More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:22:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Fail: September
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Fail: September  (Read 130814 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: EAxis House of Fail: September
« Reply #75 on: 2008 September 14, 08:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so looking forward to having time to go through this thread properly, I've been marking all weekend and am really pissed off I've had so little playtime. I've had quick skims though and the lots I've seen look great. I'm hoping I get time to actually enter this month!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008 September 14, 14:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just need to retake all my pictures - since they seem to have gotten misplaced - I'm actually rather happy with it, even with the glitch on the fireplace.
tryclyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008 September 14, 22:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay. 
   Decorating for form as well as function is difficult for me at best.  Combine that with EAxis choices and I am usually lost.  The house challenges have been so tempting and are probably the reason that I've actually registered this time.   This is me learning something new so I do welcome any and all criticism. Last month I think that I had at least eight false starts.

I've enlarged the house just a bit, dug out the basement because I wouldn't want a house w/o a cellar at least and decided to try out the cone roof.

I have all SPs and all EPs upto Freetime installed. AL is sitting on the shelf waiting for me to finish this house.  I've used much of IKEA, even though I'm not a fan of the comfort levels, and a CC bookshelf that is an unlocked IKEA item( I think).

Unfurnished - $53,500
  Furnished - $109,500  (unwanded-the wand is hiding again)
  Front

Back

Second floor

First floor

Basement garden area

More images
http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk190/tryclyn/MATY%20-%20House%20challenges/September%20-%20105%20Sim%20Lane/?action=view&current=2e8fce55.pbw

The garden in the basement is actually productive and I've play tested the house through all seasons w/o any hacks, save LordDarcy's IKEA fixes. 

Oh, I almost forgot.
  http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0581aed48c2ae03eab1eab3e9fa335caded6ba08db991cc3
  Furnished and unfurnished should be available.

Edited because the second floor image is not what it is supposed to be and I will have to fix it later, my pillow is calling.

Edited again.  I realized why the second floor looked wrong.  I had mistakenly moved an external wall.  Adjusted house added to download.  Images replaced as well.

« Last Edit: 2008 September 15, 17:14:33 by tryclyn » Logged

Then cat rang his own bell.  I ate food.
sirnh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008 September 16, 11:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well... I made my own version of this house (without any custom content). It's far from perfect, but this is the best I could do, without custom content. (This would have been much easier with custom content, lol).

Pictures:

Front:

Back:

Top view (First floor):

More pictures at: http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm290/sirnh1/sims2FailHouse/?albumview=slideshow

I know that I also fail at taking pics, sorry about that...

Build with all EP and SP installed. Don't really know how much it costs but the last time I looked at the price it was around 128.000 simdollars...

For those of you, who want it for any reason it's up at: http://www.4shared.com/file/63198363/68904031/105b_Lane_of_darkness.html

"Today you'll see me crash and burn, but I'll be back tomorrow."
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 September 16, 20:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love so many of the houses in this thread!  I need to go on a downloading rampage in the very near future.  Comments on some:

I dig the dollhouse feel of faizah's house and love the use of color in Lana B's- nicely implemented without being garish.

jim uses combinations of Eaxis buildmode items in a way that makes me see them in a whole new light.  I especially love the windows.

Emma-  Wood!  You are almost unfairly good at turning these fugmo houses into something beautiful.  The landscaping is gorgeous, too!

leaths-  I love houses that have such a unified feel inside and out, the fact that it's so well done doesn't hurt.  I think I'm going to turn it into a small dorm for my tudor-style university.

tryclyn-  If that were a real house, I would sell a kidney to live there.  I'm a sucker for big, slightly eccentric looking homes with porches and lots of green.  I would probably want the dining area to be closer to the kitchen, though. 
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: 2008 September 17, 11:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Introducing ... the Eco Home.

This spacious, eco-friendly family home comes complete with three and a half bedrooms, two bathrooms and formal dining.

A sun-drenched family room adjoining the main house has it's own private access, and allows parents to keep an eye on the kids playing in the spacious back yard.

This innovative design separates the main house from the bedrooms via sunny balconies. The main living area features a sunny nook and two aquatic feature windows that lead to the private areas of the house.

The modern kitchen is clad in green marble, and is accented by a brown marble feature wall.

This lovely modern home has all the amenities and is a steal at half the cost.

POA.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 17, 12:20:54 by floopyboo » Logged

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 September 17, 20:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I decided to give it a try too as I could use some pointers on getting better at building.  This is actually my second attempt as I deleted the post with my first attempt.  Basically what I did in this iteration is gutted the entire house, expanded the second floor, and then set it all up.

Front view.  I don't have Pets installed right now, but I put the fence in out of deference to AwesomeSpec anyway.

Back view.  Deck #1 with the grill, tables, and chairs is enclosed, while the door from deck #2 to the hot tub and the swimming pool can easily be replaced with one of Inge's beach doors.  I love those things.  No more guests wandering all over my Sims' houses in their swimsuits.

First floor.  My solution to the nook with angled walls was to put the dining table there.  I know the house isn't up to AwesomeSpec as I've never cared whether guests wander all over the house, for instance -- but I'm openminded on the matter.  My own less-than-Awesome criteria include double staircases at the back of the house, as well as un-shoo-able bathrooms.  The One Desk is there too of course. 

Second floor.  The Sim family I'm testing it with consists of a husband and wife and their two sons, teen and child.  We will see how the two boys fare sharing that bedroom and ensuite bathroom, but it will probably be fine.

Living room:

Kitchen, along with dining room and outdoor grilling area:

Master bedroom:

As presented here, the lot costs $103942.  I was hoping to get below $100k but alas no dice.  I'm going to consider it finished now, but I will welcome any suggestions for the next time.  I'm running base+UNI+AL only (hence no car, driveway, or garage).  The house is 100% Maxis content, checked with Clean Installer.

And finally, click here to download.

Thanks for looking!  Smiley
Rybka
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 September 18, 18:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe I'm unlurking. It's a tad uncomfortable. Anyway, on with it...

Here's my take on the lot, leaning heavily on AL build content. I raised the roof, added a basement, and moved the interior walls. Then I squeezed in a driveway and gave the decks an overhaul. Finally I redecorated the whole place, changing the windows and all.

The lot is decorated to suit a family of two adults, one child, one toddler and one dog. It isn't quite Awsomespec, but it's perfectly playable. I have all expansions and stuff packs up until and including AL (and I think I even used one item from FFS, which would have to be a first for me).

Pics:
Front view...

... and from the back.

Ground floor: entrance hall, living room, dining room, kitchen, study, and a bathroom. Two wooden decks with barbecue and bar.

First floor: master bedroom, two smaller bedrooms, two baths, and a fairly spacious landing.

Attic: a bathroom and a large room with plenty of space for aspiration rewards and such. Or for a double bed.

Basement (access from outside only): entrance hall with woohoo-closet, sauna, shower, wc, a room for aspiration rewards, and a silly-entranced secret extra room for super secret aspiration rewards. (I wouldn't want my neighbours to know about it if I had a money printing device.)

Can I have more pictures? If so, here are some interiors:

Living room.

Dining room towards kitchen and living room.

Master bedroom.

More pics here: http://s383.photobucket.com/albums/oo279/Rybka_bucket/

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?2jmnmnnzbct

Right, that's it. Hope you like.
/Rybka

Edit: Download link now pointing to the right version of the lot  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: 2008 September 18, 22:50:40 by Rybka » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: 2008 September 18, 19:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rybka, that is gorgeous! I love the first floor layout and the interior decor is really nice. Good job!

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 September 18, 19:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Rybka: That's a lovely house! I really like the carport, I would never have thought to build one despite parking underneath one every night.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2008 September 18, 19:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rybka, your lot download contains a mailbox and garbage can as game objects. Are these just deco objects that you included? Love the layout and your inside decorating.
jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008 September 18, 21:29:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Cimaronna: I loved your house, the decor, the garden, the basement, the whole thing. I particularly like the cool blue/green theme throughout, spiced up with brilliant red.

@MaximilianPS: You've managed to make the house look spacious and airy, very elegant. Nice.

@Tryclyn: I like your 'minty fresh' colour scheme, particulary the downstairs bathroom, with those swanky green tiles. Once again, I'm wishing I had stuff packs.

@Rybka: I wish you'd entered houses in the earlier contests.  This is a great house, which I could definitely use in my hood.

I decided to knuckle down and finish the Victorian style house I started and gave up on this month. It's not the sort of house I'd normally use in my game, and I won't be using this one either.  It's just too dark and fussy. 

105 Jim Lanes comes in at $210,587 unwanded (must learn to wand sometime).  It has three double bedrooms, a large (and very dark) family room, 3.5 bathrooms, nursery, dining room, lounge and kitchen, pool and play area/garden. Room for 1 car.

Front

Back

Ground Floor layout

Lounge

Note: totally stolen the idea of scattering family debris on tables and floor, here and in the family room.  It does make the place look lived in.

Dining

Kitchen

I do like the kitchen, but the Sims aren't keen.

First floor layout

Seem to have gone too far down the pink route on this floor.

Bedrooms 1 & 2

Both bedrooms lead on to a little balcony, with bench, which my playtester Sims thought was very ordinary.

Top floor layout

All my attempts to lighten up Victorian decor ended in abject failure on the top floor, with an unbearably twee children's room, and a dark, dark family room.  Only the bathroom is clean and light.

Very violet bedroom

Addams family room

It's awesomespecs (that's become second nature now), and playtested without problems. I have all EPs and no SPs. Available here: http://tinyurl.com/3ov2c9
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: 2008 September 18, 21:32:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jim, I love your kitchen too! I think the whole place would look great converted to a witches' mansion Grin All dark wood flooring and cauldrons!

Rybka
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008 September 18, 22:55:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

keirra: Well, I screwed up. Trashcan and mailbox should not have been included. I have corrected the download link so that it points to the truly cc-free lot. Thanks for the heads up!
kalina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2008 September 19, 03:20:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jim, very nice house! I have your first makeover in my game and I am really enjoying the style!
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2008 September 19, 14:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After about three days of trying to get this darn thing uploaded without losing all my pictures, here is Mannered Manor, an ode to the Apartment Life bohemian collection. Comments and criticism welcome!

(the bench on the far left is gone, and the hack making my garbage can invisible was removed before uploading)

Disclaimer:  I have all the EPs, SPs and store stuffs.  The only thing packed with the house that will have a cc star is the Spooky Stuff gargoyle. Quick stats-  3 bed, four bath, one nursery and a partially furnished basement that can easily fit at least two more bedrooms.  

Grounds and Features: Orchard, soccer net, small, fishable pond, playground area and parking for one.  More flora than I usually use, but playtesting yielded no access issues.

(an alternative name for the lot was "Two Guardians")

Third Floor/Attic and Features: Seasonal storage, reading and craft areas with access to sekkrit room (perfect for undercover witches and/or hiding from the kids).  

Second Floor and Features: Master bedroom with balcony and bath, double single and single single bedrooms, common bath, skill room (that can be converted to a bedroom) and skilling areas.

First Floor and Features: Entry way with One Desk, sitting room, dining room, kitchen, nursery with easy access to kitchen and a bathroom with tub (something I always forget, so I end up with temporary tubs in the hallway).  I'm playing a legacy with three cats, so I threw in a small pet room.  

Basement and Features: Full bath and sports themed television room.  The rest is free for aspiration/career rewards or expansion of living areas.  

Download:
Furnished- Wanded to $126,416
Unfurnished-  Wanded to 62, 026
« Last Edit: 2011 May 27, 20:32:35 by Batelle » Logged
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: 2008 September 20, 09:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Batelle: Ooh. I love that house. Excellent use of colour, and I love a house with big empty rooms. Expansion is important! I also love the pet room, though I so rarely play with pets myself. I can see a witch living here (with the witchery items in the secret attic space) with a family, and a familiar. I could even see the basement entertainment room converted into another bedroom, for the teen (or adult) who wants to get away from their parents without actually getting away.

zombiekim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: 2008 September 20, 16:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my gosh! All of these houses are so lovely. I want to live in them all.
Batelle, I love your house, especially the exterior. That shot of the playground is great...it feels very autumnal. And I like your use of archways to make lots of little interconnected rooms.
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: 2008 September 21, 09:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My husband has been playing Pink Floyd non stop for several days, so this house grew from that.
A tribute to Pink Floyd, here is "Pink Void"

the "play side" view

front view.. the dark side

bottom floor, albatross view

top floor, albatross view

Is there anybody out there?

The show must go on. Outdoor music stage, David on guitar, Richard on the weird new electronical instrument

What shall we do now? Living room

If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding!

Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast, Kitchen

Dark side of the moon, Bath

bedroom, with art from Pompeii

2 lost souls, living in a fish bowl

Stairs

Careful with that ax, Eugene

I've made this using all expansions (no stuff packs) up to Freetime
The house is here to download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zwmigz0ndyd

RIP Richard Wright
« Last Edit: 2008 September 21, 18:05:36 by SalixTree » Logged

why be normal?
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: 2008 September 21, 10:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rybka, I love the color of the rooms, it's a beautiful house. *downloads*
I know what you mean by uncomfortable unlurking. I've only just unlurked myself recently. ( And still treading softly. Wink )

why be normal?
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 September 21, 12:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@SalixTree - I love the Pink Floyd inspired house. I always think night clubs or community lots when I see that decor so never really thought to try it in a house.

I have installed both the Ikea SP and AL since starting off my house. I had a look at it yesterday and it still loads fine so I may get it finished and up today. It's got a distinctly blue theme to it at the moment but that may change with some of the new content. It's more or less complete but I like to playtest them first to check for any design stupidity or missing essentials.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2008 September 21, 19:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@SalixTree. Love it. I wasn't so taken with the outside of the house until I saw the inside and then the picture caption theme running through. That caught my fancy and I got where you were coming from. I like the grunge look with the eccentric streak, as you portray it. And all in hot pink!  Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Bleached
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 September 21, 20:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep seeing the houses are wanded down to X amount of dollars. What does that mean? Also, how do I extract a lot from my game?
leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 September 21, 20:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@SalixTree. Love it. I wasn't so taken with the outside of the house until I saw the inside and then the picture caption theme running through. That caught my fancy and I got where you were coming from. I like the grunge look with the eccentric streak, as you portray it. And all in hot pink!  Cheesy

That's exactly what I was going to say, but witch said it first. So instead I'll just quote her and say ditto.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: 2008 September 22, 06:23:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's exactly what I was going to say, but witch said it first. So instead I'll just quote her and say ditto.

Me too! Excellent theme, Salix Grin

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: