More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:44:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Darcyland
| |-+  Lord Darcy Investigates (Moderator: Lord Darcy)
| | |-+  Stuff Pack Objects Fix Collection for Apartment Life (Updated 2009/01/09)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stuff Pack Objects Fix Collection for Apartment Life (Updated 2009/01/09)  (Read 52839 times)
Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Stuff Pack Objects Fix Collection for Apartment Life (Updated 2009/01/09)
« on: 2008 August 31, 07:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This fix is a compilation of various Stuff Pack object fixes that I've released earlier.
ONLY for people who have either Apartment Life or Mansion & Garden Stuff.
Even if you don't have AL, you can use this fix if you have M&G. If you don't have either AL or M&G, continue to use my previous fixes.
It's safe for everyone who has AL or M&G, even though you don't have all of stuff packs released so far. Fixes for SPs you don't have are simply unused.
Compatible with all versions of AL (Unpatched, Patch 1 and 2) and M&G.

In addition to combining previous fixes, newly found bugs were fixed, and missing AL codes were added.

• Teens and Elders can change/plan outfits in H&M clothing booth.
  • Missing AL codes were added for Teen TV, Teen Boombox and IKEA TV.
  • Missing "Compost Contents" function was restored for K&B Trash Compactor.
  • Missing "Tinker" function was restored for K&B Romantic Tub.
  • Pie menus of K&B appliances will display translated texts correctly in all non-English languages.
  • Elders can watch Teen TV while lounging on the sofa.
  • Small dogs and cats can actually chew/scratch Teen Surfer bed and 2 IKEA single beds.
  • IKEA TV displays correct Fun and Environment ratings in buy mode catalog.
  • Fixed the wrong GUID and price of K&B bathtub. Lowered Hygiene and Comfort were restored to the original.
  • Fixed the pie menu text strings of New Year's Party Phone Call in various languages.
    (Norwegian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Thai & Czech)
  • Fixed the furniture sound of 3 Celebration dining chairs.
  • Made IKEA clock fully usable.

Below is the list of fixes which were rolled into this collection. Remove them all to avoid conflict.

SP3 Happy Holiday Stuff

• Throw Party menu fix for UK English players (by jordi)
    (PetsHPPMenuFix.package)
    Only remove HolidayNewYearsPartyPhoneCall_Override.package if you've ever used Jordi's edited version of this file. If not, leave them alone.

SP4 Celebration Stuff

SP5 H&M Fashion Stuff

SP6 Teen Style Stuff

SP7 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff

SP8 IKEA Home Stuff

• IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
    (LdDarcy_SP8IKEAObjectsFix_FT.package, zLdDarcy_SP8IKEAObjectsFix_ClockOnly.package)
  • IKEA TV Screen Fix (LdDarcy_SP8IKEATVScreenFix.package)

Note:

This fix does NOT conflict with my decorative slot mod or Store Deco armoire. If Hack Conflict Detection Utility reports a possible conflict, just ignore it.
Make sure that LdDarcy_SPObjectsFix_Downloads_AL.package is loaded after Store Deco armoire to fix the wrong animation.
You may have to replace K&B bathtub. I missed the wrong GUID bug in the previous version. Fixed in v1.02.

Installation:

This fix comes in three parts.

LdDarcy_SPObjectsFix_Downloads_AL.package

Place in your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads folder.
  (Or in a subfolder of Downloads folder.)

LdDarcy_SPObjectsFix_Bins_AL.package

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Apartment Life\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
  (or the corresponding folder on your system if your game is not installed in C:\Program Files)

If you have M&G, the location will be like this:
  C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins

If you have Best of Business Collection, use BoB folder instead of M&G or AL folder.

zLdDarcy_SPObjectsFix_Overrides_AL.package

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Apartment Life\TSData\Res\Overrides
  (or the corresponding folder on your system if your game is not installed in C:\Program Files)

If you have M&G, the location will be like this:
  C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Overrides

If you have Best of Business Collection, use BoB folder instead of M&G or AL folder.

DO NOT remove z- prefix in the filename. It's there to ensure that the fix is loaded after SP objects, overriding original settings.

Changelog:

v1.0: Initial release.
 v1.01: Small dogs and cats can actually chew/scratch Teen Surfer bed and 2 IKEA single beds. (2008/09/06)
 v1.02: Updated to AL patch 1. (2008/10/04)
 v1.03: Fixed Russian text strings of New Year's Party Phone Call. (2008/11/06)
 v1.04: Fixed furniture sound of 3 Celebration dining chairs. (2008/11/22)
 v1.05: Made IKEA clock fully usable. Fixed New Year's Party Phone Call in all languages. (2009/01/09)

Credits:

dizzy, J.M.Pescado
 jordi for Holiday Party Phone Fix
 wes_h for UniMesh plugins
 Emma and rednotdead for providing "updated" Overrides.package
 AnriRS for providing Russian translations
 marie2sims for testing in Best of Business Collection
 Everyone who contributed to the development of SimPE

* LdDarcy_SPObjectsFix_AL.rar (39.14 KB - downloaded 2842 times.)
« Last Edit: 2010 February 04, 13:45:34 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Stuff Pack Objects Fix Collection for Apartment Life
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 31, 15:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dutifuly mashes the Baaaa button.  Wink

Just to clarify, I'm finding the file HolidayNewYearsPartyPhoneCall_Override.package in every SP and EP's  TSData\Res\Overrides folder.   Do we need to go through and delete every single one? Or just a certain one?
Remember I'm the slow one.   Grin
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 31, 15:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm finding the file HolidayNewYearsPartyPhoneCall_Override.package in every SP and EP's  TSDataResOverrides folder.   Do we need to go through and delete every single one? Or just a certain one?

Only if you've ever used Jordi's edited HolidayNewYearsPartyPhoneCall_Override.package.

HolidayNewYearsPartyPhoneCall_Override.package file is a standard EAxian game file, which is created by every EP/SP to add New Year's Party function on the phone. Jordi made an edited version of this file to fix the redundant pie menu bug in UK English.

If you've never used Jordi's edited version of this file, you should leave them alone. And if you've used Jordi's version, you probably should have backup of the original file.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 31, 15:28:21 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 31, 15:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks!

I've never DL'ed an edited version of that file.  I'm really glad i asked.   

*runs off to restore the couple I did delete from the Recycle Bin*
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 01, 14:57:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have AL and IKEA, but none of the other stuff packs. Will this cause problems in the Buy Mode menu?
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 01, 15:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have AL and IKEA, but none of the other stuff packs. Will this cause problems in the Buy Mode menu?
No. OBJD overrides for objects from SPs which you don't have will be automatically deactivated.

bzrburns
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 01, 15:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will you investigate the case of the missing FFS 1x2 Luau Table. I thought it was a conflict with the CS downloads but that wasn't the case. It is missing from Buy Mode but can be found in the FFS Collection where it can be used to place in the game.

Also has anyone else tested the Curtains? Could not get any of them placed diagonally not even the new Sim Store curtains which were modified to allow diagonal placement.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 01, 16:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will you investigate the case of the missing FFS 1x2 Luau Table. I thought it was a conflict with the CS downloads but that wasn't the case. It is missing from Buy Mode but can be found in the FFS Collection where it can be used to place in the game.
What "1x2 Luau Table?" AFAIR FFS doesn't have any tables.

Also has anyone else tested the Curtains? Could not get any of them placed diagonally not even the new Sim Store curtains which were modified to allow diagonal placement.
Curtains seem to work fine in my game.

bzrburns
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 01, 18:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so wrong sorry about that...it is the Hula Feast Table from Seasons.  Thanks about those curtains I'll try removing all my custom stuff from Bins to see if that corrects the problem.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Stuff Pack Objects Fix Collection for Apartment Life (Updated 2008/09/06)
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 06, 01:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so wrong sorry about that...it is the Hula Feast Table from Seasons.  Thanks about those curtains I'll try removing all my custom stuff from Bins to see if that corrects the problem.
Seasons Hula Feast Table appears fine for me. Are you sure you don't have some other custom table somewhere that eated Hula table?

2008-09-06: Updated to v1.01. Small dogs and cats can actually chew/scratch Teen Surfer bed and 2 IKEA single beds.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 09, 23:51:31 by Lord Darcy » Logged

lauriej
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 October 02, 11:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

does the new patch change anything in this fix?
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 October 02, 12:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

does the new patch change anything in this fix?
Until I install the patch (which I'm not going to touch with a ten-foot barge pole until NoCD comes out), or someone sends me updated Overrides.package file, I wouldn't know for sure.
The only SP object mentioned in the patch is K&B Bathtub, which is already covered in my fix. Nothing about other objects EAxis managed to b0rk in AL, like missing Compost Contents option on K&B trash compactor. I'm just glad EAxis did not muck up further. I'd just leave the fix in.

ETA: Turned out that EAxis managed to b0rk K&B tub again, this time price and hygiene/comfort ratings. Fixed in the new version.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 04, 05:01:42 by Lord Darcy » Logged

lauriej
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 October 02, 18:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks will do
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Stuff Pack Objects Fix Collection for Apartment Life (Updated 2008/10/04)
« Reply #13 on: 2008 October 04, 04:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2008-10-04: Updated to v1.02 to be compatible with AL patch 1, including the price and hygiene/comfort of K&B Romantic Tub that EAxis managed to re-b0rk in AL patch 1.

socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 October 04, 14:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this update viable for those who choose not to patch?

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2008 October 04, 14:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this update viable for those who choose not to patch?
Yes, it's both for p0 and p1. The OBJDs of K&B bathtub were already broken in AL p0, which I failed to address in the previous version.

Yaakovashoshana
Blathering Buffoon

Renaissance Cowgirl

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 October 05, 02:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for fixing the K&B bathtub borked by the EA AL Patch. That was the first thing I noticed after I installed the patch. The first thing I thought was, "Awww, crap . . . what fresh hell is this?" The second thing I thought was, "Lord Darcy! Help!" You're a true gem.

ISTJ - "Trustee". Decisiveness in practical affairs. Guardian of time- honored institutions. Dependable.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 November 01, 22:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it compatible with patch 2?

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 November 02, 09:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's OK to use this fix with the second patch installed. The second patch did not fix all the issues addressed by this mod. You still need this mod to fix those neglected objects. At the very best, the second patch could have made part of this mod to be simply redundant, which does not cause a problem.

Also, why send me a PM when you can ask your questions in the relevant threads? Your 12ness is showing.

kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 November 02, 11:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forgot that I should have posted it here, and I already sent the message.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Stuff Pack Objects Fix Collection for Apartment Life (Updated 2008/11/06)
« Reply #20 on: 2008 November 22, 03:03:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2008-11-06: Updated to v1.03. Fixed Russian text strings of New Year's Party Phone Call.
Compatible with all versions of AL. (Unpatched, Patch 1 and 2)

Mansion and Garden Stuff Update: M&G reverted a lot of SP objects to the b0rked state of unpatched AL. Move the fix to the new location under M&G folder. Moar investigation is going on if something else is reb0rked as well. (And I thought I'm done with it when AL came out... Roll Eyes)

Timoram
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Stuff Pack Objects Fix Collection for Apartment Life (Updated 2008/11/06)
« Reply #21 on: 2008 November 22, 08:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mansion and Garden Stuff Update: M&G reverted a lot of SP objects to the b0rked state of unpatched AL. Move the fix to the new location under M&G folder. Moar investigation is going on if something else is reb0rked as well. (And I thought I'm done with it when AL came out... Roll Eyes)

It means that we have to move all packages that aren't the game from AL Bins, Overrides and Skins to M&G Bins, Overrides and Skins ? Or only LD package in AL Bins, Overrides and Skins to M&G Bins, Overrides and Skins ?
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Stuff Pack Objects Fix Collection for Apartment Life (Updated 2008/11/22)
« Reply #22 on: 2008 November 22, 15:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2008-11-22: Updated to v1.04. Fixed furniture sound of 3 Celebration dining chairs.

Compatible with all versions of AL (Unpatched, Patch 1 and 2) and M&G. Even if you don't have AL, you can use this fix if you have M&G.
Removed redundant UK English text strings to reduce the size.

It means that we have to move all packages that aren't the game from AL Bins, Overrides and Skins to M&G Bins, Overrides and Skins ? Or only LD package in AL Bins, Overrides and Skins to M&G Bins, Overrides and Skins ?
Files like preorder objects will work regardless of the location, but you'd better to move all files to the latest EP. (This pack is more like an EP than a SP.) Depending on the loading order, some files like OBJD overrides or clothing unlockers may not work under the old location.

SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Stuff Pack Objects Fix Collection for Apartment Life (Updated 2008/11/22)
« Reply #23 on: 2008 December 13, 06:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will there be a fix for M&G's rug?
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Stuff Pack Objects Fix Collection for Apartment Life (Updated 2009/01/09)
« Reply #24 on: 2009 January 09, 10:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will there be a fix for M&G's rug?
I'm afraid I don't know how to fix b0rked UV mapping on rug TexInfo mesh. B0rked meshes and textures are CEP's territory, in any case.
Perhaps Havelock can perform his usual magic on it? Grin He has been providing loads of CEP-Extra fixes lately.

ETA: Apparently M&G rug is a total FUBAR. Angry

the M&G Rug is broken beyond repair only EAaxis could fix it.

2009-01-09: Updated to v1.05. Made IKEA clock fully usable. Fixed New Year's Party Phone Call in all languages.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: