More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 13:14:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Game won't load (fixed)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game won't load (fixed)  (Read 2168 times)
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Game won't load (fixed)
« on: 2008 August 29, 04:06:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't get my game to load. I have AL, but this problem started with FT, though I could get FT to load eventually. I don't know if this is a continuation of the FT problem or a new one.  The game stops loading at "Finding compatible roommates" and I get a popup saying "an error has occurred, this application will now terminate ..." I'm attaching the application error log if that's of any help. I'm not good at reading error logs but it looks like it might be an audio error?

What I've tried so far --

1) removing the downloads folder
2) removing my custom neighborhoods and just leaving the game created (unplayed) neighborhoods
3) removing neighborhood_manager.package (the game crashes before it generates a new one)
4) removing all of the cache files
5) removing securom
6) reinstalling AL

I think my problem with FT was in my neighborhoods, because removing the neighborhood manager usually helped the game load. My neighborhood is completely custom, and it hasn't been without glitches.  Is there a way to check the health of your neighborhood in SimPE?

Does anyone have any other suggestions for what I can do to get the game to load? I've run out of ideas but I'm trying to avoid doing the uninstall/reinstall thing.

**UPDATE** I fixed this. I had to uninstall the scriptorium.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 29, 22:10:19 by spambi » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: