More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 14:17:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Apartment Life: Obligatory Hate/Love Topic
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life: Obligatory Hate/Love Topic  (Read 172360 times)
BrokenRobot
Dimwitted Dunce

sekrit Republican

View Profile WWW
Re: Apartment Life: Obligatory Hate/Love Topic
« Reply #325 on: 2008 October 13, 23:55:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope.  Just do it the old fashioned way if you want to control everyone at once.  Make an apartment building, but leave it as a regular residential lot.
OniRyo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2008 October 14, 17:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope.  Just do it the old fashioned way if you want to control everyone at once.  Make an apartment building, but leave it as a regular residential lot.

Also don't forget to put an authorized person only security in each 'apartment unit' to force them to stay out of each other's areas or theyh will treat it just like one big oddly divided house... not sure how to set it up to do that though (haven't used APO yet but it looks promising) You can also use the multiple owners myne  door hack which lets multiple people use the same myne door (forget where it is, i think MTS2) then just assign each sub--family to a different myne door and lock it. SimLogical has some nice stuff also for lockable doors. Not sure how up-to-date the site is though, i know a while back he shut it down due to not having time to keep up with keeping the hacks updated or something like that though... worth a look though.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: 2008 October 14, 18:20:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was, like, in another era.  Simlogical's been back up and updating for as far back as human memory can stretch.  All the lockable doors work fine.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
loripanori
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2008 October 14, 22:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh great!  I use your teleporter all the time Inge, but I've never tried the lockable/keyholder doors. 
This is probably wishful thinking...  but would there be any way to incorporate the lockable doors into the apartment buildings, to set up a system where multiple people/families could live in separate apartments in the same building, but could be controlled at the same time?  I know you can set up home-made apartments on residential lots using the lockable doors, but would it be possible to hack the doors somehow (or the apartments somehow, I guess) so that the doors could be used in apartment buildings, where you wanted to control more than one family?  So that you could leave the zoning as "apartment", and keep the other "features" of apartment buildings intact...  e.g. paying rent every monday, the landlord, the other apartments filling up with townies...  I'm thinking something along the lines of "special doors" that would let you set up a 4 apartment building, with two playables, each living in separate apartments, and two townies filling up the other two apartments...?
I have no idea how the coding or hacks work, so I'm probably just grasping at straws, but I thought I'd throw it out there in case it is possible.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2008 October 15, 19:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it would be best for you to go on over to Simlogical and have a look at Inge's doors?  She also has a really nifty forum, where you can ask about how to use them in apartments.

Off the top of my head, if you merge your two families, you can build a double apartment accessible with one standard Maxis apartment door.  Then use Inge's doors to assign each sub-family their own living space.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2008 October 20, 14:35:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found something else I hate.
Why can't landlords/ladies grill food at Saturday parties without a communal fridge?! Most premade apartments are equipped with a communal grill yet the landlord/lady will always order pizza unless there is a communal fridge for them to use, which there usualy isn't.
I find this so very annoying.
Is there any way to update either the landlord data or lot data to let them use the grills without a fridge like on a community lots?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: