More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 14:43:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Apartment Life: Obligatory Hate/Love Topic
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life: Obligatory Hate/Love Topic  (Read 172363 times)
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life: Obligatory Hate/Love Topic
« Reply #175 on: 2008 September 01, 17:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So many errors! I expected a few as per usual but not this many.
I got the game three days ago and haven't had chance to play as I've been too busy downloading the fixes for stuff people have found so far.
I've found some stuff too that I haven't seen mentioned.

- The gold and silver textures on the 'Eloquent Divinity Living Chair', 'Curvaceous Love' love seat and the 'Riveting Rivets' sofa don't work properly. They deform the shape of the rivets and poke through where they shouldn't. The bronze recolour works fine.

- The molded belts and cornice outer corner pieces can't be used because of the placement restrictions. They have to be placed against a wall but they are designed so that they need to be placed where there is no wall.

- 'Vim's Ventilation Small Wall Vent' and the large version too, can't be placed over floor objects as although it is a wall object it seems to need to occupy a floor tile. It can be placed above kitchen counters but then it raises itselve into the room above!

- The two 'Pipeline Decoratives' that touch the floor can intersect with other floor objects as they are classed as wall decorations.

If I had any idea on how to fix these issues without a compatable version of SimPE I would give it a shot but I haven't really got the necassary knowledge. I only hope somebody else out there can correct them or that an AL compatible version of SimPE comes out soon so that I can try and utilise that.
Is SimPE still alive btw?
« Last Edit: 2008 September 02, 19:56:16 by Menaceman » Logged
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2008 September 01, 17:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The witches out of the box are severely underwhelming. There are only *TWO* potions that are actually NEW to the game, the rest being repackaged shit that they've already sold us. Of the spells, most of the are duplications of things we either already have, or could easily make. Most of the rest are just useless.

I was (stupidly) expecting actual useful spells...or at least entertaining spells. 

You can't even use the "start fire" spell on people or in comm lots, so what's the point?

Only the good witch gets a house cleaning spell...or a love spell?  What's that about?  I'm pretty sure that magically seducing someone is evil.

Also, I was hoping for potions that affect personality...I mean, sure, you can do that with cheats, but still...

and what about spells that either fulfull wants (good) or fears (bad)..that's where some real fun would be...instead, you can just make people sick?
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2008 September 01, 17:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So... has anyone tried building an apartment lot with cars already in place before moving any sims in?  So, say you planned to move in 2 families; then you should be able to place 2 driveways and 2 cars before moving those families in.  I don't know how well you'd be able to claim those cars for one particular sim though, or even if you'd be able to use them properly.  Anyone?  I don't have AL so I can't check it out yet.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2008 September 01, 17:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking you should be able to hack this similarly to the method Goggalor used to make yards off foundations work. Invisible walls/fencing. Place the driveway extension piece at the sidewalk using the moveobjects cheat. Use invisible fencing/wall to seal off any areas you want to appear open. Seal off the rest using fencing or half walls. Sims should then be able to place their own cars as well as use them.

You'd have the animation issue present with street parking. Cars would fade in and fade out. No biggie. Will test.

EDIT: Works!
« Last Edit: 2008 September 01, 17:55:58 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2008 September 01, 18:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So... has anyone tried building an apartment lot with cars already in place before moving any sims in?  So, say you planned to move in 2 families; then you should be able to place 2 driveways and 2 cars before moving those families in.  I don't know how well you'd be able to claim those cars for one particular sim though, or even if you'd be able to use them properly.  Anyone?  I don't have AL so I can't check it out yet.

Yes. I used witch's 8 Bedroom Monster and turned it into a boarding house of sort, and my playable was able to use either of the two cars already on the lot.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2008 September 01, 23:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the largest you can make an apartment, four separate apartments?

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2008 September 02, 02:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the largest you can make an apartment, four separate apartments?

I think the limit is 10 apartments, but you can only have 4 playable families on it. The rest will be taken up by townies.
id
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2008 September 02, 14:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love the fact that we finally have magic.  Am underwhelmed with the amount and execution though.  In the WTF category:  My good witch and evil warlock are camping on their vacation lot (they didn't have much money, so the building itself is basically enough to hold the bathroom and a small kitchenette, and they were sleeping outside in a tent). 
A burglar cometh.....  So of course immediately they wake up and run out of the tent (nono idiots, stay in there, then at least the tent will be occupied and he can't take it...)  Anyhow, I figure I have an evil warlock, let's have him actually get some use out of his evil spells - but nooooooooo. the warlock tells me such and such is currently busy, better not disturb him with a spell.  What's the point of HAVING the evil spells if you can't use them because - oh the burglar is too busy STEALING MY STUFF!!!  Wouldn't that be exactly the moment when you'd WANT to use the bee chasing spell or the attack spirit?Huh?? 

So - hint, hint:  can any of you awesome people come up with a hack that lets me use spells if the sim I wan't to use them on is "too busy"Huh?   I can't for the life of me think of what the logic behind not letting you use spells when you see a sim doing something your evil warlock won't like. 

So now my evil warlock will have to train with Echo's magic wand - I bet that won't have any problems interrupting the burglar's queue - and now the next burglar will simply have to DIE instead of being chased by bees.  Are ya happy now EAXIS!?!?!?! Angry

Also: my god, hope someone writes some additional useful spells.  I mean - oh cool, I can set my own house on fire!  so what?  Oh and I can spend lots of time and effort to make spell ingredients so I can cause a bug infestation.  Yay!  The evil spells don't actually do anything for the evil witch.  I can see the good witch not getting too much personal gain (oh god, been watching too many charmed's here) -  but the bad witch should definitely have spells that let them gain preferably while causing loss to some one else....

Other than that like the fact we finally have apartments, but think it's waaaay too late in the series.  that should have come right in the beginning when it was still more difficult to make money, more difficult to meet enough friends, and we didn't have small and cheap enough lots yet. Instead it comes in the end when most of our Sims are already part of a long line of sims and have the accumulated wealth of generations...

Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2008 September 02, 17:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mean - oh cool, I can set my own house on fire!  so what?

Oh, but don't forget, it's EAxis that we're talking about, setting your own house on fire and/or peeing your pants is SO FUN!

Dive in!
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2008 September 02, 20:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anybody else noticed how rediculessly small the neighbourhood powerplant ploppable seems to be compared to the skyscrapers? Its tiny, the plant loading bay doors are only as tall as the skyscraper main doors!
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2008 September 02, 20:18:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, having finally got the thing loaded after it turned up yesterday (thanks so much play.com for getting it here so promptly), I can at last add something to this thread.  I have hardly played yet but had a good look at the skins and objects. 

My personal favourite object so far is the new fish tank and I like the vending machines, ducting and playground equipment - for different reasons obviously - too.  Did anyone else notice there's some new bedding and it's not too hideous?  It's not very interesting, but it's not hideous.  I like many of the new neighbourhood objects including the power station even though it seems a bit small - approximately the same floor area as one of the alleys.  I like the fact you can see the alleys from the lot view.

As for the skins, I like quite a lot of them though there are a number of issues.  Mesh conversions - so many.  Like others, I quite like many of the elder adapted meshes - the gypsyish outfit works quite well - and there's some quite nice new stuff like the loose jacket and trousers but the skirt, jumper and socks (converted from FT teen?) is meh.  Some clothes suffer from over-decorated-itis (plain is good, tasteful and classy EAxis) and there are some adult male clothes with the distinctive authentic Eaxis GAH! effect.  And those hairs: ain't it great to have so many variations: you can have any colour of hair clip you like?  (My eyes, see how I roll them).  The main thing about the new meshes for me - the main bad thing - is the feet.  What's with that?  Here's a pic of one of the teen dresses. 

Now, I admit I have my monitor on some weird setting at the moment (owing to Vista arguing with the video card - I really need to sort that out) but even so those feet are enormous.  They're as long as her shin is high.  And that's not the only mesh with great flaps of meat for feet.  The other main skin issue to my mind is this: WTF?

Inteen for AL, yay!
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2008 September 02, 20:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ That's one from the 3-4 football-fan outfits added in AL. There's no shirt, it's body-spray, and there's matching face-paint too.

Dive in!
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2008 September 02, 20:29:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can see that - it's still WTF?  If that had been made by someone at TSR, it'd be in one of the More Awful Than You threads.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2008 September 02, 20:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, sorry then, I thought you were wondering what that might be.

I won't disagree with you though, it's typical EAxis crap that is bound to be rarely used by any players.

Dive in!
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2008 September 02, 21:05:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I plan to populate a cemetery with any townies who show up in that face/body paint.

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP, AQ: 36. Fear.

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2008 September 02, 21:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I plan to populate a cemetery with any townies who show up in that face/body paint.

I plan to make them into pet zombies, dress them properly, and use them as butlers/maids/bodyguards/nannies/etc.

You KNOW their ghosts will probably show up in that...
somnambulist
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2008 September 02, 21:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anybody else noticed how rediculessly small the neighbourhood powerplant ploppable seems to be compared to the skyscrapers? Its tiny, the plant loading bay doors are only as tall as the skyscraper main doors!

Yeah the lack of scale really irritates me; hopefully someone more skilled than I will scale it up to a more suitable dimension. (And then line it up just so with the pig balloon)
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2008 September 02, 21:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I won't disagree with you though, it's typical EAxis crap that is bound to be rarely used by any players.

Luckily, fanseelamb's got some default replacements up on MTS2. They're here if anybody else hates the EA originals as much as I did: http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=299307.

I sing along with elevator music.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2008 September 03, 16:38:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would seem that the difficult and awkward use of the decorative cornices was intentional!? Why am I surprised?
I've just read an apartment building tutorial created by the Sims 2 team available at their site in the 'Get Cool Stuff' section and they point out how you have to use cheats and place floor tiles where you don't want them just to place the corner pieces.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2008 September 03, 17:16:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's kind of normal for most decorative objects excepting wall hangings. Of course, smart coder would have coded them like wall hangings.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2008 September 03, 17:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only one that you need to place a floor tile one is for the corner piece. I can see why that one couldn't be a wall hanging.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2008 September 03, 18:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe, you know, enslaved smurfs are forced to work in there?
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2008 September 04, 12:11:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've actually managed to make a replacement package for the Powerplant now so that it is double the size. The only problem is I have no knowledge of how to relocate the smoke effect so it now comes out of the roof!  Sad
If anyone can explain to me what to do then great. I know I'll be missing part of the package file needed as it only contains the GMDC and SHPE at the moment but I don't know what the other bit is that I'll need to extract and alter.

I'm also trying to create a text replacement for the "So-and-so has finished a 'regent name'." but can't locate the text.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2008 September 04, 12:17:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the smoke effect not separate?

More F than you
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2008 September 04, 19:50:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably. I don't really know what I'm looking for though.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: