More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:32:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Urgh; AL townies breeding like rats!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Urgh; AL townies breeding like rats!  (Read 44090 times)
nil
Blathering Buffoon

nil is just an orphan and doesn't own anything.

View Profile
Re: Urgh; AL townies breeding like rats!
« Reply #75 on: 2008 September 06, 17:44:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

back-up at different points  may be a way to go shortly.

but, making sims-trap lots to pitfall the extra sims for Holloween flavour Cheesy  can be a way to go...  the guns, the bombs, the knifes, etc... or simply lure the "innocent" extra sims into a swim-pool without ladder... let them "quit" automatically... or with mods to remove them fast.... Cheesy

Stop staring at me, stop following me, stop stalking me, stop spying on me, stop petting me, stop touching me, stop pressuring on me, STOP!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008 September 06, 21:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd still have those character files in your game, though. Best way is to Deleted 2 all you can, or those long dead.

Coggeshall Village has 153 files right now. I'm not particularly happy about those extra files, but most of the bloat are those damn college professors, multiple waiters spawned by a lot I'd downloaded and not realized had too many spawners, extra chefs and clerks for the same reason, and those 30 extra AL townies I got before notownieregen was fixed. They annoy me, but I guess it's okay...the 'hood is semi-urban. My secondary 'hood, Onoway, has 21 character files. 21. Yay.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008 September 07, 02:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is spawning a new townie everytime I load it and I haven't even played with the sims yet, just building. Silly EAxis.  Roll Eyes

It's time for me to stop being lazy and download updated hacks and put them back in my game.
Architect Manic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008 September 11, 17:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad to hear that this problem has been successfully resolved. I can finally get back to playing my favorite neighborhoods. Thanks everyone. n_n
Frally
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 September 12, 10:44:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please forgive my stupidity, but I am still not 100% sure about how notownieregen should be working from now on. I don't want any townies in my game at all, but even with a clean template, the game is generating new random AL townies. Is there any way to stop them breeding completely? I have about 65 character files, with 1 CAS playable - seems pretty high since someone else said they only have 21. I'd uninstall this piece of crap expansion, but I just want the ceilings, dammit.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 September 12, 15:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's exactly what notownieregen does...exactly what it's named. No townies generated by the game, with extremely few exceptions. AL townies will generate, but just enough to fill any NPC apartments you are playing. If you aren't playing an apartment, you won't get any of those.

You also want antiredundancy. That will drastically cut down on service NPC bloat, giving you one of each type, again with few exceptions. If you have a restaurant with two chef stations or sinks (waiter spawns) you will get an extra NPC to man the spawn point. Also, if you are playing with Uni, you want nodormieregen. Why oh why they give you approximately 50 dormies is beyond me.

I'm actually up to 25 now, just because two of the marry-ins had new hobby memberships that were given and the maven spawned for them.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 September 14, 17:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coggeshall Village has 153 files right now. I'm not particularly happy about those extra files, but most of the bloat are those damn college professors, multiple waiters spawned by a lot I'd downloaded and not realized had too many spawners, extra chefs and clerks for the same reason, and those 30 extra AL townies I got before notownieregen was fixed. They annoy me, but I guess it's okay...the 'hood is semi-urban. My secondary 'hood, Onoway, has 21 character files. 21. Yay.

I don't know if this would interest you.  I decided that I didn't like the completely empty BV locations and decided to make some local townies of my own.  (perhaps I should say Little Carping was made with the empty templates and all norespawn hacks).  I converted all the extra NPC spawn I had at the time in Little Carping into these locals.  I didn't have quite as many as you but it seemed to me a good way to use the character files.  What I did was various: I started by adding to family (the Jack Thompson family - he's a fortune zombie who lives on his own in a shack and is dirt poor and where it's always winter.  He's useful for this sort of thing though).  Then I simsurgeried, agesim cheated, SimPE'd (changing sex etc., adding skills, etc.) and batboxed (changing names) the sims until I got what I liked before I townie-gunned them to townies - well, BV townies in this case.  I thought it was a way to deal with the extra files without deleting them, Deleted 2-ing them or killing them off.  Little Carping has 244 files but it's a big neighbourhood and most of the NPCs have spawned as needed as I've played it.  Also, I added some students as I got bored with the empty rooms.  Townies do make for moving scenery.  But I feel like I'm in control of the NPCs rather than the other way round so I'm happy enough.  It's the same hood I had when the game came out though I cleaned it up in a major way about 2 years ago.  I think 244 sims (including universal NPCs) is not bad.  Anyway, NPC conversion is always a possibility.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: 2008 September 14, 17:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That wouldn't be a hack -- that would involve modifying/reprogramming core game files, in particular the .exe.  Not something anyone other than EAxis is likely to do (other than removing the suckrom checks, anyway).
It would be way MORE than just reprogramming or modifying core game files. In order to support more sims, you'd have to change the entire system of 16-bit values and rewrite EVERYTHING.

What's currently considered a reasonable limit?  I know it went up substantially several EP's back but I can't remember the specifics.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008 September 15, 02:25:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Pescado said way back sometime that you could go as high as 10,000 without to many issues.  Personally, I'd hate to see a hood that big, but there ya go. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 September 15, 02:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm playing one of my hoods with notownieregen and antiredundancy both loaded for AL.  Windoze Explorer indicates that there have been 94 character files created since Sept 6 (when I first started testing AL with this hood), but only 4 since September 7 (when I realized that notownieregen was not loaded and put it back in).  I'm gonna keep checking back to see, but my extremely cursory researches so far suggest that the hack is working.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2008 September 15, 03:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm at 30 in Onoway, but I know who they all are. 12 generated townies, 5 born playables, mailman, papergirl, business reviewer, 5 hobby mavens, 2 wolves, 3 pets for the adoption pool. Hack cocktail is 100% effective.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008 September 23, 23:47:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, what we'd been talking about...notownieregen. Make sure to get empty templates from Peasantry (or make them yourself, but be careful what you delete).     

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: