More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 09:51:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.  (Read 469491 times)
Melodic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
« Reply #475 on: 2008 September 05, 00:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried moving him out, then asking her to move in with him in his new dwelling? And out of curiosity, if you did try to move him out, does she pop up as eligible to move out with him?

With further testing, I did move him out and ask her to move in separately, this appears to have fixed things.  When I moved him, I was not given the option to move his wife, but when she moved in, they maintained their married relationship.

I don't understand it but whatever, lesson learned! 
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 2008 September 05, 01:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried moving Dark Trepie's coven in with witch's coven. Twice. I got witch to ask DT, the popup showed, I selected both remaining two members of the household, clicked OK. Nothing changed, they were still living in the apartment next door. I did this twice.

Then I went to hood view and moved DT's coven to the lotbin, then into the same apartment as witch. When I went back into the lot all DT's lot showed up as living in the correct apartment but 2 sims were still in the next-door flat and it was lit up with all the furniture still showing.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 2008 September 05, 03:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims rolled up the want "Learn Physiology," so I sent her to the bookcase and had her study it.  She's studied Physiology for three sim days now, and she's never gotten a message that says that she's learned it.  Has anybody else had this problem?

There should be a progress bar above her head (just like when learning skills).  It does take a long time but I think 3 days is a bit much.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 2008 September 05, 04:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another borky addition to Garden problems for AL.  I created a brand-new TS2 folder to test this out, the only change was to put in TestingCheats in a startup file, no Downloads folder at all.
   Harvestable plants from Seasons (tomatoes at least), once they are harvested, the plants stick around for anywhere from a few seconds to over a minute before disappearing.  The plant still shows with fruit, with all options, until it finally disappears.  No idea if this is due to a weirdness with my video card/driver, or consistent with other players.  It happens on all lots, ownable, apt and college.  This really plays havoc with 'Harvest All'.

Edit:  I've found one post about this particular problem on the BBS AL problem thread, so at least i know I'm  not completely alone.  Smiley
« Last Edit: 2008 September 05, 04:50:17 by GayJohnScarritt » Logged

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 2008 September 05, 08:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit:  I've found one post about this particular problem on the BBS AL problem thread, so at least i know I'm  not completely alone.  Smiley

I have the same problem. I've seen it pre-AL, but only very frequently. Now, it seems to happen all the time, and not only with tomatoes. Very annoying.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

X-Phile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: 2008 September 05, 08:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems this is only happening to binned (and/or premade, but I think just binned) apartments.  I don't remember if there was any "fix" for it, as the kids can theoretically just walk to school.  But, this was the issue, and you're not alone. 

So any apartments that have been in my lots&houses bin will be like that? How in the heck does that make sense? That's all of 'em! Damn them and their damn borks.

Yesterday I tried out this theory that school buses won't show up with the binned appartments. I picked an appartment lot
that only has 2 appartments and the school bus does show up.
Maybe it is just a couple of appartments. Maybe I'll check out those other appartments.
I only play with the Stereohack, alfixes, notownieregen and LordDarcy's SP fixes for AL.

EDIT: I just played with 4 apartments in Belladonna Cove. My test family Gavigan.
In the appartments Dynamite Duplix and Boothbay Apartments the school bus shows up.
But in appartments City Center Lofts and Main Street Mobile Homes the school bus doesn't show up.
So my theory is that a neigborhood can't have 2 of the same appartments, because City Center Lofts and Main Street Mobile Homes are already in Belladonna Cove when you first play that neighborhood.
Can anyone verify that they have the same problem?
« Last Edit: 2008 September 05, 09:30:52 by X-Phile » Logged
birene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 2008 September 05, 12:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea about this portal stuff, but I tried Inge's flamingo and couldn't see any difference in the portals of lots where the bus comes and lots where the bus doesn't come. There are two pedestrian portals, a car start and stop portal, and a service car start and stop portal. Are there suppose to be extra portals for the bus?
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 2008 September 05, 14:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the 'Greet' Customers problems at Owned Businesses, Paladin at SimWardrobe has a fix up now.

http://www.simwardrobe.com/

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 2008 September 05, 14:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea about this portal stuff, but I tried Inge's flamingo and couldn't see any difference in the portals of lots where the bus comes and lots where the bus doesn't come. There are two pedestrian portals, a car start and stop portal, and a service car start and stop portal. Are there suppose to be extra portals for the bus?
Frack. Yes, that's the flamingo I was referring to. There's only one set of portals for the carstop and bus together.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 2008 September 05, 14:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if this is an AL bork or a bork in my game -- I did a search on it, and didn't see it mentioned.

Belladonna hood -- I played the Cho/Riley building for the first time last night, and saw that no matter which one I played, the other's apartment was still lit, I could see activity in there, and the sims I were currently playing had full interaction menus with the sims in the other apartment. So the game was sort-of treating them like they were all in the same house together, even though only the current apartment's tenants were showing up as playable. I realized this when I had Riley (I played him second) try to call Cho, and she wouldn't show up in his phone book.  Also, I could click on controllers in the other apartment (i.e., lot debugger, TJ's ACR controller) and control the sims in the currently being played apartment.

Before playing that lot, I moved the guy with the dog from Pets into the trailer park with Jesse Peterson (I think that's her name).  I played her first, then moved him and the dog in, and didn't have the same problem -- her trailer was dark like any other tenants.

So, is it because they were already there in the Cho/Riley lot that it's borked?  Or is it just something in my game?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 2008 September 05, 14:54:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had noticed some sims flirting and kissing other sims on their own which wasn't a huge problem since I could turn free will off to prevent it. But then yesterday when I was playing a house with two women. The first one, Erin was friends with the Evil Witch and had been turned into one as well. I decided to have her call up the evil witch and invite her over so her friend, Jaina could also be a witch. Once the witch showed up, I told Jaina to greet her. It was just the normal greet, not the new greets like high five or anything. When Jaina greeted her, I got this:

Jaina had never met her before and had no previous relationship whatsoever. Well, the witch ended up not liking the greeting, and now they have a negative relationship. I do have some hacks, but only a few of the DC hacks and TwoJeff's updated Twins & Triplets hack and Young Adult & Lazy Animation fix.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 2008 September 05, 15:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hell of a greeting, isn't it? I've never actually heard of anyone getting a + or - from that greeting (or the related goodbye), though, as it's really just an indicator of chemistry and not a "real" kiss (sims are still eligible for their "first kiss" interaction after this greeting). Perhaps something about this salutation was changed for AL?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 2008 September 05, 15:37:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if this is an AL bork or a bork in my game -- I did a search on it, and didn't see it mentioned.

Belladonna hood -- I played the Cho/Riley building for the first time last night, and saw that no matter which one I played, the other's apartment was still lit, I could see activity in there, and the sims I were currently playing had full interaction menus with the sims in the other apartment. So the game was sort-of treating them like they were all in the same house together, even though only the current apartment's tenants were showing up as playable. I realized this when I had Riley (I played him second) try to call Cho, and she wouldn't show up in his phone book.  Also, I could click on controllers in the other apartment (i.e., lot debugger, TJ's ACR controller) and control the sims in the currently being played apartment.

Aaaccck, this drove me crazy last week!  I played these 2 families first and I thought this was the norm.  So when I finally moved in another family in the same building, I was stunned to see those two families' apartments being dark.  And I lost a lot of precious playing time testing and retesting this scenario until I came to the conclusion that Cho & Riley were special.  So, yeah, they're borked.  Although it's a nice bork -- I like seeing what the other inhabitants are up to.

Mooooo
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 2008 September 05, 15:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hell of a greeting, isn't it? I've never actually heard of anyone getting a + or - from that greeting (or the related goodbye), though, as it's really just an indicator of chemistry and not a "real" kiss (sims are still eligible for their "first kiss" interaction after this greeting). Perhaps something about this salutation was changed for AL?

I thought that was the case as well where it shouldn't effect the relationship, but right after the relationship score with that witch was like -13 / -7. Normally when my sims don't know each other, their greeting is either waving at them or shaking their hand. That's why it was so shocking when I saw it. Before this, the only sims that I've seen greet another sim like that were sims who are in love.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 2008 September 05, 15:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aaaccck, this drove me crazy last week!  I played these 2 families first and I thought this was the norm.  So when I finally moved in another family in the same building, I was stunned to see those two families' apartments being dark.  And I lost a lot of precious playing time testing and retesting this scenario until I came to the conclusion that Cho & Riley were special.  So, yeah, they're borked.  Although it's a nice bork -- I like seeing what the other inhabitants are up to.

Ok, so it's not my game -- thanks!  I guess EAxis has it setup that way as a sort-of 'scenario' to force the issue of those two getting together.  Makes sense, since his apartment looks more like it's setup for 4 people than her's is. 

OTOH, it'll take a bit of finessing to get their relationship up, since neither can talk to the other on the phone.  I wonder if the current setup also borks any move-in type interactions. May have to move one of them out and back in and see if that resets it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 2008 September 05, 16:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so it's not my game -- thanks!  I guess EAxis has it setup that way as a sort-of 'scenario' to force the issue of those two getting together.  Makes sense, since his apartment looks more like it's setup for 4 people than her's is. 

OTOH, it'll take a bit of finessing to get their relationship up, since neither can talk to the other on the phone.  I wonder if the current setup also borks any move-in type interactions. May have to move one of them out and back in and see if that resets it.

I noticed that as well. Actually, when I played Vivian & her daughter, Timothy and Sally just kept coming in the apartment all the time on their own. And actually, Timothy came up to Vivian and kissed her out of nowhere and was one of the first sims I noticed doing romantic interactions on their own. Because when you start the game, there's no crush, love or anything like that, they just appear to be friends. But because he kissed her like that, I decided to go ahead and get them married. I didn't even think about the fact that Maxis probably set that up like that.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 2008 September 05, 16:27:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that was the case as well where it shouldn't effect the relationship, but right after the relationship score with that witch was like -13 / -7. Normally when my sims don't know each other, their greeting is either waving at them or shaking their hand. That's why it was so shocking when I saw it. Before this, the only sims that I've seen greet another sim like that were sims who are in love.
I'll get it if they have a decent relationship (I've never paid close attention, but we're talking at least friends) and some attraction. I hate it. Totally unrealistic. I'm attracted to many, many, boys who I also am some level of friend with, but I don't greet them by planting one on them.

Now the relationship score change, that's new.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 2008 September 05, 17:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally got my game and I was brave and went for my normal neighborhood rather than belladonna. This was the first time loading the game so my custom content was disabled and even so my hacks folder was on the desktop to avoid any issues.

With that said I wanted to build an apartment and was out of room in the neighborhood so I went to move a lot to the lots bin. Upon clicking the move to bin button, it did remove the lot. Only one problem though, it removed it entirely from the game! It was not in the lots bin anywhere. I searched for a good 10 minutes going back and fourth mumbling "oh my god" and "how the hell do they miss that huge glaring bug?!" and then it all boiled down to "oh well".

Next I went into a blank lot and started to build. All was fine and I saved a few times as I normally do while building to avoid disaster. After I did some more building I went and hit save again, and about 3 seconds after doing so... "This application has crashed. It will now terminate." I sat glaring at my monitor thinking "gosh isn't it suppose to do that while i'm building and not when I hit the save button?". My game has never ever crashed and i've been playing it since it came out, this expansion seems really unstable.

So I reloaded my game thinking "well it crashed mid saving so the neighborhood and the lot is probably corrupt now!". Nope, all was fine. I checked my lots bin to see if the house that disappeared was back, it was so I was happy about that. I went back into the lot I was building and readded everything that was missing one by one thinking it was something I added that made it do it and saved after every item. I was unable to reproduce the crash. Silly game.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 2008 September 05, 17:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a similar crash after I added a Uni to Belladonna -- I was adding a small dorm from the lot bin, and when I attempted to load the dorm to modify it, the game crashed on the lot loading screen.  When I reloaded the game and went back into the new dorm, everything was fine, and it hasn't happened again on that lot.  Some sadorandom borkedness in the lot/lot bin handling, I suspect.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
geekgirl
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 2008 September 05, 19:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game-hangs-on-save-after-clearing-gossip thing happened to me, but only after I also had witches in the family. I cleared gossip once before and saved fine, after making two witches and clearing gossip saving the game froze my computer. And of course I only remembered I oughtn't have done that after it happened.  Roll Eyes

birene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: 2008 September 05, 20:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Frack. Yes, that's the flamingo I was referring to. There's only one set of portals for the carstop and bus together.

Well then I have run out of ideas myself. Maybe a lot bin corruption?

For the 'Greet' Customers problems at Owned Businesses, Paladin at SimWardrobe has a fix up now.

Oh, good. Does it stomp the greeting obsession on not owned community lots too? I just played Dustin Broke's funeral - that stupid fucker set his ass on fire with the toy train of all things - and all attendees insisted on greeting each other, which I found a bit annyoing. On the other hand it makes for nice screenshots.
Mandapotpie
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2008 September 05, 20:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was able to fix this without moving the families out. I made the current playable house (Cho for example) knock on the other one's door. This would normally make the apartment viewable anyway. Then I had them interact for a while and when they left and went back to their own apartment, the other one went dark like it is supposed to be from the beginning.

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow. If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Knukleur
Blathering Buffoon

See Rock City

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 2008 September 05, 20:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An oddity happened in my unhacked game when one of my playable Sims was abducted by aliens (without a cheat code) while using the expensive telescope on a neighbor's balcony.  The neighbor's apartment remained lit and the neighbor Sim visible in it while the abductee was away for processing.  When the abductee was returned by the UFO, the neighbor's unit continued being visible until I directed the abductee to return to the neighbor's apartment and leave through the door.  So perhaps there is something in the apartment doors that toggles the lights/visible state?  I forget whether the the abductee had the option to "knock on door" of his neighbor on his second visit or if I just directed him to interact with the neighbor and he entered without knocking.  The playable Sim in this scenario proceeded to have a "normal" pregnancy and spawned a mostly alien-featured daughter, with brown hair like her he-mom.

I also noticed that furnishings that I'd placed on balconies of apartments that became occupied by townie neighbors were initially invisible, but after I had a playable Sim visit the neighbor, the balcony items remained visible after the visit ended.  These were a card table & 2 cheap Ikea chairs at one unit, and the expensive telescope at another unit.

"I'm not animated to do that." - Brak
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 2008 September 05, 21:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was able to fix this without moving the families out. I made the current playable house (Cho for example) knock on the other one's door. This would normally make the apartment viewable anyway. Then I had them interact for a while and when they left and went back to their own apartment, the other one went dark like it is supposed to be from the beginning.

I never thought of trying that -- I'll have to give it a go next time I play them.

ETA: That worked!  Everything is fine with the two apartments working as they should now.

« Last Edit: 2008 September 06, 01:27:54 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
starlady
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 2008 September 05, 22:57:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally have my game, and I haven't seen any of the major listed borkinations here in my game. The game has crashed a couple of times for me (but that's pretty much normal on this computer, it's old. My boyfriend has AL installed on his computer too so that I can play on his pc when he's not around... no crashes there, no borkinations, either).

There are a few, though, I think. There's 22 pages here, so I can't remember all that I've read.

I have noticed that the landlord will come every day and give me the message that, "Everything is in working order, there's nothing for me to do here. I will be back tomorrow." Someone mentioned this earlier, and I'm not sure if it's the same message they're getting, but to me it seems that him showing up each day is a "feature" rather than a bork. He hangs around from about 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. and, if nothing's broken or there's no gardening to be done, he leaves. (Another feature... "weekend apartment gatherings" ... how often does that happen?)

I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing to be unable to see anything that the inhabitants in the other apartments are doing... it would be rather nice to know what they're up to.

Both Samantha and Kimberly Cordial have one-bolt attractions to their respective witch friends in my game and have more than once acted upon it in free will... not that the good or evil witches minded much (if they goose their witch friends one more time... I'm going to scream). I have also noticed that it is much more difficult for Kimberly to gain evilness. Samantha maxed out her goodness level in about two days of constant studying/making reagents/etc. while Kimberly, who was subjected to the same treatment, is still simply "evil."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: