More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 13:00:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How do you organize your CC?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How do you organize your CC?  (Read 16730 times)
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: How do you organize your CC?
« Reply #25 on: 2008 September 06, 18:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually organize by subfoldering everything by site, then by user if it's a site like MTS2. I found out that my game loads faster if I do not have anything within the downloads folder itself. I subfolder by site, with the exception of hacks, I have those in one subfolder, and then by site with the name "zzzHacks" as well as a subfolder for default replacements, but since they don't show up as CC I only subfolder those by type (e.g. eyes, skintones, pregnant, etc.).

Very organized. It's even more helpful when I use this
« Last Edit: 2008 December 03, 05:32:13 by fway » Logged

socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 September 08, 20:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes to both. I also combine all my package files. Say I get a dress with a mesh and four recolours, I use SimPE to combine all four files into one. It makes it so much easier and there are no abandoned meshes (plus a lot less files to muddle through. I do the same with hair and multiple recolours of maxis objects etc.  I have 735 (probably without combining it would be over 2000) files in 55 folders.

Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to do this? I'm a maniac when it comes to my downloadfolder, and this seems to be the perfect solution for the headaches it gives me sometimes.

I don't think so I just figured out most of it on my own and what I didn't know I asked the creators that I knew would. I can write out a tut this weekend and pm it to you if you can't find something suitable by then.

Ohh, could you send it to me too?

I'd be interested, too.  TashaFaun, it looks like more people would be interested in your tutorial than you imagined.  Maybe you could post it in the Peasantry?  I'm still a nOOb at SimPE and skeert I'll borkinate something if I mess around with it without the proper knowledge.

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2008 September 08, 22:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohh, I'd be very interested too Tasha!

Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 September 09, 08:18:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Is it too late to ask for one too now? Tongue Seriously, given the amount of people interested, you should probably start a thread in Peasantry about it. Either way, I can has, please?

Dive in!
dnilecosplayer
Asinine Airhead

Getting teens pregnent since Seasons.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 September 11, 00:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto. I missed it. Can I have one too? lol

Give it here or I'll throw you in a vat of boiling sharks.
This may be why I love this place....

I-89 N-12 T-100 J-33. Electronic Engineering feild. Go figure.
TripleM
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 September 11, 07:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes to both. I also combine all my package files. Say I get a dress with a mesh and four recolours, I use SimPE to combine all four files into one. It makes it so much easier and there are no abandoned meshes (plus a lot less files to muddle through. I do the same with hair and multiple recolours of maxis objects etc.  I have 735 (probably without combining it would be over 2000) files in 55 folders.

Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to do this? I'm a maniac when it comes to my downloadfolder, and this seems to be the perfect solution for the headaches it gives me sometimes.

I don't think so I just figured out most of it on my own and what I didn't know I asked the creators that I knew would. I can write out a tut this weekend and pm it to you if you can't find something suitable by then.

although probably solved via pm, i might as well add my guess regarding the procedure, so "Search"-function will find something, when others might become interested.

preparations:
- get SimPE (any version should work)
- make backups as needed
- have some space available for the temporary files

procedure:
1. open the mesh-package in SimPE
2. open a recolor-package in another instance of SimPE
3. extract whole content of recolor (CTRL-A -> RMB -> Extract...) to temporary storage
4. add extracted content into mesh (RMD -> Add...)
5. repeat 2.-4. for any further recolor
6. save mesh-package

correct me, if i'm wrong.

INTP
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 September 11, 12:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*TA TashaFaun!*

I organize my cc in files using the in-game catagories.  But, I like to make thematic neighborhoods, so I also store a lot of specialized cc in specifically labeled folders including from where I downloaded.  For instance, if I want to play a Victorian, space, futuristic, fantasy, or some such neighborhood, I just pull that folder out of storage and put it into my downloads folder.  The drawback to that is that some of the content is quite excellent and could be used elsewhere; but I like to keep my downloads folder managable.

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
simerette
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 October 10, 19:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Took me some time to relize how to organize this to so hope this will help you each title is a folder

Redemtion Code
Clothing - (name of maker) - (I do this so if they have something specail i like I dont get it all mixed in with the others but yet the folders hang together )
Livingrooms - (name of maker)
Kitchens - (name of maker)
Hacks - (name of maker)
EA

etc...... so on

Hope this helps

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: