More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:32:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Unofficial AL Patch - Assorted Fixes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unofficial AL Patch - Assorted Fixes  (Read 334991 times)
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: Unofficial AL Patch - Assorted Fixes
« Reply #175 on: 2008 September 28, 19:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Double-posting to be sure Aracelis sees this: I inquired of TwoJeffs, and he says Smart Beds does fix the same problem as Pescado's but uses a different method.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2008 September 28, 19:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a bug in game - sims bring home odd "work mates" - adult sim brang a kid boy from work, another sim brang home a ...postman (teen)
Is it for me only?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2008 September 28, 20:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a known reported issue caused by "hobby friends". I will investigate this particular issue further, but it is not AL specific.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
coralleane
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2008 September 28, 20:19:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a bug in game - sims bring home odd "work mates" - adult sim brang a kid boy from work, another sim brang home a ...postman (teen)
Is it for me only?

No; I've had two Sims bringing home the same person each day - in one case, it was a cheerleader from Uni (..who really needs to die anyway, since she insists on cold calling people constantly..) and in the other case, it was one of the Uni mascots.  I really need to start looking into mods dealing with 'home-brung' Sims anyway since my teen Sims only ever seem to bring home vacation Sims, despite the fact that there's still a good handful of normal townie teens and a few playables around. 
Aracelis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2008 September 28, 21:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Double-posting to be sure Aracelis sees this: I inquired of TwoJeffs, and he says Smart Beds does fix the same problem as Pescado's but uses a different method.

Sorry, didn't get what you're saying. Does "Smart Beds" has anything to do with "School bus - bring friend dialog" or alfixes? And if that is so, using a different method means I can use all of them altogether?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2008 September 28, 21:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amber meant 'School bus...', and yes, you can use both fixes together.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: 2008 September 29, 04:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, didn't get what you're saying. Does "Smart Beds" has anything to do with "School bus - bring friend dialog" or alfixes? And if that is so, using a different method means I can use all of them altogether?

Crap, apologies, I've been updating hacks and hunting down conflicts for the past several days and am slightly frazzled.  :p  Yes, I meant School Bus - Bring Friend Dialog.

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2008 September 29, 06:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'm pretty sure that i didn't see any "Walk to school" voice on the menu, but i'll check it again later Wink

You won't see "walk to school" on the menu until after the time the bus would come and leave. It seems like I can use that feature after 9 a.m. on Monday through Friday. Typically I only use it on move in day.

looks like the game think this:
"no bus, no menu" ... anyway, actually my sim is at usinversity, so the problem is "bypassed" Cheesy
What menu are you looking for?  You just have to click on the child/teen when it's time to go to school, and the option "walk to school" should be there.  Always is for my sims regardless of if the bus shows up or not.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2008 October 01, 02:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I remember, they don't get the overachiever want filled until the kid goes to college. That's when the kid gets the memory of being an overachiever.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: 2008 October 01, 03:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I always had a problem with the order the teen achieved those goals. There must be a reason I wait until the teen has an A+ before getting them a job? I don't know, but I do know that I've always had them get the overachiever thing, still as teens, if they max school before career, so...

If they got the A+ after the top level of their career, try quitting their job and getting a new one, and see if they get it on maxing that one.

JediKnight
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2008 October 01, 03:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be an Overachiever, the teen must have an A+ and Level 3 in a Teen career.  I thinks that's it...

May the Force be with you.
geekily
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2008 October 01, 16:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim Wardrobe's Hack Conflict Detector has identified two possible conflicts with this patch:

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Sub - Process
Group ID: 0x7FBE051B
Instance ID: 0x0000201F
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\Global Mods\Simbology Two Jeffs\School bus - bring friend dialog.package
\downloads\Patches & Fixes\MATY\alfixes.package

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: EP13 - Enthusiasm Decay
Group ID: 0x7F84511C
Instance ID: 0x00001008
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\Global Mods\Sims2Workshop\Carrigon_NoEnthusiasmDecayAL.package
\downloads\Patches & Fixes\MATY\alfixes.package

Are these important conflicts?

Thanks for asking about the school bus one and thanks to whoever answered; I was wondering about that one as well when I ran the HCD. I find the enthusiasm decay one interesting because I use nohobbyspam and over the past few days I've noticed some "losing enthusiasm in _______"s slipping through - though not nearly as many as before I installed nohobbyspam. The new things I've put in over the past few days are the updated alfixes, LordDarcy's More Decorative Slots, Squinge's No Auto Relax, Sit on Floor to Watch TV, and Witch More Often, and No Over-watering from MTS2. The hobby spam I'm getting isn't enough to really bother me, but it was just interesting the you mentioned it.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 01, 16:34:18 by geekily » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2008 October 01, 16:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nohobbyspam is not meant to squelch every single hobby message ever, it's just meant to stop them from spamming you. You should make sure the Carrigonian no-enthusiasm-delay loads last if you want its effects, though, since the ALfix version only stops decay on the nonplayable family (since otherwise they would lose all their hobbies because you cannot instruct them to perform them).

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
geekily
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2008 October 01, 16:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the reply, JM! I knew nohobbyspam wasn't *no* decay, which seems more realistic, but for some reason I thought it stopped the pop-ups entirely.
Celestra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2008 October 01, 23:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see EA have a patch out for AL BUT it doesnt fix any of these bugs hardly

They have fixed a load of cosmetic rubbish and ignored the important stuff in the main

1.  Cellphones can now be answered without being eated.               Supposedly Fixed
2.  Receiving NL-mail at an apartment now works, no longer renders mailbox
    unusable and dooming your sim to eventual eviction.                   Supposedly Fixed
3.  Cooking skill is FUBAR'ed by moving into an apartment.                NOT FIXED
4.  Inactive apartment residents no longer slowly drained of hobby enthusiasm.  NOT FIXED
5.  Pianos no longer ADHD due to function arguments being garbage.  Supposedly fixed
6.  Teens able to work on restorable car again.                                 NOT FIXED
7.  Apartment resident kids not in the active family no longer lose grades
    every day and automatically fail school and get taken by the SS.        NOT FIXED
8.  No longer required to greet Gypsy(impossible) or employees<->customers.  NOT FIXED
9.  Should be able to retrieve date rewards dropped outside apartment now.   NOT FIXED
10. Love Potion no longer restocks as Nice Potion instead.                             NOT FIXED
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2008 October 02, 10:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, nothing should break.

Charlee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2008 October 02, 19:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forgive me if this seems a petty little thing, but it's annoying the hell out of me!

Is there anything out there that will give me back the extra colors of the Ergo door and window that AL stole from my Build Mode catalog?  I use those build items a LOT, but usually in white.  Red...  not so much!  Or should I just bite the bullet and recolor them myself?

It\'s all fun & games until the cops show up
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2008 October 02, 19:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reading is fun-damental, as is searching -- there's been a fix for the Ergo stuff in the Peasantry forum since just about when AL came out.  Go forth and look for it thyself.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: 2008 October 02, 20:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reading is fun-damental, as is searching -- there's been a fix for the Ergo stuff in the Peasantry forum since just about when AL came out.  Go forth and look for it thyself.

If I'm not mistaken, Numenor's CEP has been updated and now includes a fix for this as well.

rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2008 October 02, 20:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The AL CEP has been out since the middle to late September.
Leo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2008 October 03, 07:04:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With this fix the dating presents outside an apartment are pickable, but the genie lamp from that gypsy woman is not.
Is there a chance that this will be included in future updates?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: 2008 October 03, 10:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is why you should ensure all household sims are on-lot and idle before patching.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2008 October 03, 11:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've spotted a possible clash.  It concerns loading a lot for the first time after applying the official patch, if one of the household was out at work when the lot was last saved.  With the unofficial patch in my Downloads folder I received a "Nathan has missed work today" message, even though he was already at work.  In addition, he remained permanently at work and never came home again.
This isn't a patch "clash", this is just the normal behavior of the game when resetting offlot. Sergeant Box has a "Fix Afterpatch" which will prevent missed work/school.

Charlee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2008 October 03, 13:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forgive me if this seems a petty little thing, but it's annoying the hell out of me!

Is there anything out there that will give me back the extra colors of the Ergo door and window that AL stole from my Build Mode catalog?  I use those build items a LOT, but usually in white.  Red...  not so much!  Or should I just bite the bullet and recolor them myself?

My bad, it did turn out to be a CEP issue.  I found and installed the updated version, and now my colors are back.

Pardon my blondeness.

It\'s all fun & games until the cops show up
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2008 October 03, 14:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My bad, it did turn out to be a CEP issue.  I found and installed the updated version, and now my colors are back.

Pardon my blondeness.

I'm all for giving credit (and blame) where due.  It isn't a CEP issue.  It was a CEP (thanks prior to FatD) fix of an EAxis issue.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: