More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:11:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  EAxis download drive ways still "Custom Content" in NL
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis download drive ways still "Custom Content" in NL  (Read 6609 times)
titanicbrittanic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
EAxis download drive ways still "Custom Content" in NL
« on: 2008 August 30, 14:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got suckered into downloading the driveways from EAxis homepage of evil long ago with that Mustang (which was so quickly changed to the updated version by ??Numenor??). Months later (since I am so rarely given the chance to buy an EP) I found NL unopened at Goodwill for a quarter (dead serious) and when I installed it, the driveways still have CC stars. The driveways and garage doors are not deleteable thankfully and the color options were enabled (as they were not for the download), but those damnedable astricks still piss me off. I've added BV and FT (BV patch only since the FT one won't take to my computer....) and still no change. Any help?

What really makes me mad is that they made this download AFTER they released NL obviously, but there were enough updates in EPs (like the new headlight packages in Pets) that these astricks should have just vanished. (I don't have Pets, so I am not sure what all it fixes) Stupid EAxis hits yet another P-H-A-I-L
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: EAxis download drive ways still "Custom Content" in NL
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 30, 15:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you actually removed the separate driveway download after installing Nightlife?

Dive in!
titanicbrittanic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 30, 16:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if it were JUST that easy... jk  Grin

I just took the Sims2Pack thing out and will load the game and see how it works sometime today. Thanks for the prompt help
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 30, 17:33:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims2Pack? That's the install file, where do you have that? When you first used that, it installed the driveway in your downloads folder, *that* file in Downloads is the one that must go. Good luck finding that though, usually Sims2Pack rename files to a bunch of random characters like fbhsidofi237y3487gbiodnv8t45v9nvm, so...

The thing is, the game treats any objects in Downloads as custom content and so they have the CC asterisk. Having Nightlife installed, you have the driveway that comes with it but you still have the separate one in Downloads overwriting it, and so it still shows it with the Star of Shame.

Dive in!
titanicbrittanic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 30, 20:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting the Sims2Pack didn't do the trick (I went in game and did the ctrl+right click thing that is supposed to refresh icons). I'm guessing it is one of those numerous jibberish files that come from Sim2Packs that I will never be able to identify... oh well. Its astricks for me  Cry
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 30, 21:34:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, this happened to me once with the Holiday crap. I couldn't get rid of the Star of Shame no matter what I did, until I reinstalled.
Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 30, 21:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of the holiday crap was originally available on the Exchange first.  I have quite a bit of it still, actually.  So maybe you had the original downloadables at some point?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 August 30, 22:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's astricks for me  Cry

Asterisks, it's asterisks FFS! Don't you have a spellchecker in your browser?

What's wrong with asterisks anyway? I don't get this annoyance. I'm just pleased when something shows up.  Grin

Asstricks. Hmph.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 August 30, 22:54:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't clean installer help determine what's in the gibberish file names?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 August 30, 22:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Asstricks" reminds me of some dumb drinking games way back in uni...

Tribulatio proxima est
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 August 30, 22:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Asstricks" reminds me of some dumb drinking games way back in uni...

Do go on....

Wouldn't clean installer help determine what's in the gibberish file names?

Clean Installer shows the categories of some things, I can't remember if it does vehicles separately. That might be a way to find the content. If you use Clean Installer to install files, it doesn't change the filenames.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 August 31, 06:48:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer using SimPE to determine the identity of files, because I can look at the texture, text entries, etc, etc.  Full textures are much better to look at than the thumbnail from Clean Installer.  (I just bit the bullet and went through all my old walls and floors the other day...or so I thought.  There are still people uploading wall files with their wall_hexgibberish filenames.   Angry )

Of course, I did have everything narrowed down before that.  I used Delphy's Download Organizer to do mass file moving of various categories.  I think that recognizes more categories of files than Clean Installer.  Though there's a little wonkiness with compressorized stuff, I haven't had huge troubles using the thing after compressorizing everything in my downloads.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: