More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:24:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Unofficial AL Patch - Assorted Fixes
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unofficial AL Patch - Assorted Fixes  (Read 334976 times)
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Unofficial AL Patch - Assorted Fixes
« Reply #150 on: 2008 September 25, 18:33:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would settle for a fixed downtown, because while downtown looks glitchy with the AL building, I think Belladonna wouldn't look half bad with the NL one.

I think it would be much easier to replace the Belladonna ones, seeing as they are simpler to line up than the rounded apartment buildings. And because NL came first, and AL needs to be punished for being stupid.

Ideally, the Belladonna Cove template needs to be updated.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 25, 19:11:28 by Alex » Logged
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2008 September 25, 19:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Awesome Game does not have these issues due to an Undiscovered Shiny that Fat Gwilly People haven't asked for yet.

Undiscovered Shiny?  Care to elaborate?
Then it would be DISCOVERED.

Fair enough.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2008 September 25, 20:32:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*witch stands in front of mirror and says, "Gwilly, Gwilly, Gwilly".

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2008 September 25, 22:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've a family with 2 child and one robot...
after the parents dead, i've transfered the child and 'bot on an apartment... surprise !
no school-bus come the get her...
so i've invited the school director, by supposing that the high school will send a bus to take the child, but none of the supposed things happen  Shocked

actually i'm waitig fo the child birthday, hopping that once they where teen the situation will be unlocked ... but i've not so much faith  Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2008 September 26, 01:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not going to fix the bus issue. In *MY* day, we had to WALK to school, 10 miles, through the snow, uphill and against the wind both ways, while the Japanese would try to bomb us, AND WE LIKED IT! It doesn't prevent your kids from going to school, and the bus is simply completely superfluous.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: 2008 September 26, 01:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed a problem with Sims in apartment complexes staying outside in all weather to the point of getting frostbite/sunstroke, peeing on themselves, getting stinky, etc. when I play as another family.
This happens because they are unable to figure out how to return home until their motives have dropped to near-death levels, so they wander around, pass out, and pee on themselves. Particularly if your common area is underequipped as a residence, because you expected people to return home.

The Awesome Game does not have these issues due to an Undiscovered Shiny that Fat Gwilly People haven't asked for yet.

Dagnabbit, Pes, either find another requestor or stop sadistically mentioning these Shinies we can't have.  :p

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2008 September 26, 04:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I...  don't know what that means.  I mean, I understand the individual words, but the sentence is baffling me.   Huh

I'm just going to smile and look pretty.   Cheesy

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
toad
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2008 September 26, 05:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Awesome Game = Pescado's game
Undiscovered Shiny = Unreleased hack
Fat Gwilly People = Gwill, a member of MATY.

Lurking helps your understanding Wink
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2008 September 26, 07:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not going to fix the bus issue. In *MY* day, we had to WALK to school, 10 miles, through the snow, uphill and against the wind both ways, while the Japanese would try to bomb us, AND WE LIKED IT! It doesn't prevent your kids from going to school, and the bus is simply completely superfluous.

i'm pretty sure that i didn't see any "Walk to school" voice on the menu, but i'll check it again later Wink
coralleane
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2008 September 26, 08:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the RTFM of the latest version (though apparently not in this post at time of writing..) :

8. No longer required to greet Gypsy(impossible) or employees<->customers.

..does this include members of the manager's household as 'employees'?  And will customers still insist on greeting each other? 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2008 September 26, 11:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

..does this include members of the manager's household as 'employees'?
Yes.

And will customers still insist on greeting each other?
Yes, but nopedostalkers should reduce this behavior greatly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2008 September 26, 14:54:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'm pretty sure that i didn't see any "Walk to school" voice on the menu, but i'll check it again later Wink

You won't see "walk to school" on the menu until after the time the bus would come and leave. It seems like I can use that feature after 9 a.m. on Monday through Friday. Typically I only use it on move in day.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2008 September 26, 15:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You won't see "walk to school" on the menu until after the time the bus would come and leave.

Has "walk to school" always been a game option, or was that added with BV?  To be honest, I never noticed "walk to work" and "walk to school" until this very week, and since I hadn't noticed them before, I assumed they were relatively new.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2008 September 26, 15:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Walk to comm lot was added in BV; walk to work/school was added in AL.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Paradoxe
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2008 September 26, 17:20:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems that the helpful link (thanks to CTnutmegger) for getting the octogonal building again doesn't conflict or replace the AL one. It worked successfully in my game. However, I wonder if such technique could be applied to the former billboards as well ?

I don't mind about billboards with graffitti on it, but I wish  I had at least the choice as any Buy mode object to select the texture or the color.
When you build an entire urban ghetto like neighborhood, it's ok.. but when you want to build a rather rich, industrial neighborhood, that doesn't match so much.

I didn't see any fix about that yet, but this detail is of importance for me. I don't appreciate that Eaxians morons change things without even asking if that please us. Angry
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2008 September 27, 08:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You won't see "walk to school" on the menu until after the time the bus would come and leave. It seems like I can use that feature after 9 a.m. on Monday through Friday. Typically I only use it on move in day.

looks like the game think this:
"no bus, no menu" ... anyway, actually my sim is at usinversity, so the problem is "bypassed" Cheesy
Aracelis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2008 September 27, 17:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim Wardrobe's Hack Conflict Detector has identified two possible conflicts with this patch:

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Sub - Process
Group ID: 0x7FBE051B
Instance ID: 0x0000201F
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\Global Mods\Simbology Two Jeffs\School bus - bring friend dialog.package
\downloads\Patches & Fixes\MATY\alfixes.package

Procedure Name: EP13 - Enthusiasm Decay
Group ID: 0x7F84511C
Instance ID: 0x00001008
\downloads\Global Mods\Sims2Workshop\Carrigon_NoEnthusiasmDecayAL.package

Are these important conflicts?
CTNutmegger
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2008 September 27, 22:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems that the helpful link (thanks to CTnutmegger) for getting the octogonal building again doesn't conflict or replace the AL one. It worked successfully in my game. However, I wonder if such technique could be applied to the former billboards as well ?

Yes, it can, there are 4 of them that were overwritten by AL, you can find them in my Mediafire folder http://www.mediafire.com/ctnumegger They are in new packages, so they won't overwrite anything and can be found in the catalog under Landmarks with the new ones.

Don't get your knickers in a knot, it solves nothing and makes you walk funny.
jriggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2008 September 27, 23:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I downloaded some hoods yesterday that were created before AL and there are hundreds of the new "ponds" everywhere overlapping each other.  I assume that it is overwriting some kind of plant material from before.  I cant tell in the preview pics of the hoods what is supposed to be where the ponds are but it looks like maybe a light clumping bush of some sort.  Anyone notice this?
CTNutmegger
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2008 September 27, 23:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new pond is categorized as neighborhood foliage, so when you add a new hood, if it had trees on it when it was created in SC4, you run the chance of getting both ponds and trees covering it. I haven't checked to see if it overwrote anything or not, it might just be a dumbass mistake in cataloging.

Don't get your knickers in a knot, it solves nothing and makes you walk funny.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2008 September 28, 01:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim Wardrobe's Hack Conflict Detector has identified two possible conflicts with this patch:

<blahblahblah>

Are these important conflicts?
I don't know. And I don't care. You decide whether you consider a redfix more important than things which look like, at best, blue or green. See your friendly neighborhood Terror Alert for more information.

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: 2008 September 28, 01:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Procedure Name: Sub - Process
Group ID: 0x7FBE051B
Instance ID: 0x0000201F
\downloads\Global Mods\Simbology Two Jeffs\School bus - bring friend dialog.package

I don't know. And I don't care. You decide whether you consider a redfix more important than things which look like, at best, blue or green. See your friendly neighborhood Terror Alert for more information.

* AmberDiceless kicks the Fat Obstreprous Jerk.

Aracelis, for that first one, it's been discussed at TwoJeffs' site and the answer is that they work together fine as long as you make sure the school bus hack loads last (which it should with the way the two hacks are named, unless you have them weirdly subfoldered by something other than creator name.)

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2008 September 28, 02:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although unless the fixes are integrated into the Jeffistani hack, the bug will return and all your apartment kids fail again.

Aracelis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2008 September 28, 05:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AmberDiceless, thank you for your answer. Except from the nasty part, I didn't understand a word of Pescado's reply. I guess I'll have to change the folders, because as you can see at the report, Two Jeffs' hack comes first.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: 2008 September 28, 05:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AmberDiceless, thank you for your answer. Except from the nasty part, I didn't understand a word of Pescado's reply. I guess I'll have to change the folders, because as you can see at the report, Two Jeffs' hack comes first.

Ahh, right, wasn't looking at the file path.  So yeah, switch them around and you'll get at least part of Pes's mod and TJ's working.  (I have a special folder at the very end of my downloads named with a z where I stick stuff that needs to load after other stuff.)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: