More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 16:36:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Strange skill meter above head
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Strange skill meter above head  (Read 2350 times)
Kangals
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Strange skill meter above head
« on: 2008 September 05, 03:10:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At present I am only playing with EPs to Seasons and all SPs installed - due to the EA support people being decidedly less awsome that anybody, but that is another story!
I have therefore started playing Pleasantville anew and have added the Oldies to the neighbourhood. Coral has been on the phone and then she gets a blue skill meter above her head that doesn't seem to go away, even during woohoo. Now I know that that there is skill involved in that, and she does seem to have a larger than normal appetite for a family sim, but I am fairly sure that none of my other sims have ever showed a skill meter for that, even the rampant romance sims! Does anyone know what this is?

Some things, we do because we have to, some things, we do because we want to, but some things we just do!
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Strange skill meter above head
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 05, 04:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a very similar thing going on, with the blue skill meter that wouldn't go away, and also Sims were unable to gain skill points while the blue bar followed them everywhere.  I have a very different setup, though -- base+UNI+AL and no SPs.

In my case, it seemed to have been because of a couple pieces of AwesomeWare that are related to FT, that I forgot to remove after I uninstalled FT.  Once I did so, everything was fine (or at least as fine as the unpatched EP8 is so far).  Perhaps you have a hack that you accidentally overlooked, either Awesome or not, that relates to BV or FT?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Strange skill meter above head
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 05, 15:33:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you suspect tight pants, remove all hacks and test.  If the problem resolves, install the latest director's cut for Seasons and test again.  If problem is still gone, then test with any non-awesome hacks you might have.

Or you can do a binary search (see the FAQ).  First step would still be to test without hacks to ensure that this is, in fact, the problem.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: