More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 18:36:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Questions about landlords
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Questions about landlords  (Read 28676 times)
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
Questions about landlords
« on: 2008 September 06, 08:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I am preparing to install AL in the coming week, and as I have a custom hood where everyone has to be customized and have a certain function, I have a couple of questions about landlords.
1. Are they the same type of NPC:s as the fast food cook/tour guide, or more like the postman? Can you interact with them (besides the landlord/tenant interactions), marry them ect?
2. I read somewhere that the game spawns 3 landlords. Do you get a random landlord for your housing? Can one landlord have the responsibility for many houses?
All other info you have about them also interests me.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
Re: Questions about landlords
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 06, 09:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There seem to be three landlords in each neighbourhood, when you play an apartment lot for the first time one of them will be allocated to that lot and come and have your sim sign the lease. The landlord comes to the lot each day after that. Landlords can be male or female, adults or elders. They do some autonomous tasks in the common areas of the lot such as gardening.

Your sims can initially only perform very limited interactions such as talk to the landlord, they are similar to the maids in that respect. Just as with maids, after you build relationship points more interactions become available. If your sim becomes friends with a landlord, they will ask you if you want to hang out with them, and at that point all the normal interactions become available.

If an appliance breaks or there are roaches on the lot, you can have a sim call the landlord to report the problem and they come over immediately.

Each landlord definitely appears at more than one apartment lot. I believe that you can move or marry them in but in that case I assume that they would be like the other NPCs and lose their 'job' as landlord.

More F than you
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 17, 20:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like for the landlord/lady to stop using playables trash compactor.  He/she just barges in and uses the compactor all the time.  If the compactor is blocked he dumps the trash on the floor and leaves it for my sim to clean up.  Shocked
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 17, 21:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I have noticed that too.

Oddly enough, on one of my own apartment lots I have two landlords. There are four apartments and two different landlords show up for different tenants.

More F than you
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 18, 05:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's odd because I have seen two different landlords in one neighborhood but I seem to see the lady landlord at more apartments than the male.  He must only be landlord of only one apartment lot, that's all I have seen him

ISFJ
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 18, 11:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would be interested in an option to PICK the landlord.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 18, 12:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, from any existing sims.  And when the landlord is appointed, he gets the money.  That is a priority for me to hack.  I want my Inge and Peter Jones filthy rich (without using motherlode) before Sims 3 is out.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 18, 13:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh. Good priority Cheesy *Gives Inge some apple cake with vanilla cream for the tea.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 18, 14:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is one bug with the landlord. In the beginning, they come in early everyday and leave when all is well. But after the weekend party that they autonomously throw (a pizza gets delivered), they do not leave ever after. They just pace back and forth in the common area. My sim does not have option to "say goodbye". "Shoo" is there and only gets them out of the door, they then keep pacing out there.

I would LOVE to have a "real" landlord that actually pocket all the rents.  With current available mods, I'm thinking to "Sim Copy" (Christainlov's) the landlord with a playable sim, and familyfund the "real" landlord every time rent is paid.  When I play the "real" landlord, I'll have him/her go to work as landlord using a custom career.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 18, 14:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the problem with my landlord anyway.  Yes he hang about for a long time if I let him stay, or after the party, but he behaves sociably and leaves when it gets to about 2am (if he's not having too much fun being smooched over by Julien Cooke)

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 September 18, 14:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happens if you delete the landlord using "moveobjects", or force an error on him?  Would that break something or would he just reappear and start pacing again?

Also, I just want to express support for Inge's work as well - having a "real" landlord (i.e. not an assigned NPC) would be great.  I shall watch progress with interest, and look forward to Inge's ultimate success.

Tribulatio proxima est
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 September 18, 14:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I especially like that the landlord is so helpful with the garden in the backyard. Keeping up with the garden can be a pain, especially for single moms. I dont like that he insists on wearing his silly modern clothes, despite me giving him a new time appropriate wardrobe with Christianlovs rack. But picking another playable as landlord would be the best solution.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 18, 21:52:28 by ingeli » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 September 18, 14:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happens if you delete the landlord using "moveobjects", or force an error on him?  Would that break something or would he just reappear and start pacing again?

I believe I read over on Simbology that deleting the landlord breaks him/her, and the landlord never shows up again on that lot until it's completely empty and reset.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 September 18, 15:59:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, from any existing sims.  And when the landlord is appointed, he gets the money.  That is a priority for me to hack.  I want my Inge and Peter Jones filthy rich (without using motherlode) before Sims 3 is out.
Yay. My first thought with AL was that I wanted a sim who would purchase apartment lots, then rake in the rent. Totally doable with your pending shiny and Monique's comp to donate the cost.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 September 18, 21:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I have sorted out how it has to be done now.  The only thing is I don't think it's a good idea to change the geezer who actually comes round to do the maintenance, think of him as staff from a letting agency.  But I am pretty sure I can get a situation where you can make any playable sim be landlord, including parting with the money to purchase the lot.  Also I might be able to get this working for hotels too.

dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 September 18, 21:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squee! So is the plan to have the rent money that gets dropped in the box go directly to the sim who owns the lot? I would love having that in my game! Cheesy
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 September 18, 21:54:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ownable apartments AND ownable hotels.. *Faints
Llial
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 September 19, 01:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe I read over on Simbology that deleting the landlord breaks him/her, and the landlord never shows up again on that lot until it's completely empty and reset.

I forced an error on him to get rid of him. But the other day he was  back on the lot to check on his apartments. Nothing broke.

But what I want to know is, how I can get rid of lot visitors and the landlord when there are in my apartment? I have no goodby options for this NPC/townis.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 September 19, 01:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Hammer and Sickle features "make bugger off", does that work?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2008 September 19, 02:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smite certainly works. Try smite.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 September 19, 04:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smite certainly works. Try smite.

Smite only works if they're outdoors.  Doesn't help to get them out of your apartment.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Llial
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 September 19, 04:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Hammer and Sickle features "make bugger off", does that work?

Now stompe me in the ground, but I have no clue what you talking about. Huh I looked through the hackdirectory, but couldn't find anything with hammer and sickle Cry

Please point me in the right direction.
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 September 19, 04:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Business Runs You looks like a Hammer and Sickle wall sculpture. I will refrain from pointing, however. I can't do EVERYTHING.
Llial
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 September 19, 21:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, I found a hack, who silently caused a conflict. It was not just to get rid of the landlord, it was for every lotvisitor. I had no good by or ask to leave option in my pie menus. Now where i can get rid of my neigborghs, I can use just APO to cut the landlord out of my apartment.
dragonarts
Blathering Buffoon

http://dragcave.net/user/dragonarts

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 September 19, 21:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I have sorted out how it has to be done now.  The only thing is I don't think it's a good idea to change the geezer who actually comes round to do the maintenance, think of him as staff from a letting agency.  But I am pretty sure I can get a situation where you can make any playable sim be landlord, including parting with the money to purchase the lot.  Also I might be able to get this working for hotels too.

WANT! *drool*

Um, anyone else have the problem of the landlord picking up the old newspaper to dispose of it, then dropping it, then picking it up, then dropping it, over and over again? I use move objects on to delete it so he stops. It seems to be the only way he will.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: