More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 11:08:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Apartment Life: Obligatory Hate/Love Topic
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life: Obligatory Hate/Love Topic  (Read 172202 times)
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life: Obligatory Hate/Love Topic
« Reply #100 on: 2008 August 29, 09:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once you're a witch, the only way to turn it off is to drink the cure.
Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2008 August 29, 12:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't been playing long and probably will add to the list later, but...

Like so far:

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I love the AL loading screen music. It strikes some chord in me, I don't know. Very soothing, makes me feel good.

Some of the new outfits are nice.

The paperboy comes right up on the porch and sets the newspaper near the door. I like not having newspapers left out on the sidewalk.

Thought I'd like and don't:

Ceilings. Nice feature for screenshots but otherwise they're an annoyance and cut off the tops of wallpaper.

Don't like so far:

All the bugs reported, and more coming in. Hire some beta testers, you cheap EA bastards. Ever heard of quality control?

Total strangers coming up and hugging each other. I just move a Sim in and Christ! Every friggin' neighbor comes over and hugs him or her. I'd call the cops if people did that to me in real life. Back off, perverts!

New landlord NPC spawned every time a new tenant moves in. One landlord per lot is plenty.

Spiral staircases that only go one way. I'd like left-sided and right-sided ones. I remember the same annoyance in Sims 1 spiral staircases.

Useless roomies. Even if you use a cheat to make them playable, they're buggy. I tried to have a roomie lock her own bedroom door so the playable Sim wouldn't keep trying to sleep there, and the roomie couldn't get into her own room. The only Sim who can lock/unlock doors is the original playable one. Annoying. If I want to make them both playable, that should be my option, and they should be completely playable. Rant rant rant.

AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2008 August 29, 12:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spiral staircases that only go one way. I'd like left-sided and right-sided ones. I remember the same annoyance in Sims 1 spiral staircases.

Thanks - I was wondering about this. I was so looking forward to AL and now I'm thinking I'm not going to install it until I have to. :/ I love my Marvine spiral staircases, not least because I can set a left and right one next to each other and it looks very cool.

Stupid EAxis... Sad
hippi
Corpulent Cretin

ISFP

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2008 August 29, 13:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found something I really hate... Evil witches on community lots = cockroaches bleh! Angry
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2008 August 29, 13:20:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least they actually go to the side, unlike TS1 spiral stairs which went in the opposite direction of the bottom steps. I think they did it this way so they could stack...
julsfels
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2008 August 29, 13:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I´m not sure if somebody has posted it already - the cheats for activating the build mode in apartments are:

boolprop aptbaselotspecifictoolsdisabled false for empty apartments and

boolprop aptsublotspecifictoolsdisabled false for inhabited (is that the rigth word  Huh) apartments.

When you used the last one, sometimes you have to click additionaly on a submenu like walls.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2008 August 29, 13:40:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I´m not sure if somebody has posted it already - the cheats for activating the build mode in apartments are:

boolprop aptbaselotspecifictoolsdisabled false for empty apartments and

boolprop aptsublotspecifictoolsdisabled false for inhabited (is that the rigth word  Huh) apartments.

When you used the last one, sometimes you have to click additionaly on a submenu like walls.

Already under discussion in this thread.

Pescado recommends against using these cheats on inhabited apartments unless it's to move/pick up a date reward:
It is not recommended that these cheats be used outside of construction on an uninhabited existing apartment or the retrieval of a wayward date reward.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
julsfels
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2008 August 29, 13:47:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, sorry.

I am not here very often - english is not my first language.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: 2008 August 29, 14:06:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, sorry.

I am not here very often - english is not my first language.

It was kind of you to take the time to post anyway, in case we had not seen it before Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2008 August 29, 14:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't find the having to make ingredients or having to study all that annoying.
You know what's awesome? The ingredients and witch furniture can be sold in OFB businesses! I haven't tried the cures or ReNu potion yet. It was late when I finally got to that point. My current plans for turning pink pirate Plum into a good witch with a sparkly kitty (if I can change kitty appearance on them, a sparkly pink kitty) who sells cures and runs a grassroots campaign against the Vitelli family's imperial ways is still on!

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2008 August 29, 15:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am loving these new wall shelves. Especially because I can move them up and down. I was finally able to get rid of my CC shelving because there is more than OFB shelves in the game.

Tasha, where did you find such nice looking potions? Are they customs or default replacements?
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2008 August 29, 15:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tasha, where did you find such nice looking potions? Are they customs or default replacements?

I think they're from Parsimonious. They are remakes of the love potion, anti-vampire potion etc. The ones the gypsy sells.

- INTJ -
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: 2008 August 29, 16:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, they are. I have them in my game, and they're gorgeous.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2008 August 29, 16:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they're from Parsimonious. They are remakes of the love potion, anti-vampire potion etc. The ones the gypsy sells.
Thanx, I found them. Here is the link http://www.parsimonious.org/furniture2/modded/k8-Panacea.shtml for all interested
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2008 August 29, 16:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for posting that.
I was just about to ask for a link. Tongue

INEPT INTP
Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2008 August 29, 19:08:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with you on that mystery hut or what ever it is. No thought whatsoever went into but I also understand that the employees at EA/Maxis are over worked and rushed to get projects done and then it's onto something else. You can look it up in Wikipedia about the employees lawsuit, working 100+ hours a week and not getting paid! Also the toy dog is pitiful. A toy dog should at least be same size as a cat or a little smaller. I feel sorry for the employees. I would like to strangle the crack whipping task master. I want a quality game that took alot of thought and creativity and TESTING!  then a box of broken junk, thrown in mismatched doodads and missing puzzle pieces. Mark my words Sims 3 will be the same. I hope you're all happy with your SecuRom to  Tongue
I doubt anybody here has SecuROM, it's been too well documented how to get rid of it and keep it away. Just use a no-CD crack. No worries.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2008 August 29, 19:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A goodly portion of us also have not purchased the EP, dominoe. Lurking is a lovely thing to do.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2008 August 29, 21:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Virgali, I've just been having them study evil or good from the books. Not sure how fast it is comparitively. It took my evil warlock about three days of continuous study to reach full magic level. He was the worst description from day 2.
Oh I see now! I thought those options were there just to change alignment! *Does a d'oh* Sorry for asking this over and over then -.-; It's just that everywhere I read is it said that the more you use evil spells this will increase the witches evilness so I figured that's the only way to max Evil! *Does another d'oh*

Will go and try it out then ^^

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
sarianastar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: 2008 August 29, 21:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I imagine that pregnancies and agings will have the tenants pooling outside of your, unable to break in.  Am I right?

Maybe I need to set the lock on my door, but my Sim went into labour, in the teeny little bathroom in her trailer park home, and her spouse, four neighbours and the landlord swarmed into that teeny little room to witness the grand event. *headdesk*

Tsarina - Your avatar freaks me out. I swiped at my monitor twice before realizing there's no creepy crawly there.  Grin

For those who are having the Gray Man effect... have you noticed if it's just playable families? Non playable neighbours show up full colour, inside an empty apartment, though if you go visit, all the furniture shows up once your playable sim arrives. However, if there's an apartment building with two playable families, the OTHER playable family turns up gray, and I can see all the shadowed shapes of their furniture, and each and every Sim. When my Sim goes into their apartment, he or she turns gray also. Freaky, they should turn normal when my active Sim goes inside.

I love the new clothes. Hate umpteen hairstyles just for a barette or hair tie colour change.  Sparkly witches, but I hate the green that the evil witch is. Looks like the flat texture of a mesh that got stuck in my downloads. Do Not Like. I'll have to go find me those default replacements that everyone keeps mentioning.

Squinge's pregnancy wear any clothing mod breaks the closets. But Dizzy at the Laden Swallow has a similar mod that works with AL and doesn't break the closets.

Don't like not being able to place stuff outside the apartment on a lot.

Edit: To add more stuff, to prevent multiple postings Smiley

« Last Edit: 2008 August 29, 21:42:16 by sarianastar » Logged

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*<br />My Legacy Stories<br />http://www.sarianastar.com/ts2<br /><br />~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2008 August 29, 23:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate the new startup music.  Ugh.  Lounge music.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2008 August 29, 23:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He. That's the first startup music I've liked in the sims since the Makin' Magic EP. It's just lovely.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2008 August 29, 23:43:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least it doesn't have any really obvious loops or pauses like I've experienced with most the previous start up musics.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: 2008 August 30, 00:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always liked the Nightlife music, except that it's at a lower volume than the other music, so I find myself either listening to it at a too-low volume and then the game itself sounds normal, or I crank it up, so I can hear it, and then get blasted once the game starts.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2008 August 30, 01:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like the start-up music, too. One of the more pleasant arrangements of the Sims 2 theme, IMO, which is a good thing if I'm going to be listening to it for who-knows-how-long.

But you know, you can copy a previous EP's splash.package to overwrite it, if you really hate it that much. (Make a backup first, of course.) I had to do that with FT's start-up. I didn't mind it at first, but it got annoying very quickly.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: 2008 August 30, 01:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the new clothes. Hate umpteen hairstyles just for a barette or hair tie colour change.
I made a hider for the hairs so only one per style shows.

* ALhider_no-moar-multi-hairs.package (41.65 KB - downloaded 382 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: