More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:00:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  PSA: Abandonated Mods Borked by AL
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: PSA: Abandonated Mods Borked by AL  (Read 58413 times)
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
Re: PSA: Abandonated Mods Borked by AL
« Reply #25 on: 2008 August 31, 12:23:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope lotfullofsims is updated soon. I needs it! won't someone please think of the clowncar?!!!? Cheesy

mommytotwo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 August 31, 15:13:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sub-thought: was there ever an updated version of visitors stay longer?  BV broke it, and I kinda miss it.

No it was never updated. Monique's still MIA. I miis that one too.  Cry
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 August 31, 17:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I take back my comment about PregandServoChangeAppearance causing no issues. It's blocking cloth-changing options on closets just like the other non-Servo edition.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 August 31, 22:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am gonna cry...I swear.

Marhis - tipjarpickupmod

is borked with AL.

Just tried it twice...no worky, makes stuck sims. Can we add it to the list and if anyone wishes to take pity on me and fix it or make it better or whatever, I shall worship you forever (or at least until I quit playing this game).

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 September 01, 03:08:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge is sort of back -->  http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=91412
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 September 01, 03:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh goody. Maybe he'll redo the preggo hack. I tried Dizzy's again. I'm not getting errors, but pregnant women have no option to change into regular clothing. Kind of defeats the purpose, you know?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2008 September 01, 04:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, I always had a problem with that hack not allowing me to change a pregnant sim into Everyday clothing using a dresser or armoir. I always had to make her take a shower (or change clothes automagically after making the bed with a 'change automatically after making the bed' hack installed). This is not new problem with AL, AFIAK. That, or I had some sort of hack conflict I wasn't aware of.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2008 September 01, 11:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My more recent stuff all begins ij but I hadn't started doing that to begin with.  However, no those aren't mine anyway Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 September 01, 13:10:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, I always had a problem with that hack not allowing me to change a pregnant sim into Everyday clothing using a dresser or armoir. I always had to make her take a shower (or change clothes automagically after making the bed with a 'change automatically after making the bed' hack installed). This is not new problem with AL, AFIAK. That, or I had some sort of hack conflict I wasn't aware of.
If it's a hack conflict, it's a silent one. I'm back to my normal game as I couldn't take it anymore with all cleared hacks plus about eight six* unsupported ones I'm taking the gamble on. I ran HCDU and nothing is popping up.

In FT, Dizzy's version threw errors for me on sim mouse-over. This is better.

*SEDD_BuyMailbox/Trashcan are bad with AL. The mailbox completely overrides the new apartment one.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 September 01, 15:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Duh. Attention whoring.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Firefly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 September 01, 16:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The following Monique mods from MTS may require an update.

MQ_Browse_N_Buy_Faster100.package: may require possible updates:
    B 0x7F4A60B2 0x1006 Interaction - Browse (No update needed and other versions of this mod should work also.)
MQ_No_Autonomous_Play_Swings_Fun_50.package: may require possible updates:
    B 0x7FF7529C 0x1004 Interaction - Swing
MQ_Serve_Count_Hack.package: may require possible updates:
    B 0x7F8834C8 0x202B Get in Temp 0 - Serve Count

The following Monique mod found here in MATY in peasantry updated for FT will probably require an update based on every expansion pack an update was required.

MQ_Teleport.package: may require possible updates: (Update required for witch functions)
    P 0x7F1F956A 0x0080 name unsupported
    p 0x7F1F956A 0x0080 name unsupported

I do not have AL yet to test these four mods, most interested in feedback on MQ_Teleport.  I am considering updating it for AL.

Update:
MQ_Teleport is updated for Apartment Life and available in Peasantry.
MQ_Serve_Count is updated for Apartment Life and available in Peasantry.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 20, 16:02:51 by Firefly » Logged
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 September 01, 16:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it looks like I'm running 15 assorted Monique hacks - all are to stop annoying autonomous behaviors - including the Swing thing.
Even WITH that swing hack in game I haven't put a swing on a lot (residential or commerical) in at least 3 expansion packs...I so detest that thing.

So far, none of what I'm running from Monique has caused a problem...but again, I've got no swings in game...

dragonarts
Blathering Buffoon

http://dragcave.net/user/dragonarts

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 September 01, 17:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really understand hackdiff, so I can't tell you exactly what the problem is, and I haven't put them back in the game, but I miss some of Smonaff's potions (from MTS2.) I used to use them with Syberspunk's risky woohoo mod.  I had to start taking them out with FT, because of errors, and tried various alternatives, such as ACR, but I wasn't entirely satisfied with those. I'm using Pescado's Director's Cut, so some of these couldn't go back anyway, but I do know they're abandonated, and borked for AL. 
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2008 September 01, 18:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Breaking news!  Squinge is back at InSIM and has mod status and his own section again.  Whether he will be updating his old hacks remains to be seen.  Stay tuned!

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 September 01, 18:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From dizzy readme:
- global-allow-pregnant-outfits: Permits pregnant sims to wear any category outfit. Note that you also need auto-change-normal for the dressers to have properly modified menus.
Maybe that's the reason? I can't test right now.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2008 September 01, 18:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Breaking news!  Squinge is back at InSIM and has mod status and his own section again.  Whether he will be updating his old hacks remains to be seen.  Stay tuned!

Yeah let's hope he doesn't update and the throw another hissy fit and ask all his mods to be removed again. That was lame.

Well, all I can say about that is, if he does update, get 'em while they're hot.  :p

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 September 01, 19:48:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From dizzy readme:
- global-allow-pregnant-outfits: Permits pregnant sims to wear any category outfit. Note that you also need auto-change-normal for the dressers to have properly modified menus.
People whine about Pescado's method for documenting things. I find Dizzy's more so. To get one hack, I have to download all of them, and the descriptions are near impossible to find.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2008 September 01, 19:57:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Absolutely agree.  I can't use any of Dizzy's stuff for that reason.  Never have been able to.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 September 01, 20:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am gonna cry...I swear.

Marhis - tipjarpickupmod

is borked with AL.

Just tried it twice...no worky, makes stuck sims. Can we add it to the list and if anyone wishes to take pity on me and fix it or make it better or whatever, I shall worship you forever (or at least until I quit playing this game).

Seconded. I've really missed having this one.

Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 September 01, 20:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I went to Simbology to get some updated mods, and to check out TJ's dead mods (don't ask why). Now, he too has a Neukem wall speaker fix. I believe his fixes the wall speaker itself, while Menaceman's simply fixes the description; however, the speaker functions correctly with the right music playing. So, it is the speaker fix by Menaceman44.

I felt like I needed to confirm that.

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2008 September 02, 00:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From dizzy readme:
People whine about Pescado's method for documenting things. I find Dizzy's more so. To get one hack, I have to download all of them, and the descriptions are near impossible to find.

He has several hacks I like, but the thing I hate about them is the fact that he gives each version a new file name, so I can't just dump in the hacks and overwrite everything in my Dizzy folder.   Angry

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2008 September 02, 13:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do that too.  If a file has different contents, it should have a different name to indicate what version it is - IMHO.  Also, part of upgrading any software that doesn't come with an auto-installer is to clear out obsolete files.  For example, with something like my prison suite, one of the old files might contain overrides to a semiglobal group which in the interests of compatibility I might have decided to abandon in the next release and do a different way.  That file would not be present in my updated prison set.  If you simply used overwriting of files to update, you would retain the obsolete package and continue to have errors in your game.

So it's better to make the updating a more deliberate process of deleting the old and installing the new from scratch.

ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 September 02, 18:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I release models and game vp files, I usually end the filename with the date.... aka "Mymodel-09-02-08.vp"
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 September 02, 19:49:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, hello people.
I've just come from testing my Neukem Reggae Wall Speaker catalogue text correction and it still functions with AL installed. It does in my game anyway and I've not had any reports to say otherwise at MTS2.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2008 September 03, 01:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do that too.  If a file has different contents, it should have a different name to indicate what version it is - IMHO.  Also, part of upgrading any software that doesn't come with an auto-installer is to clear out obsolete files.  For example, with something like my prison suite, one of the old files might contain overrides to a semiglobal group which in the interests of compatibility I might have decided to abandon in the next release and do a different way.  That file would not be present in my updated prison set.  If you simply used overwriting of files to update, you would retain the obsolete package and continue to have errors in your game.

So it's better to make the updating a more deliberate process of deleting the old and installing the new from scratch.

That's fine for a new expansion; everyone should be emptying out their hacks to start with anyhow.  But when you have fourteen versions of your personal director's cut for Bon Voyage alone and there's no way to update one hack without downloading them all, it gets a bit tiresome.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: