More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 13:15:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Non-working SecuROM Uninstaller?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Non-working SecuROM Uninstaller?  (Read 7943 times)
BarkingPup
Blathering Buffoon

Muffin Eater

View Profile
Non-working SecuROM Uninstaller?
« on: 2008 September 06, 21:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm new so perhaps this is a really n00b question but I've searched MATY and nothing mentions this. Searching Google gives me the exact same instructions I recieved/found. Mainly, I'm wondering if this is a completely useless SecuROM Uninstaller.

1) Basically (and because I have no idea how to upload the actual uninstaller to the forum) it says to download the SecuROM Uninstaller.
2) Unzip the files into the C drive
3) (here is where they differ for Vista and XP. I have Vista so I'll just put up the Vista instructions) Go to the Start menu and go to Accessories. Click on 'Run' and type cmd when it comes up.
4) Type cd C:\
5) Type SecuROM_Uninstaller/fulluninstall and press ENTER.
6) It runs the SecuROM Uninstaller tool which, according to the dialogue box that comes up, fully uninstalls it from your computer. According to the place I found it in all of the files are gone but I have no idea how to check.

Has anyone heard if this works or not? I'm afraid it didn't and I still have SecuROM on my laptop (Oh yeah, I do run No CD/Fixed EXE currently for Apartment Life). I never had any problems that I noticed with SecuROM so I can't compare my computer's performance to anything....

Fat Cat eatz yer head. 'twas nutricius and delicius

despite teh lack o' brainy flavur

Spore Creations
Jemina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Non-working SecuROM Uninstaller?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 06, 22:01:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried it and it didn't work. I then tried the solution in the thread here at MATY and that didn't work. Format C and reinstall of Windows did work Wink
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 06, 22:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In order to figure out if you have SecuRom, click Start/Run...(or press the windows key and r) and start the program regedit. Go to the folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE and look for a folder called SecuRom. If it's there, well, balls, try harder. If it's not, yay; you win!
BarkingPup
Blathering Buffoon

Muffin Eater

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 06, 22:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In order to figure out if you have SecuRom, click Start/Run...(or press the windows key and r) and start the program regedit. Go to the folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE and look for a folder called SecuRom. If it's there, well, balls, try harder. If it's not, yay; you win!

Well I opened the regedit and searched for SecuROM (Using the 'find'... is that what you meant?) and it only found my SecuROM uninstaller file... nothing else. So... I don't have SecuROM?

Spore Creations
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 06, 22:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can not attest to how effective the search is on the registry. Just do it manually; it's easy enough to do.
BarkingPup
Blathering Buffoon

Muffin Eater

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 06, 23:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can not attest to how effective the search is on the registry. Just do it manually; it's easy enough to do.

Well, I searched and couldn't find anything that blatantly said it was SecuROM. I saw secdrv and sffdsk (Do not quote me on that spelling) but other than peaking my interest it didn't appear to be SecuROM. Does this mean it actually worked? That I'm free?

Spore Creations
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 06, 23:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you are free, at least from SecuRom. Congraturation.  Smiley
BarkingPup
Blathering Buffoon

Muffin Eater

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 06, 23:14:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you are free, at least from SecuRom. Congraturation.  Smiley

Neat! Freedom  Grin

I was wondering why MATY doesn't have this as a 'getting rid of SuckuROM' thingy... it doesn't even have a mention and every time I type in 'SecuROM Uninstall' into Google I end up with the exact same instructions I posted. Hmmm... I should find out the link of where I downloaded it from because it had the uninstaller right there in a .zip file.

Does this uninstaller not work for everyone or something?
Am I asking stupid, unintelligent questions and unaware of it?

EDIT: Found this link: http://www.securom.com/support/SecuROM_Uninstaller.zip
from here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=926714&topic=43672177

Copy and paste into browser and the dialogue for downloading it comes up. I tried downloading is into the same folder as the first uninstaller and it asked if I wanted replace them. Suggesting they are both the same file... or just the same name. I'll download it into a different folder and try to run it just to check... It is! Or, it seems to work the same.

Should I post instructions on how to use it properly? (as there is more to it than what I posted above).
« Last Edit: 2008 September 06, 23:34:00 by BarkingPup » Logged

Spore Creations
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 07, 02:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do I suspect that the SecuROM uninstall would either break stuff or do nothing at all?  Also, who gives out an uninstalled to copy protection?  Sony FTL.
BarkingPup
Blathering Buffoon

Muffin Eater

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 07, 22:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do I suspect that the SecuROM uninstall would either break stuff or do nothing at all?  Also, who gives out an uninstalled to copy protection?  Sony FTL.

I haven't seen anything screwy since I used it (nothing changed either though). I would put SecuROM back onto my laptop and find the folder than see if it's gone but I'm not willing to risk that. SecuROM did nothing to my computer before but I remember when I installed the crappy Freetime patch my game went really wonky until I used the SecuROM uninstall (or maybe that was the no-cd/Fixed Exe?).

Nonetheless I believe it is worth a try.

P.S I just remembered the place where I found it had e-mailed the SecuROM people asking how to get rid of it. They sent h/er/im the uninstaller with a whole spiel about uninstalling and how it could be bad etcetera, etcetera. I don't know if that means it's good or not....

Spore Creations
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: