More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:23:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Third Menu Crashes the Vanilla Game!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Third Menu Crashes the Vanilla Game!  (Read 3704 times)
BarkingPup
Blathering Buffoon

Muffin Eater

View Profile
Third Menu Crashes the Vanilla Game!
« on: 2008 September 16, 08:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this was mentioned in the AL bork thread (23 pages? Oh hell no!) and if it is feel free to point and laugh (and post a link of the page).

So I moved this family into a house and figured -now that I have fanceh RAM- to put up some decorations. I have no idea if this was prevelant before AL (I don't use deco that much) but I clicked on the Misc. Decorations and the third menu thing crashes the game. It doesn't even go into the third menu; the music will skip, restart and the dialogue box 'this application has crashed. This application will now terminate' comes up.

So I despaired of my lost build mode wonders and ran a vanilla game but it still crashes. I don't understand it! To my knowledge (and I've checked three times) I have all updated hacks. The only thing I really did differently was replace the Userdata and Neighborhood folder packages with 'clean' ones. BUT the crashes were happening before that as well.

If people want an error log... erm, I have no idea how to locate them in Vista and have no idea if Vista would even keep track of game crashes...
Ah yes: I have Sims2, NL, OFB, Uni, FT, AL, Pets, Seasons Celebration!, Glamour, Teen style, Family Fun and run everything off of No-cd patches.
My laptop is, unfortunately, running Windoze Vista Home Premium with four new GB's of RAM and a crappy 1.6 Ghz processor with the shitty 256mb ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 video card.

Fat Cat eatz yer head. 'twas nutricius and delicius

despite teh lack o' brainy flavur

Spore Creations
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Third Menu Crashes the Vanilla Game!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 16, 15:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check your zCEP_Extra folder in Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims 2. There may be something in there causing issues.
BarkingPup
Blathering Buffoon

Muffin Eater

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 17, 04:38:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check your zCEP_Extra folder in Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims 2. There may be something in there causing issues.

Oookay, not sure what I'm looking for but I found these things that may be causing it:

Garden_Rocks (Can't remember where they are. Could have sworn they were in terrain but who knows. As I said: me no use deco)
Atomic_Age_Lamps (In lighting? Or maybe they're merely decorative)
Club_Table_Lamp (Erm, see above)
Fat_City_Counter (Have no clue what the hell this is. Supposebly it's a counter? Like, food counter? More than likely it is and I'm being really stupid)

Am I looking for some special package specifically in the decorations or a package in general? What do I do if it's crashing my game? Do I open it in SimpE?
Very N00by questions, I know, but then again in the land of the Sims I tread with boots of n00bles instead of awesome Maty boots.

Spore Creations
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 17, 08:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, take them out and test the game to see if it still crashes. There was an issue with the rocks, but I thought it was for pre BV games. You'd need to read the CEP thread on MTS2 for details.
BarkingPup
Blathering Buffoon

Muffin Eater

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 17, 09:18:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, take them out and test the game to see if it still crashes. There was an issue with the rocks, but I thought it was for pre BV games. You'd need to read the CEP thread on MTS2 for details.

Woot! I systematically took out, ran, and put in the CEP packages and it turns out it was the garden rocks. I'm not running BV (the only one besides some stuff packs) could that be the reason? Or maybe it was borked in AL.... but anyhow I took it out and now the sims is running A-OK.

Ha, finding anything on MTS2 is nigh impossible.

Baaaaa, for your help Smiley

Spore Creations
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 17, 10:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe, yes- I checked the CEP site and Numenor says that the rocks were causing issues for people without BV. Well done for sorting it out! Don't forget that MTS2 has a Google search too, which I sometimes find more useful. Smiley
BarkingPup
Blathering Buffoon

Muffin Eater

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 18, 00:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe, yes- I checked the CEP site and Numenor says that the rocks were causing issues for people without BV. Well done for sorting it out! Don't forget that MTS2 has a Google search too, which I sometimes find more useful. Smiley

Ah, well, then that explains it! The only bad thing that has happened to me when I decided not to install BV!

Roll Eyes It was purely trial and error on my part. With the home wireless freaking out it was more a situation of 'waaaah, can't get on mah internets to Google teh problem!' So I went the looooong way.

Oooh, I forgot about that Google Search. Usually I use that 'filter downloads' thing but I believe from now on a Google search is for me.

Spore Creations
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: