to answer it? NO! You just tap the hook and start dialing. Screw them. They can learn to call when you're NOT TRYING TO USE THE PHONE. Can sims do that? NOOOOO.

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 March 20, 17:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of us like keeping the ringer on though.
Yeah, well, as it turns out, much like in real life, the calls are never anything of substance and you may as well never answer the phone.
Oh, I never said I answer the phone. However, I would never, ever put it on silent or turn it off. Ignoring phone calls makes me feel big and important. "I'm too good to talk to you."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 March 21, 01:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This doesn't really cover why you have it ring noisily at all, then. Is this some kind of tardlike F-logic?

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 March 21, 02:50:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's Pavlovian? The very sound of any phone ringing gives me pangs of superiority and elitism.

It should be obvious now why I refuse to turn the ringer off in-game.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 March 21, 04:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, then, why are you complaining about the calls? It's not like you answer them.

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 March 21, 04:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never felt superior about not answering telemarketing calls. Being above that b.s. is just a given.

Since they happen every time a sim gets to about level 2 of any hobby, it means that no one is allowed to skill, ever, unless they want to be terrorized by the hobby maven friend pals and their magazine fun.

I can't take that.

If Kennedy Cox wants to call randomly at noon because he has 13 starter relationship points with one of my sims, that's cool though. Desperate townies are funny. Magazines are not.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 March 21, 05:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How would you even really know if you don't answer?

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 March 21, 06:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He has a certain code he uses when he rings.

Two times, hang up, then call back.

He doesn't do that in your game?  Huh
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: