More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:47:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Fail: September
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Fail: September  (Read 130811 times)
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

This post not officially sanctioned

View Profile
Re: EAxis House of Fail: September
« Reply #50 on: 2008 September 08, 21:56:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided to do something constructive for a change.
I have made hardly any changes to the building, just internal walls, and my usual boring decorating style. i can't bring myself to use furniture, walls or floors that I hate.
It can be awesomespecced. I divided the garden to allow for private stuff. There's one door dividing the house. There's no nursery, so not a spawning house as is. There are 2 public bathrooms and space for a public pond and/or pool should they be desired. Bedrooms are unfurnished. I always delete the beds from others' lots anyway as I insist on high comfort.
I don't do landscaping. I just dumped a few bits in so it wasn't too naked. (See treeless 'hood in background for further proof)
See the wonders of a virtually unchanged house.
Front: See the treeless hill, but faked garden!

Downstairs: Marvel at the sameness of the house!

Upstairs: Be awed by the cramped emptiness

Living room: Be grateful I didn't furnish your house!

Dining room: Oooh! Chairs!

Kitchen: I'm running out of fake enthusiasm!

The back bit: Decorated walls and caffination station!

* double edit
105SimLaneLanaB.Sims2Pack
^ different link ^
« Last Edit: 2008 September 11, 21:13:52 by Lana B » Logged

"Curse that alpha turkey, rohina! She will get her comeuppance next Grammar Day-- I will make sure of it!"
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 September 08, 22:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lana B, I really like the elegant simplicity of the house. Could we have it, please?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 September 08, 22:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jim's is a "must have" for me.  Go Jim!  It has a certain modern elegance.

Tribulatio proxima est
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 September 09, 19:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I added a link to the file. I tried playing it, but I have no idea whether it will stand for proper playing.
I have everything up to and including AL, but managed to include the phone hack and Pes' Humble computer so use Clean Installer.

"Curse that alpha turkey, rohina! She will get her comeuppance next Grammar Day-- I will make sure of it!"
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 September 09, 19:18:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I added a link to the file. I tried playing it, but I have no idea whether it will stand for proper playing.
I have everything up to and including AL, but managed to include the phone hack and Pes' Humble computer so use Clean Installer.

Lana, can I get you to come over and decorate my house? I love what you did with it! I like that you kept the original feel of place, and how you decorated the inside of it. I can't wait to play with it.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 September 09, 21:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I couldn't do July at the time and missed out entirely on August, I decided that I was definitely doing this one. I'm not entirely happy with it, though. Maybe some of you can spot what needs fixing. I now have everything up to IKEA. I just haven't installed AL, yet.

The exterior is almost the same as before. I rather liked the style but not the house.

Since I upgraded last month, I couldn't resist playing with it a little bit. Maybe it's overdone?

Because I loaded the yard so much, instead of doing a full garage as usual, I decided to add a basement. The entrance is (hopefully) hidden well enough from the front and is accessible from the deck.

The second floor is fairly basic. I did have fun playing with the new wallpapers and such, though.

The first floor has a sitting room off of the kitchen which also leads to the smaller of the back decks. I left the dining area open to the kitchen but it is lockable. The stairs leading both upstairs and down to the basement have lockable doors. A small bath for guests and a larger bath for the family are included. I didn't decorate as much as I usually do inside. There is room for more items as you wish should you decide to download.

The basement is for skilling, partying, hobbies, and if your sims insist on instruments, let 'em make their noise downstairs!  Wink

Here they are unfurnished:
http://www.4shared.com/file/62382321/5b908772/105_Sim_Lane_Cim_v1_Unfurnished.html

and furnished:
http://www.4shared.com/file/62382365/3891866f/105_Sim_Lane_Cim_v1_Furnished.html

INTJ - Intelligence is what you have available to use. Whether or not you are smart is determined by how well you use your intelligence.
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 September 09, 23:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided to do something constructive for a change.
I have made hardly any changes to the building, just internal walls, and my usual boring decorating style. i can't bring myself to use furniture, walls or floors that I hate.
It can be awesomespecced. I divided the garden to allow for private stuff. There's one door dividing the house. There's no nursery, so not a spawning house as is. There are 2 public bathrooms and space for a public pond and/or pool should they be desired. Bedrooms are unfurnished. I always delete the beds from others' lots anyway as I insist on high comfort.
I don't do landscaping. I just dumped a few bits in so it wasn't too naked. (See treeless 'hood in background for further proof)
See the wonders of a virtually unchanged house.
*edit
CLICK to download.

Huh download link won't work for explorer.  Huh

Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 September 10, 07:48:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those of you having trouble downloading with explorer and don't want to install a new browser, try using getright.
It has an inbuilt explorer that will open the webpage into it's componants.  You can then locate the file and download it without IE having a heart attack.

It will also usually resume the file if you fail to download the first time.

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 September 11, 02:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those of you having trouble downloading with explorer and don't want to install a new browser, try using getright.
It has an inbuilt explorer that will open the webpage into it's componants.  You can then locate the file and download it without IE having a heart attack.

It will also usually resume the file if you fail to download the first time.

It didn't work for me. Still got nothing but error message. Sad

NothingToSee
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 September 11, 09:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lana, I downloaded your house through Firefox, but when I tried to install it the clean installer gave me an error message.

It looks like a really nice house though.
Angie Baby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 September 11, 19:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been following the competition since July but this is my first entry.

It now has 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and a basement.
The cost is 110,417
It's furnished but I've kept the decoration very basic and only staged the living area and kitchen for pictures  because I hate clutter. All the external walls are still there but I did get rid of the fireplaces. The garden is very bare and awaiting the talents of people much better at that sort of thing than me.
More pictures can be found here
http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm159/Angie_Baby_album/105%20Sim%20Lane/
and most of them come with a description.

It was made on my clean account and the random Sim guy in the pictures was my tester and does not come with the house.
I have all the expansions plus FF and GL.

Download link
http://www.4shared.com/file/62628944/5f738db/105_Sim_Lane_-_Angie_Baby.html

Oh sorry but I forgot to change the name of the lot.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 11, 20:30:05 by Angie Baby » Logged
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 September 11, 21:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lana, I downloaded your house through Firefox, but when I tried to install it the clean installer gave me an error message.

Boo. Hiss
I have put the file somewhere else and changed the original link. The quoted link still points to the original upload which I will leave in case it works for some.
If someone gets it to work, please let me know.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2008 September 11, 21:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My effort. 3 bed 5 bath, separate nursery. costs §201k unwanded and needs all eps & sps.

Front of lot

Back of lot

First floor

Second floor

Third floor

Not playtested as yet. I will take individual room pics when I do playtest.

105_Sim_Lane_Emma.zip

NothingToSee
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 September 12, 13:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Boo. Hiss
I have put the file somewhere else and changed the original link. The quoted link still points to the original upload which I will leave in case it works for some.
If someone gets it to work, please let me know.

Thanks Lana. It downloaded OK and the clean installer didn't throw the error message this time.  Grin

I've also fired up the game to check it out. and everything seems to be hunky-dory.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 12, 13:52:32 by Atom_Bunny » Logged
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 September 12, 16:05:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Emma that's amazing. I love the colour scheme, and it looks like a great blend of form and function. And... Could it be? THREE bathrooms on the same floor? You've outdone yourself. It looks like I could easily convert it to accomodate my beloved Spiral Stairs too.

*downloads*
leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 September 12, 16:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to do something different, I decided to go medieval on this one.

It has 3 bedrooms + nursery, 3 bathrooms, garden, pond, and orchard. I also dug out a basement, but didn't use it at all, so there is no entrance to it. I figured it could be used for storage and/or batboxes and such. The lot weighs in at a hefty $198,203 non-wanded. I have EPs up to AL and Teen Style and Glamour Life Stuff. I'm pretty darn sure I didn't use any GLS in this, but I did use TSS for some of the gothic stuff. I haven't playtested it.

I turned it into a Tudor period house and I tried to stick to that theme for the interior and the gardens. Of course the kitchen and bathrooms could benefit the most from cc in this kind of house, but I did the best I could with what I had.

Front

Back

Areal View of the Grounds

First Floor

Second Floor

Kitchen

Dining Room

Master Bedroom

More pictures

Download

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2008 September 12, 21:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Alex. I forgot about the spiral stairs-can you believe it? Cheesy

Leaths, that is really nice. I love the kitchen with the fireplace-very rustic!

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 September 13, 06:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I iz in ur contest, stealin' all ur houzes.   Grin

Seriously, I'm thinking of entering this.  My personal sim building specalty seems to be making the most of tiny, cramped spaces, though, so this isn't really the kind of house that I'm all that good at.  I always seem to end up with horrible boring boxes, too, so being forced to build in and around the existitng shape will help me avoid that.

I absolutely love many of you ppl's renovations, especally the look of leaths's which just blow's me away (well, the pics look awesome anyway; havn't loaded it up in my game).  I'm already using Faizah's in game (moved Armand DeBateau and his daughter into it from their craptasticly unplayable appartment) and I love it!  (Armand is marrying Samantha Cordial and they'll probably have a set of twins (I changed his LTW to Grad 3 kids from college), so the rather large house will be put to good use.   Wink

By the way, Faizah, I love the way you set up the kitchen/dining area in your house.  It works awesome and it's certainly something I hadn't seen before.  I also love the stairwell with the spiral staircases.  And it's all so bright and cheery!

Most of the houses in this thread will be put to good use in my game, since I am currently planning a new neighbourhood based on Victorian-esque ideas of family honour.  This style of house will fit in perfectly.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2008 September 13, 10:52:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gastfyr, I do recommend entering, it's a great way to stretch your building muscles. Prior to this, all my houses were a series of 4x4 boxes within larger, and suspiciously box-like, shapes. One house was craaazy, I used 4x5 boxes. Gasp!

Most of the things I've done in these houses (that kitchen/dining, for example) I had never done before. I never actually intended to share my July entry, it was just something I banged out at the end of the month because I was bored. If it comes down to it, you can muck about in there and keep it to yourself, as a kind of practice run.

I'm basically just throwing stuff together to see what works. (Personally I prefer my first pinkish-purple house entry to my second block of flats, but, I just wanted to see if I could build from the same house in two different ways.) It's fun, and I'm learning. Win/win!

MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 September 13, 11:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i hate eaxis when do this things

hell, my house was shiny, but they have failed again  Angry
Angie Baby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 September 13, 12:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i hate eaxis when do this things
img-snip-/img
hell, my house was shiny, but they have failed again  Angry

That sucks. How about using moveObjects and snapToGrid and just placing the windows without walls? Would that work?
leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 September 13, 14:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Emma--Thanks. This was one house that I really wished I could use some cc in to make the kitchen even more rustic. The refrigerator and stove kind of messed up the look for me, but meh. I really love your makeover. It makes me wish I wasn't so strict about the look of the houses I put in my hood because that style just wouldn't fit. I'd love to stick a family in there, though.

@Gastfyr--I'm glad you like it. Unfortunately, I can't plop it into my own hood, but I'm glad someone will be able to use it. You should definitely try the challenge. It's really good for forcing you to choose different building and decorating styles than you'd usually use.

and @Jim because I meant to comment before and I forgot--I love what you did with the house. Those AL windows look gorgeous and the arctic bedroom is a great idea. I already snagged it.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2008 September 13, 14:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Angie Baby
usually the windows with snap turned off works bad or didn't work, also the idiotsims probably will be blocked so they will fail too...

anyway I've made it Smiley

Welcome Smiley

Kitchen

the file is here...
mmmm... i fail too.. i didn't have cleaner so the file is originally extracted by the game, and i'm not sure about which expansion i've used  Grin
i suppose UNI SSN AL maybe IKEA

the file (M3D105SimLane.Sims2Pack.7z) is here
« Last Edit: 2008 September 13, 15:10:31 by MaximilianPS » Logged
Angie Baby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 September 13, 16:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like how you left the fireplaces in and kept the basic shape.*Downloads*.

In fact with the danger of gushing I'm downloading and loving all the houses here.
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 September 14, 02:03:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My 2nd house for this month (not counting the 'hidden' lot).

Apparently I forgot to take photos of the front of the house.  I didn't change the outside at all, so there is really no point in taking front-end photos.

Top Floor:

2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, study room.  I did some creative move-object staircase work to get the walls on the 2nd floor to work.

The study nook. 

Ground Floor.  Kitchen, Dining, Bathroom, Livingroom, Study.  Decorative fountains.

Living room.  Not sure of the fire hazard - I've never really used fireplaces before. 

Close-up shot of the decorations.  I'm loving the white-on-dark waterfeatures.

Study Room with TOD

Kitchen

Dining room and side-shot of kitchen.  I'm aware there are issues with the long tables.  If this occurs, remove the middle chairs.

Download link
105 Sim Lane 2brm.rar

This is more my style than the last one I posted.  I still have one more to go - it's an apartment but it's not looking how I would like.   I'll post it once I take pics.

All ep's no sp's.

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: