More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 09:17:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Modify a Custom Eye Package to make a Default Replacement?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Modify a Custom Eye Package to make a Default Replacement?  (Read 4276 times)
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
Modify a Custom Eye Package to make a Default Replacement?
« on: 2008 September 02, 20:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a very inexperienced modder, previously limited to "stick the .package in the download folder and hope it works!", but I've decided that with a new install and AL, there's no excuse not to have my game running exactly how I like it, and this includes getting rid of the default eyes. Don't like them, never use them, yada yada.

I have a set of eye .package files I love (here, for the interested). But I'm drawing a blank on how to turn them into default replacements. It can be done, right?

I found this thread on MTS2, but it wants me to use a template, and since the tutorial applies to skin and not eyes, I'm a bit out of luck there. Some other tutorials assume I've got the basic image file to create a whole new package with, and not an existing package.

Is there a property I can modify in these package files to turn them into default replacements? Or do I need to figure out how to get the image out of the package and use it to create a new one?

Thanks very much for your help. Smiley
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
Re: Modify a Custom Eye Package to make a Default Replacement?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 02, 21:44:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you looked at all the default replacement eyes that have already been made? Enayla's eyes are popular- someone may have already done what you're attempting.

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 02, 21:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I followed this tutorial to make my own default replacements. Easy as pie, even with limited SimPE experience: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8005.0.html.

I sing along with elevator music.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 02, 22:25:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've looked but I can't seem to find any default replacement eyes at all! That's what made me think it was perhaps not possible. I can't imagine what I'm doing wrong in that regard but I've sadly been defective before. I found a grand total of one set (not enayla's)... a search for "default eye" didn't even turn up the eyes linked to in that tutorial!

Thanks for the tutorial... I'm reading through it now, but I'm annoyed at my complete and utter fail at searching so I'm trying one more time to find an already-made set of defaults from enayla's eyes.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 02, 22:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Literally three seconds in Google, and I found your eyes: http://www.dewshine.efsims2.com/page9.html

Nevermind, those are just made genetic, not default. Tongue

ETA: HERE they are. You're welcome.

dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 02, 22:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Believe it or not I did check google. And I just found a set, myself, through much hoop-jumping on NTS2.

I feel extremely stupid now. Feel free to poke me with sticks.

Thank you again for the link to the tutorial, though. I've saved it for future reference in case I decide to change things around again. Sorry!

(Edited to add: Default replacements from Enayla's eyes available here, in case someone's browsing through looking for the same thing I was. Oops... simultaneous editing!)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: