More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:34:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Unofficial AL Patch - Assorted Fixes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unofficial AL Patch - Assorted Fixes  (Read 334974 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Unofficial AL Patch - Assorted Fixes
« Reply #75 on: 2008 September 06, 14:55:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have a cell phone replacement mod?  Those have been known to bork the cell phones in recent EPs. 

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
sparkle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008 September 06, 20:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No I don't... looks like I might have to play without mobiles lol
queenbunnywitch
Tasty Tourist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: 2008 September 07, 08:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you install a patch like this, what happens when EA comes out with an official patch? Do you need to remove this one?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008 September 07, 10:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you install a patch like this, what happens when EA comes out with an official patch? Do you need to remove this one?
In the supremely unlikely even that EAxis perfectly fixes everything covered by this patch, it will be moved to the Scrapyard. Otherwise, the criticality may be downgraded but it will still be needed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
moparopie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: 2008 September 07, 21:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I'm mistaken, but wouldn't any official EA patch have SecuRom coded with it?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 September 07, 22:13:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but the SecuROM only installs if you run the game with the official patched .exe -- so we all just wait for the cracked no-cd.exe to come out for the patched version before installing the patch.  In most cases, it usually comes out within a couple of days of patch release.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 September 07, 23:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

any news about the "call for emergency bug" ?
when the house is in fire the command will be replaced by "react to the fire" so i can't call for help Sad
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 September 08, 00:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi there.  I am by no means new to the Sims 2, but in my years of playing it I have never downloaded a single hack.  However, I am considering getting this one, since the bugs it fixes are severely horrible.   Tongue

What other basic hacks should I get?  I don't want to make the game weird or ubber-easy; I just want to be able to play it normally.  After reading this thread, I am terrified to even play anymore due to current bugs.   Undecided  I see there are two other hacks recomended in the first post; guess those would be a good place to start...

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
JediKnight
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008 September 08, 01:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What other basic hacks should I get?  I don't want to make the game weird or ubber-easy; I just want to be able to play it normally.

I reccommend these mods:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,1482.0.html
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,5624.0.html
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9722.0.html
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,5957.0.html
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9768.0.html
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8544.0.html

Theses are good for starters.  Take a look around The Armory.  There are boatloads of fixes that do not alter the way things work, unless they were left broken by EA.

May the Force be with you.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 September 08, 01:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are boatloads of fixes that do not alter the way things work, unless they were left broken by EA.
That's exactly the sort of fixes I'm looking for.    Cool  Thanks so much!

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2008 September 08, 07:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you should still try to remove the hacks, all of them, and try to replicate the errors. Just to be sure.
sparkle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008 September 08, 13:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok this is strange  Huh
I put a few hacks in my game yesterday but lost the " call friends " on my sims piechart. So today I took them back out again to try and find out the culprit hack.
Well I got my " call friends " back and also my mobile phone  Shocked of course I'm happy about that , I just don't know why it's suddenly working now *shrug*
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2008 September 08, 14:24:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First I want to thank the creator of this hack to make the sims work better then EAxis ever will do!

The next thing is that I keep getting Errors since i've been installing TS2 AL, wich are very annoying, during the gameplay.
These errors started from the moment I have made a new character, and put it in the appartment.
I can tell that one of the hundred errors is: ''An error occured in object ''Controller Age'' #124 Error: Bad gosub tree number. The stack trace is saved in my doc..-ts2-logs/ObjectError_N004_t9000.txt
Try the 50/50 method (removing half your hacks, seeing if error occurs, adjusting what you have in the game and repeating). Your most likely culprits are any hacks that affect aging. When you find the culprit, check the creator's website for updates.

Ok this is strange  Huh
I put a few hacks in my game yesterday but lost the " call friends " on my sims piechart. So today I took them back out again to try and find out the culprit hack.
Well I got my " call friends " back and also my mobile phone  Shocked of course I'm happy about that , I just don't know why it's suddenly working now *shrug*
Did you only install half of the phone hack?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jeffreyc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008 September 08, 16:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing AL I'm having a problem in the hotels with BV. NPCs show up and stand around. They just stay there, don't allow interation, and the game slows down massivly.  Sad
sparkle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2008 September 08, 16:35:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From previous posts Zazazu you can see that I was having problems getting the patch to work .... stop my mobs from being 'eaten'. But for some reason it just started working properly
Owaiz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2008 September 08, 17:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i am wondering if anyone else is facing slow game after installing apartment life? my game is crashing when my sims try to accept a job from newspaper(havent tried with computer)
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008 September 08, 17:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i am wondering if anyone else is facing slow game after installing apartment life? my game is crashing when my sims try to accept a job from newspaper(havent tried with computer)

Are you shift-clicking the newspaper in debug mode?  I'm asking because this apparently has been broken for some time.

As for slower game play, I've actually read that people are experiencing the opposite.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008 September 08, 17:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shift + clicking newspaper error was in FT too. At least, I had it, Pescado says it works in his game, so I must have tight pants.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Owaiz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008 September 08, 17:25:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you shift-clicking the newspaper in debug mode?  I'm asking because this apparently has been broken for some time.

As for slower game play, I've actually read that people are experiencing the opposite.

no,i am not shift clicking.

ps: what do you mean by people are experiencing opposite? do you mean that people are having their games running faster after this ep?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 September 08, 17:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ps: what do you mean by people are experiencing opposite? do you mean that people are having their games running faster after this ep?

Yes, many of us (including me) are finding the game runs faster.  Have you removed or updated all your outdated hacks?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Owaiz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 September 08, 17:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yup and when i installed the slow game for the first time then what i did was  i deleted all my CC and my entire game and reinstalled from the beginning-sims2 and installed all eps and sps.and then tried playing with no cc at all,game was still slow and still crashing quite often even with no cc at all
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2008 September 08, 18:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then it's possible your system doesn't meet the specs needed for AL (which are higher than previous EPs, actually). At the least, make sure all your drivers are up-to-date, especially video.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Owaiz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 September 08, 18:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh! thats the problem i guess then!
i just uninstalled AL and checked and it was running really fast!
i thought the requirements didnt change with AL...thanks for your help! i will try playing with low settings!
thanks again

btw:my drivers for graphics are upto date

EDIT:
thanks for help,changed graphics setting from max to shitty and disabled the shaders and game ran quite well,but still crashed when accepting job from newspaper but didnt crash when accepting job from computer!!
« Last Edit: 2008 September 08, 19:00:36 by Owaiz » Logged
JediKnight
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 September 09, 02:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Curious.  Of all of the things EA left broken, this function still works for me, when I actually use it.

May the Force be with you.
carpediem
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2008 September 09, 02:29:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hello, first excuse my bad english, but I had something important to report :
Appartements should be rent with all pianos, sofas, etc etc; it's a bug when he come without only a kitchen and a bathroom .
A friend give me the code "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" and use it just when your sim is in front of his new appartement door .Clik on the door and choose " louez meublé " (and dont know what is for english version, sorry ! ) , then use boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false .

But perhaps there is a possibility for you to fix it ?  it would be fine ,and more easy that all this manipulations .I don't try it again , i will test it after .
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: