More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 01:22:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  FFS Debugger - Clearing Gossip freezes while SOLVED
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS Debugger - Clearing Gossip freezes while SOLVED  (Read 5578 times)
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
FFS Debugger - Clearing Gossip freezes while SOLVED
« on: 2008 September 06, 17:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snipped>

New glitch: When saving, I've been having the game freeze up on me sometimes during the save process.  I am now saving every 5-10 (real life) minutes so that I don't have to keep replaying the same days over and over and over again.

I suspect it may be related to "clear gossip" on the batbox, as it only does it when I've finished playing the lot and I try to save (I routinely clear gossip before I move on to another lot).  Doesn't seem to occur during my "just in case I can't save later" saves.  I tested this theory by "clearing trash" and was able to save, then I nuked attraction markers and was able to save.  After these successful saves I immediately cleared gossip, and got a freeze during save.  I'll try playing a few lots without clearing gossip and if I get any more frozen saves I'll update this post.

The game-hangs-on-save-after-clearing-gossip thing happened to me, but only after I also had witches in the family. I cleared gossip once before and saved fine, after making two witches and clearing gossip saving the game froze my computer. And of course I only remembered I oughtn't have done that after it happened.  Roll Eyes

I am having the same problem as the above members (no witches in my families) and I haven't seen this addressed as of yet, if it has, I haven't seen it and apologize in advance.  I have the latest version of FFS Lot Debugger (09/02/208) and I have used it on brand new lots and the game still freezes when saving.  Sad

Thanks
« Last Edit: 2008 September 14, 21:38:30 by twistingsims » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: FFS Debugger - Clearing Gossip freezes while saving game
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 06, 19:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am consistently unable to reproduce this issue, and there is no reason why it should do that. It should not depend on what lot you use and I have never been able to freeze it. Therefore, it must somehow be your fault, so quit messing with it. The Lot Debugger is not a toy.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 06, 20:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i having the same thing but nothing to see with FFS Lot Debugger, i think is AL borkingness, my game freeze 10-20 seg. before start saving in special with apartments and i dont cleaned the cleared gossip.

Sorry my english, i speak spanish
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 07, 02:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I said in the AL bork thread, mine froze and crashed while saving too. I don't have the lot debugger and no sims were on the lot while I was building. It's something to do with AL. The exception said it committed an access violation.
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 07, 15:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i am not expert but you problem seen ( beside AL bork ) somethiing is corrupt, the lot o may be your savings, if this happen one time not if big problem but if you try again a and happen then  something ( i think  ) is corrupt.

Sorry my english, i speak spanish
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 07, 19:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am consistently unable to reproduce this issue, and there is no reason why it should do that. It should not depend on what lot you use and I have never been able to freeze it. Therefore, it must somehow be your fault, so quit messing with it. The Lot Debugger is not a toy.

Well, I can consistently reproduce this issue and I KNOW its not a toy and I am NOT "messing with it", I wouldn't even KNOW how to mess with your mods.  I am using it as per your instructions for this mod.

I have a completely fresh install from scratch.  The only mods I have (from the most recent "moreawesomethanyou" zip) are the following;

alfixes.package
antiredundancy.package
antiweatherreaction.package
ffsdebugger.package
ltwvariety.package
nobabyharassment.package
noeatcrap.package
nostrayrespawn.package
notownieregen.package
nowhatsthis.package
phonehack.package
phonehack-talkmodule.package
sshack.package
table-thinkingcap.package
vacationfixes.package

I removed all other custom content.

I also included quotes from two other members who have had the same issue, so I am not the only one.

I have reproduced this issue several times with different lots, all AL playable lots.  When I use the Lot Debugger by pressing the menu options, "clearing trash" and "nuked attraction markers" I am able to save.  I then use the "clear gossip", a pop-up comes up saying "cleared 136 something" as usual, I then go to save and it just hangs and hangs until I have to go to the desktop and end task.

I have Sims 2 Double Deluxe as my base game, would this have anything to do with it?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: