More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:35:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The War Room
| | |-+  Enabling Build/Buy In Apartments
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Enabling Build/Buy In Apartments  (Read 97438 times)
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
Re: Enabling Build/Buy In Apartments
« Reply #50 on: 2008 September 13, 09:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i didn't like how the game manage the camera, in few words, when the camera is out of the floor, it fall down.
On this way it's a bit uncomfortable to play with a 4 levels building  Tongue

*thnx for the alias jsalemi Smiley
lauriej
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 September 17, 15:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Open the userStartup.cheat file found in your, " .....Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config," folder using Notepad only

to enable cheats at start of game but this in
alias bbon "apartmentBuildBuyRestrictions on" "Enables build/buy mode tools in an apartments lot"
alias bboff "apartmentBuildBuyRestrictions off" "Disables build/buy mode tools in an apartments lot"
alias base "changeLotZoning apartmentbase" "Changes lot type to Apartment Base"
alias sub "changeLotZoning apartmentsublot" "Changes lot type to Apartment Sublot"
alias witch "changeLotZoning secretwitchlot" "Changes lot type to Secret Witch Lot"

n99 has a thread with all of the usercheats   http://starlightsims.yuku.com/topic/32684
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 September 17, 16:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do not EVER change a lot type to sub.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 September 17, 20:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Open the userStartup.cheat file found in your, " .....Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config," folder using Notepad only

alias bbon "apartmentBuildBuyRestrictions on" "Enables build/buy mode tools in an apartments lot"
alias bboff "apartmentBuildBuyRestrictions off" "Disables build/buy mode tools in an apartments lot"

Isn't "apartmentBuildBuyRestrictions off" the cheatcode that doesn't work?  So what's the point of putting it in our startup files?
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 September 28, 20:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a beach lot apartment which I'm quite happy with after fixing the sinking problem and moved a couple of my MATY Inverted families in. So far so good until the single bloke in the upstairs 1 bedroom apartment gets pregnant with twins. Being too lazy to move him out I used the two cheats mentioned (boolprop aptsublotspecifictoolsdisabled/aptbasespecifictoolsdisabled) to expand the apartment upwards to a second floor and added some spiral stairs. It all saved fine and the sim can access the new rooms in his expanded apartment so I disabled the cheats only to find that I can't place any bought furniture in the new upstairs. It seems to be treating the upstairs as if it's a communal area but it can only be accessed via that apartment entrance. Is there any way to have the game redetermine the extents of an apartment?

EDIT: I found a recalculate rent option on the apartment front door (debug mode - shift/left click) and I can now place items as normal.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 28, 20:23:10 by eevilcat » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 September 29, 03:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do Not Do This. Making structural changes using the buildcheat to an inhabited apartment is *BAD* because the changes do not properly save themselves, resulting in inconsistent lot behavior as the changes are not properly committed to the "base" lot.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 September 29, 12:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assumed that by enabling both base and sublot tools that changes would be propagated. When I checked the other occupied apartment it did have the newly extended architecture so the change must have propagated at least some way. It's an idiotic limitation as I constantly tweak the structure of my lots.

Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 September 29, 13:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used aptBaseLotSpecificToolsDisabled False to replace some spiral stairs with an elevator in one of the EAxian apartments.  (The Sentinel one I think).  This was before I moved anyone into it.

Had to use all three cheats later on to add room dividers in a bed room to keep twin toddlers from waking each other though.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 September 29, 21:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assumed that by enabling both base and sublot tools that changes would be propagated. When I checked the other occupied apartment it did have the newly extended architecture so the change must have propagated at least some way. It's an idiotic limitation as I constantly tweak the structure of my lots.
The game is very inconsistent about propagating any such changes. you may want to "loadlot" the base lot to see if it took correctly. If it did not take, you should stop doing this and perform the process properly. One of the perks of apartment-based lots is that if you're performing furnishing at the base-lot level, you won't lose all the stuff anyway.

Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 November 26, 21:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't "apartmentBuildBuyRestrictions off" the cheatcode that doesn't work?  So what's the point of putting it in our startup files?

The logic seems inverted too. If you turn on restrictions then you disables the function don't you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: