More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:16:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Deleting downloaded lots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deleting downloaded lots  (Read 3245 times)
Zilla
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Deleting downloaded lots
« on: 2008 September 05, 01:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do I get rid of downloaded houses I no longer want from the house bin?  This is not an attempt to wipe out unwanted sims out or move sims from one hood to another. There isn't any sims in my hood right now, but I suspect that there are problems to a few of the houses I downloaded.  Do I delete from the Lot Catalog or the Lots folder for my hood? Both?

I don't think this little piece of info is important, but I do use empty templates.  I really don't feel like going through that process again if I don't have to. If it ends up that I have to, then I will.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
Re: Deleting downloaded lots
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 05, 09:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um - you just delete them from the bin - as long as they are unoccupied.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Zilla
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 05, 11:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that delete files entirely or does it just remove them from the bin?  If it only removes them from the bin that isn't going to help much.  I've been having graphics card issues all summer and those files are a prime suspect.  I don't have screen shots, but I'm getting weird streaks going through my hood and when I do have sims loaded, it sounds like they have a stuttering problem. It's not just one household that stutters, all of them do it.  I didn't have these problems before, so it must be bad downloads.

I have up to BV, so I have the BV version of Directors Cut as well as the updated version of Insim. Everything works fine outside of my game. Cd's, DVD's, Photoshop, Windows Media Player, the internet, ect.
lechapeau
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 05, 11:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the lots you want to delete are in your Lots & Houses Bin they'll need deleting from the LotCatalog folder, if they've been placed in your neighborhood then you'll need to delete them from the Lots folder for that specific neighborhood. If they're in both places then delete them from both folders!
You can set Clean Installer to scan those folders and use that to delete them if you didn't already know that, it depends why you wanted to get rid of them from the folders instead of in-game, presuming you already knew you could do it in-game!
Maybe they're corrupt and crash when you click on them, maybe it takes you so long to load the game that you felt this way will be easier, whatever, you were on the right lines and know which folders you need to look in. 

The empty templates shouldn't affect your lots one way or another and you shouldn't need to worry about those.  Smiley

It will remove the lot, if the lot contained anything else like CC or hacks then they're still in your downloads folder. Clean Installer should help you identify those things as well. As in, maybe you'll see things you know came with the lot and that you didn't get for yourself. Or you can set Clean Installer to group things by date and that may help you find them more easily.

My TS2 custom neighborhoods:
Updated Beacon Falls + OfB & BV subhoods: http://beacon-falls.blogspot.com/
Brand new version of Maple Valley + a subhood & add-ons: http://maplevalley2.blogspot.com/
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 06, 00:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you delete from the lot bin, the file is removed from LotCatalog.  At least it is for me.  I always thought it was better to do it in game as the game makes the right adjustments for the removed lot.  I agree, though, about using Clean Installer to browse the LotCatalogue folder to delete corrupted lots.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: