More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 12:40:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Apartment Life: Obligatory Hate/Love Topic
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life: Obligatory Hate/Love Topic  (Read 172418 times)
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life: Obligatory Hate/Love Topic
« Reply #300 on: 2008 September 19, 08:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Huggle"?!

I think I just got DIABEETUS.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: 2008 September 19, 11:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha! You'd hate it in my house then, we call it 'hug-wug'  Cheesy That's what my (not quite 2) daughter calls it.

I like the toddler hug, it is so sweet.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: 2008 September 19, 13:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just what is it that drives small children to experiment by adding a rhyming suffix to words?  Is it because without realising we're doing first, saying things like beddy-weddy time and stuff?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: 2008 September 19, 13:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it is just experimenting while learning to talk. Her favourite word at the moment is narna-barna. (banana)

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2008 September 19, 16:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes to both. Language Log had a post recently on toddler illeism that talked a little bit about children copying parents and experimentation.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: 2008 September 20, 06:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I know why she does it. I was watching her favourite TV programme with her yesterday called In The Night Garden. Characters include; IgglePiggle Upsy Daisy, Makka Pakka, Ninky Nonk and Pinky Ponk. Roll Eyes

Talysman, that is a very interesting article, cheers!

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2008 September 21, 18:33:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This reminds me of a conversation I had with my mother a few years ago. She'd recently found my old baby blanket, and I asked her if I'd had any 'pet name' for it ('binky' or whatever). She just gaped at me, baffled, like I'd asked her if I used to eat with my toes. "Of course not. You knew perfectly well it was a blanket; what else would you call it?" Apparently I also used to amuse their friends by spelling supercalifragilisticexpialidocious for them. Sounds like I was a super-fun kid.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
dragonarts
Blathering Buffoon

http://dragcave.net/user/dragonarts

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2008 September 22, 20:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I'm going to pose this as a question because, hey! it might just be me. Does anyone else's butler quit after two days, saying "It's been an honor to serve the household."? I hired him, he came, he served, he quit. I hired him again, ditto. I hired him again and he quit again. Is this a "feature?" Or am I doing something wrong? If I'm the messed up one, someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. And if this is a "feature," is anyone more awesome than me planning to write a hack that keeps him from quitting all the time?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2008 September 22, 21:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More likely a hack conflict or you have an old version of a hack laying around.  Run the HCDU, and if that doesn't turn up any conflicts, remove your downloads folder.  If the problem goes away, you need to make  sure you have the latest version of all your hacks, remove the ones that haven't been updated, and maybe do a binary search to find the culprit if the first two items don't solve it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
dragonarts
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2008 September 22, 22:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with running the hack conflict detector is that is gives an error every time I do. I've tried downloading a new copy of it, but it still won't work. I'm not too knowledgeable about reading error messages, so this helps me not at all. I've attached the error message it gives, if that helps anyone.

As for old hacks, that's entirely possible. I have a couple that haven't been updated. I assumed they were ok to use since they don't cause any error messages. I guess not. The particular ones that I'm thinking of are Monique's. I just found an update for her child support hack today, and have installed it, but I haven't tried it yet. I thought her auto-payer mod was reported as being compatible, but I could be wrong?
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2008 September 22, 22:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a problem with AL that I have not seen a post about yet.

My apartment dwellers cannot call each other on the phone or invite each other over for a visit by personally greeting.  They have high relationships scores.

This is very disappointing for me.  I had looked forward to inviting neighbors over for all the interactions you might have with sims not living on the same lot.

I use some hacks.  Mostly MATY, but also homework-on-the desk, and the power espresso by SimCutie.

Is this a "working as designed" feature?  If not, has anyone seen a hack that will give me these social options?

I am a first-time poster here.  I have read the forums carefully.  Please, I don't need a slapdown, I need an answer. 

Thank you

----------------

Yes, I know I am a noob.

Just to clarify.  I did try out my phone problem with other apartment dwellers, in other neighborhoods, both with sims already in place and sims that I created.  In the boxed lots and also CC apartment buildings.

It doesn't seem to matter how many people they know or whether they have gone to work, or a community lot.  They cannot call their neighbors or ask their neighbors to visit.

Sorry to annoy the moderators.

Edit by moderator:  You don't have to double-post.  You can edit your own posts at any time you like unless you are canned and exiled to Retardo Land.

This may be widespread knowledge by now, but I had the same irritation. My apartment dweller got all obsessed with the lady across the hall. I kludged it by having my sim give her a cel phone as a present. Now he can call her...but I don't yet know if she will call him.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2008 September 23, 10:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my sims from a bit of days have a strange behave, in few words, they go to sleep as the first needs.
for example, the have fun < 50 and sleep need about 60, they will go to sleep and then watch tv  Shocked
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2008 September 23, 13:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with running the hack conflict detector is that is gives an error every time I do. I've tried downloading a new copy of it, but it still won't work. I'm not too knowledgeable about reading error messages, so this helps me not at all. I've attached the error message it gives, if that helps anyone.

I got some HCDU errors a couple months ago, and deleting the "Temp" folder cleared them up. (Cache issue, I guess.) If that doesn't work, you should report this at the HCDU support section at Simlogical.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2008 September 23, 18:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand that it is not Awesomespec to have apartments touching, but I stacked mine. I think it's ridiculous that neighbors will complain five minutes after food on the table goes bad.

Another nitpick in general is that I have always been irritated that Pop Tarts have the same "shelf life" as omelets. COME ON.

ETA: I also wanted to add that I've been playing an apartment with a roomie for a few sim days. He is starting to keep a schedule and act human, doing things such as showering, sleeping in his room, and eating at reasonable hours. After a period of him acting like a robot (replenishing needs on errands and at work, lame) I decided to make him selectable and "train" him if possible, or at least make him less irritating.

Has anyone else had this experience? Do they settle in after a bit if you leave them unselectable, or did making him selectable and forcing things along help?
« Last Edit: 2008 September 23, 21:52:23 by Assmitten » Logged

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2008 September 23, 23:43:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another nitpick in general is that I have always been irritated that Pop Tarts have the same "shelf life" as omelets. COME ON.
I want poptarts my sims don't have to cook. I never toast my pop tarts.

I don't even want to know what the muffins are made out of.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2008 September 24, 00:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... I think it's ridiculous that neighbors will complain five minutes after food on the table goes bad.
*snip*

And, conversely, I can't get neighbors to complain about smell even when I deliberately left rotten food laying around all night in hopes of seeing a complaint for kicks.
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2008 September 24, 11:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: I also wanted to add that I've been playing an apartment with a roomie for a few sim days. He is starting to keep a schedule and act human, doing things such as showering, sleeping in his room, and eating at reasonable hours. After a period of him acting like a robot (replenishing needs on errands and at work, lame) I decided to make him selectable and "train" him if possible, or at least make him less irritating.

Has anyone else had this experience? Do they settle in after a bit if you leave them unselectable, or did making him selectable and forcing things along help?

I haven't had them settle in naturally at all. I've been using Inge's apartment fixes mod, in testing, it takes away their ability to replenish needs from errands and work, and I find them taking care of their own needs much better.
Inge's mod is in the testing area of her forum, but may be released soon.
butheircousins
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2008 September 24, 14:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LIKE magic magic magic!!! gosh it was my fave sims 1 episode i am totally stoned that they updated it to make it into a sims 2 expansion i think it is better than the sims 2 expansion but i miss the ghost train DISLIKE that its the last expansion i will miss the game
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2008 September 24, 14:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get the hell off of my internet until you learn English. I am not at all surprised to learn that you are "totally stoned", since you seem to have the mental capacity to match.

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2008 September 24, 16:12:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LIKE magic magic magic!!! gosh it was my fave sims 1 episode i am totally stoned that they updated it to make it into a sims 2 expansion i think it is better than the sims 2 expansion but i miss the ghost train DISLIKE that its the last expansion i will miss the game
As the OP, I'm officially kicking you off this topic. Go away. We don't want your kind here.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2008 September 24, 16:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had them settle in naturally at all. I've been using Inge's apartment fixes mod, in testing, it takes away their ability to replenish needs from errands and work, and I find them taking care of their own needs much better.

I will look into this, thanks, caterpillar. I really don't want to micromanage a roomie, but letting him go feral was taking me out of the "realism" of the game. I am so spoiled now with Pescado's hacks...most of the time sims approximate human behavior, so this was buggin.

caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2008 September 24, 17:43:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will look into this, thanks, caterpillar. I really don't want to micromanage a roomie, but letting him go feral was taking me out of the "realism" of the game. I am so spoiled now with Pescado's hacks...most of the time sims approximate human behavior, so this was buggin.

I know exactly how you feel about the realism. The zombie roomies were driving me crazy.
Here's a direct link to the thread in Inge's forum for this mod. It is nearly out of testing. The mod also makes the other tenants behave more realistically in terms of when they go into their apartments and when they hang in the communal areas. It doesn't stop them from reading your magazines, though,  Cheesy
http://simlogical.com/slforum/index.php?topic=1770.0
dragonarts
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2008 September 25, 02:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got some HCDU errors a couple months ago, and deleting the "Temp" folder cleared them up. (Cache issue, I guess.) If that doesn't work, you should report this at the HCDU support section at Simlogical.

Thanks Roux. I tried what you suggested, and it didn't work. I posted the error over at simlogical, but also read others problems/solutions, and managed to fix the HCDU. The only conflicts it's showing are 4 versions of Monique's money computer (updated for AL over at Insim) using the same resources, and a conflict between Pescado's vampwere fix and the other one from here. I'll have to track that down and figure out which one to keep. However, while searching for possible old hacks I did find a newer update for one of the other hacks I had running, so that may have fixed it too. I haven't had a chance to try the lot with the butler and see yet.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2008 September 25, 04:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vampwerefix was replaced by creaturefix(es).

Don't keep four versions of MQs computer. Why in the world would you need all those? One is all you need. I use the version Chaavik did for AL.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
loripanori
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2008 October 13, 22:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a bit behind, and just started playing AL over the weekend... 
Just wondering - Is there any way to simultaneously play multiple sims who are living in the same apartment building but in different apartments?  I hate when I have two sims living in the same apartment building, but different apartments, and I can't control them both at the same time...  I was hoping for something similar to the Uni dorms, when you can control all playables living in the dorm at once...  I know it would suck if you had big families living in the same building because it would be too many sims to play at once, but with single sims I would love if I could control all playables on the lot simultaneously, rather than playing one while the other hangs out in blackness, and then playing the other to catch up. 
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: