More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:48:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Uninstalled AL and now all of CC is gone!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Uninstalled AL and now all of CC is gone!  (Read 6362 times)
bgrateful
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Uninstalled AL and now all of CC is gone!
« on: 2008 August 29, 14:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I uninstalled and reinstalled AL because my game would get to the neighborhood screen and then I'd get the message "the blah blah has crashed the application will now terminate".  now all of my CC and most of the files in the Sims 2 folder are all gone! I am going to uninstall all of my expansion packs (I have all) and reinstall. In which order should I install them?
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Uninstalled AL and now all of CC is gone!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 29, 14:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happened to me also. I thought I had accidentally erased all my CC. Luckily, I had a backup.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 29, 16:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

II am going to uninstall all of my expansion packs (I have all) and reinstall. In which order should I install them?

I have all EPs (not AL yet) and they were loaded in no particular order.  If you're set on reinstalling from scratch, you may as well install in order, but it shouldn't matter.  I would take out the Downloads folder until the install is complete and then add in the AL director's cut and your other CC after you test and see that it is good.

Tribulatio proxima est
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 29, 16:57:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, uninstalling AL deleted everything in my Sims 2 folder, not just my downloads. It left two files that had foreign characters in them, though. So, a warning to anyone uninstalling AL -- backup your Sims2 directory.
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 29, 17:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But anyone with any sense backs up their sims2 saves directory on EP installation and removal anyway. In fact it's a good idea to have a backup anyway for when a bug causes your game to go BFBVFS.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 29, 17:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, uninstalling AL deleted everything in my Sims 2 folder, not just my downloads. It left two files that had foreign characters in them, though. So, a warning to anyone uninstalling AL -- backup your Sims2 directory.

Last time I uninstalled, which admittedly was years ago, the uninstall program asked me if I wanted to keep my saved games or not. Apparently answering "No" results in the removal of the entire The Sims 2 directory.

In any case backing up the directory is good practice when installing a new expansion pack or stuff pack. As a former network administrator, let me assure you that backups are ALWAYS good no matter how "unimportant" your data is.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 29, 17:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uninstalling an EP has always deleted the downloads folder and saved games from my experience. Base game is the only one that asks if you want to keep your save games, as far as I know.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 29, 17:56:38 by Nec » Logged
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 August 29, 18:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's true, uninstalling an ep will always take the files with it, this is normal, that is part of the reason why so much stress is on making a backup before an install. The last time I lost all my files it was during a botched install, the game got to the "checking to see if your game needs updating" message then errored so it uninstalled itself and took my files with it.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 August 29, 19:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's true, uninstalling an ep will always take the files with it, this is normal.

except Pets. You can un-install Pets and not lose anything, not even your hoods.  Grin
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 August 29, 20:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's true, uninstalling an ep will always take the files with it, this is normal.

except Pets. You can un-install Pets and not lose anything, not even your hoods.  Grin
*snort* Figures that there would be an inconsistency somewhere. I wouldn't have discovered that, it's rare that I've had an issue that I needed a reinstall to fix, I just manually replace the core files if one corrupts. The only time I've uninstalled was that example I gave above and that wasn't even my doing.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 August 29, 22:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the record, I uninstalled AL today because it is way too buggy for my taste still. I replaced the cracked exe with the original prior. Very clean uninstall. I was rather surprised. Didn't leave and AL folder in Program Files/EA Games, did not leave registry entries, nothing. I added my FT hood back, and it has been running smoothly, as if nothing ever happened.

I didn't know that about Pets. You would think I would since I have done so many uninstall/reinstalls. Hm Tongue
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: