More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:37:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  AL gameplay questions and help
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AL gameplay questions and help  (Read 46299 times)
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: AL gameplay questions and help
« Reply #75 on: 2008 September 01, 23:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand where fway is coming from, true, it's not borking the door.  But, once you have officially rented an apt and moved in, all other options ideally should disappear.  I keep fretting that i'll click the wrong button by mistake (especially when i send my sim to visit the neighbors) and completely bork that lot.
   I always run in debug mode, so finally i just took that hack out.  Great idea, just too risky, imo.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008 September 02, 00:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How is that borked exactly? It's doing exactly as advertised.

Well I forgot to post a picture of where, when I click on my neighbor's door, there's no option to knock on, "have x come out" or "introduce to neighbors"

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008 September 02, 00:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I forgot to post a picture of where, when I click on my neighbor's door, there's no option to knock on, "have x come out" or "introduce to neighbors"
   That's not a by-product of just that hack then, for those options show up correctly for me.  Sounds like another hack conflict.  I also thought that pic was of YOUR door, not the neighbors, for there shouldn't be a lock/unlock option on a neighbor's door.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008 September 02, 00:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not a by-product of just that hack then, for those options show up correctly for me.  Sounds like another hack conflict.  I also thought that pic was of YOUR door, not the neighbors, for there shouldn't be a lock/unlock option on a neighbor's door.

Well, I just got a reply from her saying that the pie strings are different for UK and US editions (although I am in the US and have the UK version *cough*) so that probably explains it.

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 September 02, 00:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, i also, huh 'found' a UK version.  But i used the GameHelpFaq at MTS2 to change it to US English.
http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Change_Game_Language

Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 September 02, 01:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, i also, huh 'found' a UK version.  But i used the GameHelpFaq at MTS2 to change it to US English.
http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Change_Game_Language

Baa! I never knew we could change the game version, lulz. This is why I came here. Well you know, this site has always been awesome, to the extreme of course.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 September 02, 01:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I run UK for 24h clock, my Have X Come Out/Introduce options exist just fine. The thing is they don't always appear, they only appear when it is applicable. If the neighbor is not present or you have already met them, they cannot come out and there is no need to introduce.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 September 02, 01:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So...was wondering if anyone has tried to build something on the duality map yet?

Apparently, the camera is borked for it - you can't do anything at all with it. >.>
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008 September 02, 03:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I thought that was some custom terrain I forgot to clean out back when I deleted all terrains but my own. I have no problem with it, but then I'm using GunMod's camera hack. I could see how it would be problematic; the majority of the terrain that would show without a camera hack is in that crevasse.

That terrain is so Jelenedra. Two 5x5 blocks with no access to each other or the outside world. Interesting sculpting but it doesn't make sense. Where do they go to work? How do they get from one side to the next?
« Last Edit: 2008 September 02, 03:32:40 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
tgcgoddess
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 September 02, 07:07:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't that Duality terrain the one used for the "magical world", with the castles for the high witches?  So, you wouldn't need roads to get anywhere, you just fly in on your broom.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2008 September 02, 09:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forgot all about the witches' castles. So how do you get there, then?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Jemina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008 September 02, 09:49:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're a with, just choose "fly to - community lot" and there "magical world". You can visit the evil and the good witch, and the one that's on your side will sell you reagents and potions. The other won't, though Wink
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2008 September 02, 09:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha! I've been too busy taking witch raiding parties to town to notice that. Ta.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008 September 02, 13:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, I was thinking it would be kind of neat to put my own witches homes there - Or do a fueding families thing.

Still think itwas really lame not to let us live in the magical world, and to make it like the hobbies town.
tgcgoddess
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2008 September 02, 18:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'm going to have my "shopping district" be a magical world, and let everyone walk around in witchy outfits.  But yes, would have been way cooler to have a world like in MM.
SassyFrass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2008 September 03, 00:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A strange thing I noticed when making my trailer park last night. I used the floor separators (you know to separate flooring types) and everything inside the trailer beyond the point of the separator acts like it's in the community area. I cannot buy anything and place them on my own sim floors! And yes there is only one apartment door on each unit. I can actually see my sim neighbors kitchen appliances. I didn't use the separator in one of the trailers and that is the only one that acts normal. So I think this is a bug that needs fixing. Maybe I can get a screen up later. Anyone notice this yet?

Female Gamer<br />EQ2 Sariah 50 Warden<br />Sims 2
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008 September 03, 01:41:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a known issue.

Remove the separators.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
somnambulist
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008 September 03, 01:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A strange thing I noticed when making my trailer park last night. I used the floor separators (you know to separate flooring types) and everything inside the trailer beyond the point of the separator acts like it's in the community area. I cannot buy anything and place them on my own sim floors! And yes there is only one apartment door on each unit. I can actually see my sim neighbors kitchen appliances. I didn't use the separator in one of the trailers and that is the only one that acts normal. So I think this is a bug that needs fixing. Maybe I can get a screen up later. Anyone notice this yet?

To follow-up SJActress, it's a known issue.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008 September 03, 02:01:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To follow-up SJActress, it's a known issue.

Not a surprising issue when you think about it.  The game treats the separators as fences, so you would need to put a gate in it for the game to see the area beyond as included in the apartment.

I wonder if it works if one section of the separator is replaced by a wall with a door in it (or fence with gate in it)?  I think I'll try that next time I'm building an apartment.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 September 05, 20:28:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone been able to create a secret room using the bookcase? If so, what did you do?

I've tried putting it on one side of the wall, on both sides, going into Live Mode and back, putting an arch between them - but the bookcase just doesn't seem to want to mutate into a secret passageway. Shift-clicking in debug mode only brings up 'Force Error'. EAxis-placed secret doorways work fine, I just can't seem to create my own.
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 September 05, 20:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Err... You're doing it wrong.

From what I understood you're placing two of the normal bookcases on each side of the wall? (And when I'm saying normal, yes it does look like the secret door one, but not completely) The bookcase that serves as a secret passageway is a special one that appears on both sides of the wall on its own. It doesn't leave any part of the wallpaper visible above it, it has wooden frames all around (for when it rotates). If you're trying to use that in an apartment, I think it's not available there, there's your problem.

Dive in!
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2008 September 05, 20:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha! I haven't entered a residential lot since AL came out, so I didn't realise that they were two different objects and assumed that one mutated into the other. Figures that that solution would be too elegant for EA. Thanks.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 September 05, 21:44:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a dumbshit, I can't find it question -- where in hell is the hallway trash chute in the catalog?  I looked in all the obvious places, and unless I'm overlooking it, I can't find it anywhere.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 September 05, 22:13:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure it's under Misc/Misc, together with the normal trashcans.

Dive in!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2008 September 05, 22:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, didn't see it there, but I'll look again later.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: