More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 02:57:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Freetime patch and base game hidden clothing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Freetime patch and base game hidden clothing  (Read 3477 times)
cat
Asinine Airhead

INTJ - "Mastermind"

View Profile
Freetime patch and base game hidden clothing
« on: 2008 August 29, 12:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Up until I installed the second freetime patch, I  unlocked the hidden outfits (career outfits, maid, gardener and so on) by altering the value for flags in the property set files using simPE. However, since the patch, this no longer works for any outfits in the base game. Is there a better way of doing this, preferably without custom asterisks appearing everywhere? Unfortunately, my knowledge of simPE isn't great.
cat
Asinine Airhead

INTJ - "Mastermind"

View Profile
Re: Freetime patch and base game hidden clothing
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 29, 14:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is really weird. I've just uninstalled freetime. Therefore, the basegame outfits I unlocked should be showing (they showed up in CAS before I first installed freetime, and I haven't changed the  files since. However, they're not. Is it possible that a freetime patch replaced the skins file in the base game with a slightly changed version, while trying to destroy the keeping career outfits in the wardrobe function?
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 30, 07:33:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TashaFaun - Do you have all the unlocked stuff available for download anywhere (I saw the AL witches, etc.)? I've been meaning to unlock the hidden outfits for myself, but everytime I start writing down all the names my eyes go blurry and I decide it isn't worth it. Cheers to you for having the fortitude to get through all those outfits!
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 30, 11:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay! I have all the EP's (and SP's... I'm a good little sheep for EA's cash cow) so no problems there. Schweet... this will overcome the whole problem of me losing the will to live everytime I think about tackling this problem on my own. There are a freaking lot of "hidden" outfits but some are so nice!
cat
Asinine Airhead

INTJ - "Mastermind"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 31, 21:18:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interestingly, kitchen and bathroom stuff and IKEA also seem to have the same effect, even if freetime isn't installed. However, all children and teen outfits are still available. Very strange indeed. What on earth have EA done this time?

Also, a related question: is there any way to transfer the contents of a family's wardrobe from one household to another. So far all I've worked out is adding the new family to the old and killing off the unwanted sims. This won't work for transferring wardrobes from normal neighbourhoods to uni households though. Does anyone know a different way?

Edit: I have made two families, one normal, and one uni and given them all the clothes I unlocked from he base game (basically everything other than grim reaper, fried and invisible outfits). To save time, I've given them quite a few other outfits as well and I'm going to add all my families to a copy of them then kill off the extra sims. Would anyone be interested in getting a copy of these two lots? They require every ep including holiday stuff up to bon voyage, although the normal one doesn't require h&m.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 01, 19:05:24 by cat » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: