More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:24:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.  (Read 467812 times)
coralleane
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
« Reply #750 on: 2008 October 17, 14:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've run several outings since installing AL - scored and unscored, residental and community lot (Though probably not on an apartment), and haven't had any problems with them at all. 
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #751 on: 2008 October 17, 15:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Better still, find out how it's done so we can do it at will.  It looks useful.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
purplebunny
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: 2008 October 17, 18:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I invite people to join a group or try to meet a group of friends on a community lot to have dinner or something and they all freeze up. They literally just stand somewhere.

Targa's backdrop has been borked since I think Seasons. It screws with autonomy on dates/outings. Any chance you've got it lurking in your TS2 folder?

tiffyt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: 2008 October 18, 22:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh...I do have that. I'll take it out and see what happens. I actually hadn't thought to take out my downloads and try an outing because I thought it was a AL glitch or something. As to the debug mode thing. How do I tell if it's in debug mode? I don't play in debug mode but for some odd reason when I click on a sim it gives me the "DEBUG: Superduper Hug" option. None of my hacks are conflicting according to the hcdcu, and when I took all my downloads out and ran the game clean it still gave me that option on a sim menu. I thought it was a al glitch. Cause, you know. AL is weird.
Thanks for your insight. My mind was obviously clouded as I should have done that in the first place..

~TiffyT
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: 2008 October 19, 03:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do I tell if it's in debug mode?

You have to turn debug mode on.  Put it in your userstartup.cheat file (search on that if you're interested - there are threads devoted to this).  It is also (mistakenly) called "boolprop"

"boolprop testingcheatsenabled true"

Most of us play with it on all the time.

Tribulatio proxima est
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: 2008 October 19, 11:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

when I click on a sim it gives me the "DEBUG: Superduper Hug" option.

Try using the FFS Debugger to force an error on off world objects. Delete the memory manager, or memory manager- old.
tiffyt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: 2008 October 19, 19:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I spent this entire morning troubleshooting and finally found the package. It turns out to be the 'lesswhiny' hack.
I thank you all for your help. Smiley

~TiffyT
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: 2008 October 19, 20:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That information is obviously incorrect, because "lesswhiny" is a tested and actively maintained piece of Awesomeware, and this problem does not occur in my game: Furthermore, the "Super Duper Hug" is available due to an EAxis offworld controller that normally does not spawn in the game unless you did something to cause it to spawn. Therefore, the lesswhiny package is not the cause the problem and cannot be the cause of the problem unless you have a version that was not from here.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #758 on: 2008 October 19, 21:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah there is nothing wrong with lesswhiney, I have used it non-stop through all the EPs.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: 2008 October 19, 22:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, taking my life in my hands *trembles violently in abject terror* I will ask my questions. One of my issues is with my Sims not going to work. Rather they do go to work but then all of a sudden the "at work" symbol on their icon disappears and they are back home way before quitting time. I make them walk back to work where they are then "late", but they then are suddenly back home and have "missed" work. The other issue is that my adult Sims can get only teen and/or elder jobs. No regular hour jobs are listed at all! Huh Angry Huh Help!

mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: 2008 October 19, 23:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh*

What hacks do you use?  Do you have CC?  Do you have custom careers?  Does this happen in a completely vanilla (no extra anything) game?  Do you have CC Cars?  Have you verified that all your CC/Hacks/Mods are updated for AL?
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: 2008 October 20, 01:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh*

What hacks do you use?  Do you have CC?  Do you have custom careers?  Does this happen in a completely vanilla (no extra anything) game?  Do you have CC Cars?  Have you verified that all your CC/Hacks/Mods are updated for AL?

I have many hacks. Mostly by Pes, Ld D, TJ, Squinge, SW, and Carrigan. None have conflicted with each other or ever caused me any trouble before and I have run them through the HCD. I also have InSim and quite a bit of CC including a few custom careers all of which are supposed to be AL updated. I don't have any custom cars at present. No. I did not notice this problem in vanilla game. I hadn't thought about those custom careers, but come to think of it I just added one recently and only noticed the work glitch yesterday for the first time. I'll hunt down the careers and see if deleting them works to clear up the trouble. Thanks

I found careers, deleted them, still no adult jobs available. Still won't stay at work. That's the only "new" stuff added in the past week and I'm pretty sure the jobs were right at that time.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 20, 08:33:32 by chobeegal » Logged

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #762 on: 2008 October 20, 09:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if it works fine in your vanilla game, it's something in your downloads.  So do a binary search.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #763 on: 2008 October 20, 13:30:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have many hacks. Mostly by Pes, Ld D, TJ, Squinge, SW, and Carrigan.

Why haven't you got any of mine?   Angry

chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: 2008 October 20, 14:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...do a binary search.

Huh Well, call me stupid, but how?  Huh

I have many hacks. Mostly by Pes, Ld D, TJ, Squinge, SW, and Carrigan.

Why haven't you got any of mine?   Angry

Embarrassed Oh yes, I do have a number of yours too, Inge. I just forgot to list that. I couldn't do without your teleporter shrub/painting or stay things shrub in particular and several others as well. I am sorry for the omission. SimLogical is in my top ten "favorites" list on my computer along with MATY, InSim, and the others. I'll take my 30 lashes  Wink with a wet noodle please. Embarrassed
« Last Edit: 2008 October 20, 14:12:37 by chobeegal » Logged

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: 2008 October 20, 14:21:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...do a binary search.

Huh Well, call me stupid, but how?  Huh

Okay then, you're stupid.  Link:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7437.msg208008.html#msg208008

Tribulatio proxima est
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #766 on: 2008 October 20, 14:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Talking of wet noodles, those Batchelors Instant Noodles (which you have to put in a saucepan, add water, simmer and stir for 3 minutes - I think of instant as meaning you pour on hot water and they're ready) describe themselves as Sweet and Sour, as in Chinese.   They actuall taste and feel like the leftover batter from fried fish after it's been left getting soggy in vinegar for a while.

The really weird thing is - I like them!

Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: 2008 November 10, 20:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Necromancy may be bad, but I am supplying more relevant and new information to the borky borks that came with Apartment Life... I believe ALp1 broke this beause I have not gotten then second patch yet and don't intend to, because Pescado and Co. are more awesome than it...

Hayy thanks for the hot dog. . . FAIL!

Orange Indigo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: 2008 November 28, 03:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are school buses coming for children living in your sims' apartment buildings or did I Eaxis fuck my game up?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: 2008 November 28, 05:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Missing School Bus has been a known behavior of the game, and is not readily reproduceable. Nor should you really care, as the school bus is unnecessary! In *MY* day, we had to WALK to school, through the snow, uphill and against the wind both ways, while the Japanese would try to bomb us. AND WE LIKED IT.

In short, I am flatly refusing to fix this because I like it that way. It doesn't actually hurt you, and I LIKE IT THAT WAY. NYAH!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: 2008 November 28, 09:07:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A hack to stop the school bus or workpool from showing up at all would be cool. With AL, it's completely unnecessary. I'd love to see the sims "walk to school/work" autonomously, just like the car owners "drive to work" autonomously.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Orange Indigo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: 2008 November 28, 14:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are school buses coming for children living in your sims' apartment buildings or did I Eaxis fuck my game up?

It's not you. It's been brought up in this thread already.
I figured that out shortly after I posted that, oops.
That's what I get for coming late to the AL party, here.

I'd love to see the sims "walk to school/work" autonomously, just like the car owners "drive to work" autonomously.
Except they don't, which is where the problem lies when the school bus doesn't show up.  I hadn't know about that function because, as I said, I just got AL, so I proceeded to freak out, slightly.  If the apartment I was playing didn't have a driveway, I probably would have done all sorts of stupid things trying to "fix" it, and failing.

I'm off topic here.  What I'm saying is: They don't autonomously go to school, which is what annoys me about this problem.
tibel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: 2008 December 06, 04:52:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone have a fix for the suicidal behavior of NPC dormies? (not eating, pissing themselves, not bathing, not sleeping)

I have all of the updated director's cut hacks/fixes for Apartment life but I still have dormies dieing. I think I have about 10 tombstones.

---

Also on interesting thing happened when I pleaded with Death for one sim. I won, the person was spared but then the dormie became a playable with limited pie window functions and was unable to sleep in their own bed. The bed was completely unselectable.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 06, 05:12:20 by tibel » Logged
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: 2008 December 06, 05:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

tibel, if you're using the DC, you probably have 'nouniprotect' in, which is what keeps the idjit dormies from dying. Unmodded, they're sort of the opposite of suicidal; they'll leave the lot and return refreshed. If you want them to stop dying, remove 'nouniprotect'. If you're referring to roomies (not dormies), as in AL, though... that's a different matter.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
tibel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: 2008 December 06, 05:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was hoping I didn't have to remove that particular hack, but if there is no other fix/way then I must. Can't have a roach motel just yet.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: