More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:23:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.  (Read 467794 times)
zoebme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
« Reply #600 on: 2008 September 11, 08:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And as for the Riley/Cho borkedness, it makes no difference in resetting those apartments as different sublots if I try this either:   
... have whichever one you're playing visit the other for a bit.  When the playable leaves, the apartment you're not playing returns to 'normal' and becomes invisible.  Works fine after that, and solves this bork fairly easily.

Did you knock on the door when you went to visit the other apartment? It worked fine for me once I had done that.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 11, 08:16:36 by zoebme » Logged
Knukleur
Blathering Buffoon

See Rock City

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: 2008 September 11, 11:47:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Issues with 'upstairs' in apartments are driving me insane.

At one apartment lot the upstairs is counted as outside of the apartment, I can't change furniture or wallpapers.
In another lot the neighbors upstairs is completely visible even though someone lives there, and the neighbors downstairs is hidden.

They both are downloaded apartment lots, maybe I need to load them in build mode once to get them to work properly?

Do any of these lots use the stage foundations as a stairway landing between floors?  I had issues similar to yours when I used these on the ground floor/entrance level of some townhouses with garages.  Replacing the landings with a straight run of stairs or a spiral stair fixed it.  AL must be treating the edge of a stage as a boundary when the zoning change is invoked, similar to the way it treats carpet strips and flowerbed edging in the "fence" category.
Ah, that explains it. Much appreciate your answer - I was going insane not knowing what the problem was. The apartments in question does indeed use stage foundations. Is there a way to fix it maybe? Maybe I need to make the lot residential then turn it into apartment again?

You don't need to rezone it, but I think you have to move any playable Sims out first.  In build or buy mode in a vacant building, CTRL+ALT+SHIFT to open the console/cheat window, enter "boolprop AptBaseLotSpecificToolsDisabled false" (without the quotes, but can be all in lower case). You may have to switch from build mode to buy mode and back to build mode to see the changes in the build mode icons.  Then you can delete staircases, stages, and other items that may be in the way of the replacement stairs, put your replacement stairs in, and save.  Make a test Sim to try the lot out in live mode.  The rent will likely be higher than before, since the levels that were previously blocked will be included now.

"I'm not animated to do that." - Brak
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #602 on: 2008 September 11, 12:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excuse me for flogging what might be a dead horse, but ... searching here (Podium and child) for 'blog' revealed nowt of relevance.

FT web-related activity is absent from my apt. living sims computers (blogging etc.) This affects all the EAxian computers. I have only awesomeware installed. The problem is not present in sims in conventional freehold premises.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: 2008 September 11, 14:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Alex
Also, about the graves, the problem with moving it to a community lot is that the death type is reset, meaning they all supposedly "died" of starvation.
Alex, you know for sure this is true?  Has it always been this way?  Huh

AFAIK it worked fine for a while, but got broken in one of the expansions... perhaps OFB.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: 2008 September 11, 14:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need to rezone it, but I think you have to move any playable Sims out first.  In build or buy mode in a vacant building, CTRL+ALT+SHIFT to open the console/cheat window, enter "boolprop AptBaseLotSpecificToolsDisabled false" (without the quotes, but can be all in lower case). You may have to switch from build mode to buy mode and back to build mode to see the changes in the build mode icons.  Then you can delete staircases, stages, and other items that may be in the way of the replacement stairs, put your replacement stairs in, and save.  Make a test Sim to try the lot out in live mode.  The rent will likely be higher than before, since the levels that were previously blocked will be included now.
I actually did move out my playable and fixed some stuff - except for the stairs which I didn't know was the problem at the time -  but I managed to screw up the apartment boundaries so that the lot was counted as 1 single apartment. Really annoying. That's why I thought maybe I needed to rezone. It was HP's lot that I got from mts2 - I changed the flowers at the back, because I thought maybe that was the problem. Anyway, I think it's a shame that the lot doesn't work properly - and I figure that it must have worked for HP, so that's why I asked about the rezoning.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: 2008 September 11, 15:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Alex
Also, about the graves, the problem with moving it to a community lot is that the death type is reset, meaning they all supposedly "died" of starvation.
Alex, you know for sure this is true?  Has it always been this way?  Huh

AFAIK it worked fine for a while, but got broken in one of the expansions... perhaps OFB.
Our Fat Obstreperous Jerk mentioned it. As unowned community lots are not saved and reset, the tombstones are also reset and the actual death type is not saved. Owned cemetaries do not suffer this issue as they can be saved.
rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #606 on: 2008 September 11, 15:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quick derail question about the gravestone thing: I've already sent a bunch of gravestones to an un-owned Cemetery. I haven't visited it yet. If I have someone buy it, will it keep them all from resetting the first time I visit, or will it bork them completely?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: 2008 September 11, 16:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually did move out my playable and fixed some stuff - except for the stairs which I didn't know was the problem at the time -  but I managed to screw up the apartment boundaries so that the lot was counted as 1 single apartment. Really annoying. That's why I thought maybe I needed to rezone. It was HP's lot that I got from mts2 - I changed the flowers at the back, because I thought maybe that was the problem. Anyway, I think it's a shame that the lot doesn't work properly - and I figure that it must have worked for HP, so that's why I asked about the rezoning.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: stages are causing me no problems in apartment lots. I almost never build a staircase that isn't modular stairs with a turn on a stage. I've played several apartments made from my lots that I've converted after this issue first being reported on LJ. I've never had any problem with the top floor being recognized as part of the apartment or being able to place objects there without cheats.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: 2008 September 11, 17:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quick derail question about the gravestone thing: I've already sent a bunch of gravestones to an un-owned Cemetery. I haven't visited it yet. If I have someone buy it, will it keep them all from resetting the first time I visit, or will it bork them completely?
You know, that's a good question. I'm not sure, but I am curious.

On the other hand, you can fix base game death type tombstones using debug mode by shift+clicking the tombstone and selecting "Set Ghost...". This doesn't have any of the ep deaths though.
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: 2008 September 11, 19:11:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: stages are causing me no problems in apartment lots. I almost never build a staircase that isn't modular stairs with a turn on a stage. I've played several apartments made from my lots that I've converted after this issue first being reported on LJ. I've never had any problem with the top floor being recognized as part of the apartment or being able to place objects there without cheats.
Fair enough, I also have apartments that works with modular stairs. But something is causing this issue, and so far I've only had this problem with downloaded lots. Have you played any downloaded lots, or do you always make them yourself?

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: 2008 September 11, 20:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No downloaded lots with staged modulars. Well, I did redownload some of my own lots and install from package files.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: 2008 September 11, 20:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I can't imagine why I'm having this issue then. One lot that I've been having problem with is one of yours accidentally. (The third apartment lot that's in the peasantry) I knew of course that you test your lots before sharing, so that's why I was wondering what the heck happened when I suddenly had this weird issue. I played the top right apartment, and the upstairs was not included in the apartment, seemingly. I couldn't change anything, or put anything there, and the furniture was still there. No idea what could cause this - I thought the deck explanation made sense. I haven't tried rezoning yet though.

CrabOfDoom
Asinine Airhead

death by tray it shall be

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: 2008 September 11, 21:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a bad glitch last night with the toy crafting bench in a residential house (not an apartment.) My sim wanted it, so I bought him one, but it had no options at all. No matter where I clicked, it said "no interactions available". When his kids came home from school, his daughter got caught in a spinning glitch, where she stood in place and just... spun around. It also happened the sim-day before when I tried to use Rebekah's one-tile crib. Both times, I had to exit without saving. But back to the bench. When I reloaded the lot, I didn't buy the bench again, and everything was fine when the kids came home.

I don't have any hacks or CC related to the crafting benches, only a few recolors. Can recolors still cause borkage? I haven't downloaded the CS toy+robot bench.

This same house also had a junker car for fixing up (also from the hobbies > misc. menu,) but the car had all its options on the pie menu. I didn't try any of the other benches for fear of another spinning session. If tight pants are suspected, what sorts of CC would most likely conflict with the benches? I've been all through my downloads, and can't find anything that looks related.
iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: 2008 September 11, 21:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So is anyone else having trouble getting community lots to load? Mine freeze at the loading screen.  I've tried removing hacks I've put in just before the problem started but it still happens.  
leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: 2008 September 11, 22:00:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fair enough, I also have apartments that works with modular stairs. But something is causing this issue, and so far I've only had this problem with downloaded lots. Have you played any downloaded lots, or do you always make them yourself?

I've had trouble with downloaded apartment lots and stage landings for stairs. I had to remove the landings for the apartment to recognize the upstairs. It's strange that it would only happen once it's been downloaded.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: 2008 September 11, 22:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a bad glitch last night with the toy crafting bench in a residential house (not an apartment.) My sim wanted it, so I bought him one, but it had no options at all. No matter where I clicked, it said "no interactions available".

Do you have the makeshift castaway stories radio installed in your game? It was just updated yesterday to fix that issue.

So is anyone else having trouble getting community lots to load? Mine freeze at the loading screen.  I've tried removing hacks I've put in just before the problem started but it still happens. 

All my community lots load fine. Try turning on boolprop then loading it and see if a error comes up. You can hit reset to get it to load, and in extreme cases you have to hit delete to get it to load. This may result in unexpected behavior so it's best to take a sim you don't really care about to a community lot while trying it. If the error comes up then it will generate a report of it in your logs folder. You can upload that here to get some help with the issue. Just make sure you have updated all your hacks before you ask for help.
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: 2008 September 11, 23:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I tried rezoning the downloaded lots (to residential then back to apartment) before moving in, but that didn't work. I had to remove the landings and put other stairs (I chose spiral stairs) in the apartments. Then it worked. This is a very annoying issue.

BrokenRobot
Dimwitted Dunce

sekrit Republican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #617 on: 2008 September 12, 01:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there some way to get the tombstones back once they are moved?  I haven't been able to find mine yet (they weren't where it said they were), but I'm wondering how I can get them back to a playable lot once I do find them.  I don't have NL, so I can't use the "move tombstone" feature, and inventories aren't accessible at community lots...
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: 2008 September 12, 02:29:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else experiencing these borkiness(es?)...

1 - Carpool coming for playable sim neighbor (while playing another apt) but not returning them to the lot. Even when existing and reloading. When I play the "lost" neighbor lot they are there. How can I get this "lost" sim back when playing neighbors lot?

2 - If/when apartment door becomes stuck and you buy a new one, the apartment will become vacant and the sims living there will begin to reset and portraits will change repeatedly.

3 - Can't move occupied apartment lots from neighborhood view
CrabOfDoom
Asinine Airhead

death by tray it shall be

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: 2008 September 12, 02:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the makeshift castaway stories radio installed in your game? It was just updated yesterday to fix that issue.

Just my luck, it was the day before yesterday that I last checked the CS stuff, but yes, I did/do have it installed, and it was in the house when the weirdness happened. I hadn't seen it happen before installing AL, and came to the wrong conclusion, I see. Thanks! I'm off to redownload.
iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: 2008 September 12, 04:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All my community lots load fine. Try turning on boolprop then loading it and see if a error comes up. You can hit reset to get it to load, and in extreme cases you have to hit delete to get it to load. This may result in unexpected behavior so it's best to take a sim you don't really care about to a community lot while trying it. If the error comes up then it will generate a report of it in your logs folder. You can upload that here to get some help with the issue. Just make sure you have updated all your hacks before you ask for help.

I will do this, thanks.
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: 2008 September 12, 06:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the error has to do with a Lot Controller, as I too am having a similar problem to Perez's.

I have attached an error log to show what the problem is. I have all of my hacks updated, I have to admit I am using tight pants, but it's too damn tempting to not have them in my game. It shouldn't be my "walk to lot" fix, because all it does is change the text of a text resource.

[attachment deleted by admin]

blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: 2008 September 12, 06:17:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3 - Can't move occupied apartment lots from neighborhood view

Yes, I mentioned it a couple of pages before. Really annoying. I hope there is a cheat, that we didn't discover yet, to fix this.
iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: 2008 September 12, 08:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, here's my error log as well.  It also mentions the lot controller.

I've updated my hacks.  The first time I had the problem was immediatly after installing Squinge's latest version of Pregnant Sims Wear Any Outfit EP8 http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=91730&highlight=squinge.

I thought that might be the problem so I took it out, and tried again.  Then I was able to go to community lots, I played happy for one session but then next time, the problem returned.

If anyone can make anything of it, I'd appreciate it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: 2008 September 12, 10:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've updated my hacks.  The first time I had the problem was immediatly after installing Squinge's latest version of Pregnant Sims Wear Any Outfit EP8 http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=91730&highlight=squinge.

Are you confirming that Squinge's hack is doing this? I have also installed this hack. :/
« Last Edit: 2008 December 03, 05:28:58 by fway » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: