More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:01:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  AL gameplay questions and help
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AL gameplay questions and help  (Read 46307 times)
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
Re: AL gameplay questions and help
« Reply #25 on: 2008 August 29, 20:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I did turn it off in my startup cheat file but I'm pretty sure I turned it on again! *sighs* Well I figured it had to be my problem since the bar isn't fully black nor fully white for Evil/ Good Witch. Doesn't the study path of the Light/Darkness remove all their ingredients from their inventory? I heard someone say so. Wouldn't that reset the spells they unlocked too?

So basically as soon as you choose the path of either light or darkness by asking a witch to teach you it you get green or have sparkles? That didn't happen to my witch me either. Undecided

Edit: Ok I just tried to edit one of my posts but it disappeared?! Does anybody know what the perks are for the new skills on the bookcases?
« Last Edit: 2008 August 29, 21:17:28 by virgali » Logged

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
VampLena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 August 29, 21:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe you need to get all the way Light Side or Dark side to unlock the new Skins/Aura ? I thought the was the only who didnt get them right away on my becoming a witch.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 August 29, 22:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't get the sparkles till they are fully evil, or fully good. Studying works, as does casting spells.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 August 29, 22:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure I've seen posts of people claiming they got the sparkles or green skin right away which is confusing. So my guess is that those people have a bug and that you need to fill the bars up to see the effects. Since someone mentioned they had their sim study for what 3 simdays? before her bar was full :-/

Edit: So is SimWitch a witch yet? Wink Do you know what goes faster Witch? Casting spells, studying or a combo of both? Also is this the correct code for shaders? boolprop useshaders false
I guess it has to be set to "true" to be on, yes?
« Last Edit: 2008 August 29, 22:29:43 by virgali » Logged

squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2008 August 29, 23:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering, when do i get the new skin? My daughter become Lightside too and she doesnt have the Light Witch Skin and I dont have the Dark skin. Is it also something that has to be unlocked? Thanks!
Have you tried studying? Mine didn't get the evil skin until she'd studied the spell book for a couple of hours.
Mandapotpie
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 August 29, 23:11:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It depends what builds skill fastest but the PG said that crafting reagents of the opposite alignment builds more skill because it takes longer. Also casting spells can change your alignment if you don't check what they are first. Every time you cast a "neutral" spell they lose a bit of good level or evil level. So you can lose spells that require a certain level of good or evil or the ability to craft objects by casting neutral spells

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow. If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 August 29, 23:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

boolProp useShaders false
Yes, to turn it on would be 'true'

Both of my witches did get the sparkles straight away. The would-be bad witch asked the high bad witch, perhaps that makes a difference? Then she lost her sparkles when I got her to cast random spells, not realising this affected her alignment. She studied to get back up to the top level and regained her sparkles.

Maybe if the wrong alignment is asked, they don't get the sparkles? Dunno.

Though the study bar is separate from the alignment continuum. Might have been dependent on the alignment now I come to think about it. The more she studied the dark path, the more her alignment shifted to full bad.

Sim witch is a neutral witch, no sparkles, no special objects. Sad  However,before she takes another path, all three witches are going mad making reagents. They're off to a community park tomorrow to wreak havoc on the natives. I've tried out barely any of the actual spells. Bwah ha ha ha ha.

titanicbrittanic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2008 August 29, 23:22:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since this is an AL question post, I feel safe asking this: has anyone experienced problems with garages in apartment buildings? EAxis mentioned that you put them in during their chat sessions months ago, but now I hear that it doesn't count as part of the apt and therefore is not usable (aka it is a commomarea... bleh...)

There is supposed to be one flat premade with cars in it, but so far I have not heard if it works or not. As I do not own AL yet, I can't test it  Sad
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 August 29, 23:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Incidentally, I have full control of my roomie. The roomie displays where the pets usually do and I suspect that's why I can control her. I play with debug mode on and turn on pet control in my userstartup.cheat.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 August 29, 23:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure I've seen posts of people claiming they got the sparkles or green skin right away which is confusing. So my guess is that those people have a bug and that you need to fill the bars up to see the effects. Since someone mentioned they had their sim study for what 3 simdays? before her bar was full :-/
I believe it's a bug. My sim (the one I said it took 3 days to get to maximum evilness) had the "reached maximum..." memory right after being turned, as well as the sparkles. My good witch didn't get sparkles until she reached the maximum level (but before maximum talent).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Mandapotpie
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 August 29, 23:42:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Incidentally, I have full control of my roomie. The roomie displays where the pets usually do and I suspect that's why I can control her. I play with debug mode on and turn on pet control in my userstartup.cheat.

Yep you use the same cheats to control roomies that you do pets since they function similarly.

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow. If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 August 29, 23:42:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

boolProp useShaders false
Yes, to turn it on would be 'true'

Both of my witches did get the sparkles straight away. The would-be bad witch asked the high bad witch, perhaps that makes a difference? Then she lost her sparkles when I got her to cast random spells, not realising this affected her alignment. She studied to get back up to the top level and regained her sparkles.

Maybe if the wrong alignment is asked, they don't get the sparkles? Dunno.

Though the study bar is separate from the alignment continuum. Might have been dependent on the alignment now I come to think about it. The more she studied the dark path, the more her alignment shifted to full bad.

Sim witch is a neutral witch, no sparkles, no special objects. Sad  However,before she takes another path, all three witches are going mad making reagents. They're off to a community park tomorrow to wreak havoc on the natives. I've tried out barely any of the actual spells. Bwah ha ha ha ha.
Thank you for the explanation. I fixed my startupfile and will make the witches study like there's no tomorrow! Mwuhahahahaha! I was thinking about invading the community lots too but figured I'd just use the walkbies lol If you greet them and use your spell on them the idiots will actually stay and I keep on making them vomit and have bees attack them. I use all the evil spells I have available on them! You would think they's leave the lot but they actually stay!

About the study being seperate. I remember having these options:
  • Study the path of light
  • Study the path of darknes
  • Something about Neutral?
  • Check magic my abillities
That's from the top of my head and translated from Dutch.

One more question: What happens when witches change allignments? I heard someone mention that the witch lost all the ingredients located in inventory. What I wonder is does her Spellbook and pot change? I accidentily send my Evil with to my Soog witches' spellboook once and the only option was to "check out" or "investigate"... something like that.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 August 29, 23:49:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hur. Check out the 'investigate' on another witch's book and watch closely.  Wink

I thought it was spells that were lost when the alignment changes.

VampLena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 August 30, 00:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think theres gradual effects too! I've been having my girl studying evil Witchcraft all the time and casting evil spells and when i zoom in im starting to notice some kind of discoloration and such. Though I wish someone could mod 2 different Teleporation spells for Good and Evil. Casting the one in the game that is on Neutral keeps screwing up my alignment. Besides, it'd look cooler if Dark Energy enveloped a evil Witch when she Teleports.

Im sooo hoping someone fixes this, I think Good/Evil Seperate Teleportation spells would be awesome!
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 August 30, 01:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since this is an AL question post, I feel safe asking this: has anyone experienced problems with garages in apartment buildings? EAxis mentioned that you put them in during their chat sessions months ago, but now I hear that it doesn't count as part of the apt and therefore is not usable (aka it is a commomarea... bleh...)

There is supposed to be one flat premade with cars in it, but so far I have not heard if it works or not. As I do not own AL yet, I can't test it  Sad

I tried out that set of apartments today (Seaspray, I think it's called  Roll Eyes). I placed a car inside the garage with no troubles, but the driveway leading up to the garage was not considered within the apartment's boundaries. The car within the garage worked just fine, though I only tested going to work.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 August 30, 01:19:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hur. Check out the 'investigate' on another witch's book and watch closely.  Wink

I thought it was spells that were lost when the alignment changes.
Ok will do ^^

With shaders on this is what I discovered:
  • The Evil Witch got a green skin after studying the path of darkness for a while, she wasn't fully alligned yet
  • The Evil Witch started to sparkle green stuff (they look too much like stinky clouds! Angry) once she maxed her allignment
  • The Good Witch started to sparkle when she maxed her allignment (I didn't notice any difference in her looks when she was mastering her allignment she did get new spells and the abillity to make new objects)
  • Studying the paths makes you master that allignment a lot faster than just using spells of that allignment

*Spoilers Below*
[spoiler]
  • The Evil Witch can use a spell to make her petcat attack a sim of choice if the cat is summoned at the time. The cat then turns into some sort of ghost withc and fights the sim lol So far my cat has always one and it goes back to catform a few simminutes after the fight. ^^
  • The Good Witch also has a spell to summon that servant ghost. When I clicked on it I saw an option "Give Spirit/Ghost" but didn't try it out. The Good Witch Servent played the piano for a while then disappeard lol[/spoiler]

It would be nice if someone could create a hack for ingredients. As in you make one and that one charges the ammount you need for each spell. Making them is timeconsuming and annoying. I hate it when I'm in a townie bullying party and have to stop because one of my ingredients just finished.

titanicbrittanic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2008 August 30, 01:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried out that set of apartments today (Seaspray, I think it's called  Roll Eyes). I placed a car inside the garage with no troubles, but the driveway leading up to the garage was not considered within the apartment's boundaries. The car within the garage worked just fine, though I only tested going to work.

Ha. I find it funny that they call it Seaspray when you can't make beach apartment lots, though they mention that as working as well in the chat. Thanks for the info; I hope that my custom ones work. I made a load based on the buildings in Lynchburg and Roanoke VA, most of which are based on warehouses (hence the easy insertion of garages  Wink ) and I soooo want them to work.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 August 30, 06:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't sure where exactly to post this, but this seems as good a place as any. I was creating a apartment lot (you can has) and tested different things to see what could affect price:

1. An unit in this building, unhacked and furnished, cost $2,226. They are small 2 bed, 2 bath units with two separate porches each. The common areas include a vending machine and a playground for the kiddies.
2. Magic wand applied, furnished units cost $1,644.
3. Magic wand applied, all furnishings but closet, bath items, and kitchen counters/appliances removed...still $1,644.
4. Magic wand applied, completely unfurnished excepting the closet, price went down to $1,296.

So we can conclude that all furnishings except kitchen and bath items (those that stick on move-in) do not count towards rent price. So decorate those apartments for your NPCs to the hilt if you want, if a playable rents it later they won't pay for it.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 30, 06:44:08 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
VampLena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 August 30, 08:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

how exactly do you teach other sims magic? I finally got my witch to full Evil with max skill and my daughter to full good with max skill and for some reason neither of us have the option to teach magic to my other daughter.  Can player Witches not teach magic? is it only taught by friending a npc??
lurkmoar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 August 30, 08:56:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be nice if someone could create a hack for ingredients. As in you make one and that one charges the ammount you need for each spell. Making them is timeconsuming and annoying. I hate it when I'm in a townie bullying party and have to stop because one of my ingredients just finished.

You may want to try this: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=299368
It's called "No Reagents Needed for Spells".
« Last Edit: 2008 August 30, 09:12:34 by lurkmoar » Logged
dream_operator
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 August 30, 21:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm one of the people that posted that both of my sim witches were maxed out good and evil the moment they were turned.  Not only did they have the special skins and the sparkles, but when I looked in their spellbook the bar was filled up all the way black for the evil one and all the way white for the good one.  Now you all have me wondering if it might be a bug.  At first I thought that was just how it was supposed to work.  I'll have to try it out some more on a few different sims later and see if I get any different results. 

As for turning another sim into a witch with a playable witch, I do believe that it is the Magical Transformation spell.  I haven't used it myself yet though to see if that is indeed the one.

Dream

There is no meaning in our world for us who live there. No meaning at all. -Ulquiorra
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 August 31, 03:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This question is mainly for Inge, however if anybody else is willing to answer I would more than appreciate it.

I was reading the "new fields" thread by Inge, I was wondering if "Ignore Apt Restriction Grab" referred to objects like the sinks/counters/etc; What does it actually mean is what i am asking. I know it ignores something within the apartment. *shrug*

Or is there something else that would keep objects like the tubs, counters, etc. when a sim moves out or moves in? I would absolutely love to know this because I want to enable the ductwork/plumbing/medicine cabinets when a sim moves into an apartment.

ETA: I felt that making a new thread would be dumb, so I decided to ask here.

« Last Edit: 2008 December 03, 05:42:28 by fway » Logged

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2008 August 31, 03:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And here is a no sparklies hack for those with lag issues.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=299567

SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 August 31, 03:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or is there something else that would keep objects like the tubs, counters, etc. when a sim moves out or moves in? I would absolutely love to know this because I want to enable the ductwork/plumbing/medicine cabinets when a sim moves into an apartment.

Tubs and counters should stay automagically.

As for ductwork/plumbing, etc., someone said that you can use boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, shift-click the apartment door, and Rent Furnished.  I don't know if it works or not; you'll have to test it yourself.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 August 31, 03:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tubs and counters should stay automagically.

As for ductwork/plumbing, etc., someone said that you can use boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, shift-click the apartment door, and "Rent Furnished".  I don't know if it works or not; you'll have to test it yourself.

I realize that I could use boolprop, however, I don't want to use it all of the time to rent apartments and lose the duct work plumbing and all that good stuff. I just want to change the BHAVs for those objects and not have to worry about that stuff disappearing.

Speaking of renting a furnished apartment Carrigon has enabled the Rent Furnished Apartment option along with a couple of more options.

http://www.sims2workshop.com/viewtopic.php?t=2900
« Last Edit: 2008 December 03, 05:43:13 by fway » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: