More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 03:46:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  AL gameplay questions and help
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AL gameplay questions and help  (Read 46581 times)
VampLena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
AL gameplay questions and help
« on: 2008 August 29, 00:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey all, I just got AL today mostly because i was looking forward to (finally!) getting Makin'Magic esqe-ness for Sims 2 but for some reason i dont see any witches or know whos one anywhere.  How can I find them? I really want to be a witch! Also I was wondering if theres skin replacements for them yet? or if i could take an existing one like a Pixie one and make it work for them?

Thanks!
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
Re: AL Becoming a Witch Help?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 29, 00:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to visit the communitylots. They work the same as vampires. The Good witch visits the communitylots by day the Evil one by night. The twin sister in Belladonna cove already know witches. If you're playing that hood you can always have your sims befriend them and then play them and let them invite you all over. (your sims and the withces)

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Tempus Interroptus: How do you use this spell?
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 29, 00:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been searching around but couldn't find the answere. How do you use the Freeze Time Spell? Also the summon sim one?

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 29, 01:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you get a witch, you can spread it to other sims once the witch reaches a sufficient magic level.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
Re: Tempus Interroptus: How do you use this spell?
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 29, 01:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the requisite magic level, try clicking on the witch herself. Also, make sure you have all the reagents.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 29, 02:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also just take the first witch you run into, become best friends, and then study the opposite alignment after becoming a witch.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 29, 02:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you ^^ They appeared grayed out at first. I found the Sumon one I was missing the reagents indeed. The Tempus Interroptus however didn't appear in my "spellbook" so I didn't know what reagent was missing. After doing another spell I got a message that I learned new spells and there it was.

It's strange it was grayed out when I haven't officially learned it yet... oh well

Another question My evil with won't make the "lamp" not sure what the English name for it is. Any idea why and how I could solve the problem?

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 August 29, 03:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you made one already? I made one and then lost the option to make another.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 August 29, 03:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure the option is still up for my Good Witch. I had the Evil Witch try it first but nothing appeared in her inf after several simhours. I then tried with my Good Witch, she made one in short time and the option is still there I believe.

I then tried again with my Evil Witch without any luck.

GinaLash
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: AL gameplay questions and help
« Reply #9 on: 2008 August 29, 04:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are still looking for replacement skins Spookymuffin at Insim has made a nice one for evil witches and you can get it here http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=90989
HP at MTS2 has also made something so that just the regular skin shows through here http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=299163
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 August 29, 05:30:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are still looking for replacement skins Spookymuffin at Insim has made a nice one for evil witches and you can get it here http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=90989
HP at MTS2 has also made something so that just the regular skin shows through here http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=299163
I've made one too, here.
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 August 29, 06:25:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the topic at hand IS AL gameplay and questions and help, I was just wondering... how in the world do you get the neighbor to babysit?

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 August 29, 07:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's to do with relationship, I don't know. In the Riley?/Cho lot I just used him to click on her and it says something like, 'would you mind the children?' She went into his flat and bathed her own kid there and his kid just stayed home normally.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 August 29, 07:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mhrm, well I suppose since it's logical to build a relationship to know who's really watching your kids.. Yeah, come to think of it, I probably wouldn't want someone watching my sim kids if I didn't know them well. Anywho, I was just asking that question because my couple just got married, and they already had a kid and I booked a honeymoon for them. Well the time that the van came the kid was already at school. So, the kid probably won't know that his parent's are off at Twikki Island. XD

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 August 29, 08:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol!  You won't be able to do that sort of thing in Sims3 - the kid will be home alone for 3 days then!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 August 29, 10:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol!  You won't be able to do that sort of thing in Sims3 - the kid will be home alone for 3 days then!

Yeah, they'll be much more than latch key kids XD

Witchiness is TurnonTraits3 Flag 4 (dec) (and same flag in traits and turnoffs)

Ohh, I just have a question about the witch trait. Does that mean that the witchiness gets passed down, and that there's a good chance of having a kid who'll turn out to be a witch in their teen years? I realize that children and toddlers cannot be witches.

VampLena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 August 29, 14:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for all the help, i got the skins replaced and i found a witch since i moved to Belladonna Cove, ironically the Light Side witch was totally attracted to me and wanting to woo-hoo nearly immediately making the Path of Light option come up rather fast (she had 2 lightning bolts to me Cheesy ) Unfortunatly I want to be a EVIL witch, from the get go, so i finally found Francis and shes totally not attracted to me, bleh so now its a uphill battle to become friends with her, took awhile and im finally a witch Cheesy And I slept with both of them lol.

I was wondering, when do i get the new skin? My daughter become Lightside too and she doesnt have the Light Witch Skin and I dont have the Dark skin. Is it also something that has to be unlocked? Thanks!

Edit> Interestingly also, The Good Witch showed up downtown at the Crypt O'Night at Nighttime for some reason, while the Evil Witch Showed up at Freya's during the day time. Im not complaining but does that mean something is wonky with them?
« Last Edit: 2008 August 29, 14:37:48 by VampLena » Logged
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 August 29, 15:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit> Interestingly also, The Good Witch showed up downtown at the Crypt O'Night at Nighttime for some reason, while the Evil Witch Showed up at Freya's during the day time. Im not complaining but does that mean something is wonky with them?
I believe it's completely random what witch turns up when and where. I don't think anything is wonky in your game.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 29, 16:56:04 by Tsarina » Logged

INEPT INTP
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 August 29, 16:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohh, I just have a question about the witch trait. Does that mean that the witchiness gets passed down, and that there's a good chance of having a kid who'll turn out to be a witch in their teen years? I realize that children and toddlers cannot be witches.

Highly doubtful. Vampirism is a turn on too, and that isn't genetically inheritable.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 August 29, 17:10:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My super-evil and super-good witches had a baby. There is nothing special about the child.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 August 29, 17:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has she grown up to be a teenager yet Zazazu? I just meant to ask if they would get the witchyness by their teen years. Please don't mind me, I'm just too lazy to do it. XD

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 August 29, 19:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for all the help, i got the skins replaced and i found a witch since i moved to Belladonna Cove, ironically the Light Side witch was totally attracted to me and wanting to woo-hoo nearly immediately making the Path of Light option come up rather fast (she had 2 lightning bolts to me Cheesy ) Unfortunatly I want to be a EVIL witch, from the get go, so i finally found Francis and shes totally not attracted to me, bleh so now its a uphill battle to become friends with her, took awhile and im finally a witch Cheesy And I slept with both of them lol.

I was wondering, when do i get the new skin? My daughter become Lightside too and she doesnt have the Light Witch Skin and I dont have the Dark skin. Is it also something that has to be unlocked? Thanks!

You can just become a good witch then when you get your spell book click it and choose learnt he path of darkness or something

My question any advice on how to bosst my witches to either Super Good or Super Evil? I keep on using my spells on random townies without any luck! I wish I could lock up 2 sims in my home and use as guinnee pig untill my Evil becomes green and my good one starts to sparkle... any ideas?

Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 August 29, 19:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can become friends with the witch of the opposite alignment and ask them to teach you the path of light/darkness (That should give you sparkles as the opposite of what you were before), or you can just make your sim "study the path of *whatever*" with the spell book.

INEPT INTP
VampLena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 August 29, 19:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there must be something wrong then, neither my good witch or evil witch has pretty sparkles, all they got physically was a new dress and hat.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 August 29, 20:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there must be something wrong then, neither my good witch or evil witch has pretty sparkles, all they got physically was a new dress and hat.
Maybe they are rendered with shaders? Do you have fish? If not then they may be the same.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: