More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:40:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.  (Read 467808 times)
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
« Reply #450 on: 2008 September 03, 20:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Charlatan appears everywhere for your convenience. Smiley  I've seen him on community and even on residential lots in any hood I've played.

For the record, I've never seen a Charlatan in my game. I've decided I must not have one. Cheesy

And yes, I have BV.

FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 2008 September 03, 21:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I tried to marry Gabriel Green to Chastity Gere they would jump out of the action.

I removed my entire downloads folder and it still does it.

He could propose engagement, but the jump would happen every time I had him propose marriage.
I tried having her propose and got the same result.

May all your fears & worries come true.
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2008 September 03, 21:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is not Gabriel causing the problem I don't think because I married him to the good Cordial sister and it went fine.  Chasity has been sleeping around with a bunch of guys and having a ton of children but I have not tried to marry her yet so maybe it is her.  I saw somewhere on the BBS that the game told the player that one of the sims was not human, maybe it is her?   Undecided
CrabOfDoom
Asinine Airhead

death by tray it shall be

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2008 September 03, 22:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Solowren: I've never seen a Charlatan, either, and I, too, have BV. I can't remember if I tried to reduce the character files in the Program Files folder for the vacation 'hoods, and was thinking that maybe he went with any edits, but that's immaterial - I installed the whole game over again when I got a new laptop, and didn't use any cleaned up or empty templates. He should be there. He just... isn't. Not that it breaks my heart, it's just strange. My sims still get the pick-pocket fear, even though no one's ever encountered the charlatan. It's not like it's knowledge that could spread through gossip when no one's ever experienced it.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 2008 September 03, 22:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never saw the Charlatan in the regular hoods until I encountered him at least once on a vacation lot, so I guess that's when he was generated.  Since then, I've seen him everywhere .

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2008 September 03, 22:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

D'oh! Ninja'd by jsalemi. I had the same experience. Had BV installed for a while before actually sending any sims on holiday and never saw the bugger. He spawned for my first vacationers in Takemizu, though (sounds like something you'd have to pay extra for, doesn't it?), and has been nefariously twirling himself around comm lots in the main 'hood ever since. Still haven't had a sim pickpocketed (their Logic seems high enough to tell him to bugger off), but he routinely fleeces the townie population. Would be nice if 'Report Foul Play' actually *did* anything. I know he's supposed to be "banished" from the lot for a certain amount of time, but it seems like every other trip to the store, he's right back again.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
mustluvcatz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2008 September 03, 23:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu- I did read but something must have not have sunk in. Thank you for not throwing rotten tomatoes, or something worse, at me.

All these different threads are confusing- is there another thread that I've missed where I could get help with building issues? I've tried a garage the first way you said and it didn't work. The cars disappeared or couldn't be placed at all.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2008 September 04, 00:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jsalemi and Liz: That makes sense, then. I've rarely used the vacation hoods.

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2008 September 04, 01:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All these different threads are confusing- is there another thread that I've missed where I could get help with building issues? I've tried a garage the first way you said and it didn't work. The cars disappeared or couldn't be placed at all.

HP has gathered a bunch of threads altogether at MTS2, along with a mini-tutorial.  Might help to check that out.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=299623

Check out Pescado's Build/buy thread for AL just to make sure you're using the correct cheat-codes.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,12847.0.html

One last thing, i would recommend that you do alot of practicing on a regular lot, building houses with basements, houses on foundations w/garages.  There are several tutorials at the BBS/TS2 site to help in that regard.  Things would be much easier once you're comfortable with the basics before adding on AL building restrictions and peculiarities. 
   Don't expect to just jump right in and get it the first time, EAxis lied by leading us to believe it would be so easy.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2008 September 04, 03:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem with the phone at the Green house.  Once I deleted and replaced it, no problems. 

SJ, I have the same problem with the desk and the homework.  The student places the homework beside the computer and then can't pick up the homework. 
BrokenRobot
Dimwitted Dunce

sekrit Republican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #460 on: 2008 September 04, 03:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anybody noticed their sims jumping lifetime wants?

I've had this happen to me a few times, but I don't have AL.  I think it started right after I installed BV, actually.
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2008 September 04, 04:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah! Has anyone had a glitch where a sim would roll the same want (play with) over and over, especially while playing with water balloons? Ugh. I mean the kid I was playing racked up about 14050 points just from playing water balloon fight!
« Last Edit: 2008 December 03, 05:35:09 by fway » Logged

SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 2008 September 04, 06:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got to page 13 and my eyes started to cross. In a completely CC free game no school bus comes to apartment lots. I noticed this was mentioned a couple times but I'm not sure if anyone figured out the cause of it. I thought it was tight pants but when I took everything out and it was still happening I knew it couldn't be. My kids can obviously walk to school but those pop-ups (which don't come up now) reminded me how much time I had when I'm playing a big house. Not impressed  Angry

It seems this is only happening to binned (and/or premade, but I think just binned) apartments.  I don't remember if there was any "fix" for it, as the kids can theoretically just walk to school.  But, this was the issue, and you're not alone.  Sorry I can't give you more info than that.  Hopefully someone will chime in with more details.

I'm still trying to figure out my gardening issue.  Anyone?  Is this in anyway related to the dailygardener.package?  Is that preventing the landlord from gardening?  I suppose I'll take it out for now and test...just wondering.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
SimWardrobe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2008 September 04, 08:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimWardrobe is reporting major borkedness with OFB functions.  Like all customers have to be greeted when they enter the lot, and the 'show item to ...." is missing.

Geeze, can't EAidiots even check that they aren't conflicting with their own stuff? Roll Eyes

Additional research revealed that the two issues are related. You can only use "Show Item To" on sims that have been greeted by the salesperson you are controlling. This is due to the fact that the greet status is now tracked between all sims present on the community lot on an individual basis. The "Show Item To" social interaction uses the global check trees for social interactions and those have been modified to support the new community lot greeting system.

When a new customer enters the lot, they have no greet status with anyone else on the lot. This means the sim you control can not show them an item or call them over. Maybe I am a tad pushy in my sales techniques, but I often call new arrivals over to my business owners location and then show them an expensive item. With the current community lot greeting rules, this technique is quite impossible.

Things get worse when you have two controllable sims performing sales. Lets say you had a husband and wife or a business owner and manager both performing sales interactions. When a customer enters the lot, he is ungreeted by everyone present. Sales person one will have to greet him before he can show him an expensive item. Sales person one then goes off to help some idiot who can't find the object right next to him. The first customer purchases the item he was looking at and sales person two can now pounce on him. You would think that sales person two could simply use the "show item to" social on him, but no, sales person two hasn't greeted him yet. Maybe this won't effect everyone, but for me all this extra greeting is just a big PITA.

I've come up with several ways to fix this, none of which I like. It will probably be easiest to fix the "show item to" and possibly the "call over" social interactions so that they use private check trees that have been shorn of the new community lot greeting code. One advantage to this approach is that it does not have the potential to screw anything else up beyond the aforementioned social interactions.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2008 September 04, 10:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ SJActress: I am also playing the guy with the adopted daughter, and the landlord occasionally pulls a weed, and clips a hedge and leaves the lot. Meanwhile most of the hedges are overgrown and there are weeds everywhere. I have to direct my sims to garden, if I use macro-garden they tend to just run around. I think the rosebushes near the path in front may be the problem, as they are enclosed by a very low fence that means the sim can't get to them and gardening then drops from the queue.

I had the same issue in one of Zazazu's lots, there is a strip of garden enclosed bya fence in front and the landlord just looks at it sadly.

Re the Charlatan, he is appearing at community lots all over the place.

Re the school bus, I have had no problems with it arriving at apartment lots. The exception to this is when you start playing a family or move a family with children and the timer reverts to monday 08h00, then the kids have to walk to school which they do also with no problems.

Yellow pee however is multiplying at a great rate, it is impossible to mop up and has to be nuked with the stuck object remover.

More F than you
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #465 on: 2008 September 04, 10:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you get the newest yellowpee?  Was updated in recent days.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 2008 September 04, 10:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put in the moreawesomethanyou-al.zip after the yellowpee was fixed, yes. I hadn't had any pee-ing before then.

More F than you
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2008 September 04, 11:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might want to double-check, i seem to remember it being updated twice (once for AL, and once for the pee-spawning).

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Aphrodite
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2008 September 04, 11:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Charlatan is stalking me.  ME - it doesn't matter what sims I take where, he'll show up sooner rather than later.   Grin  I'm sure that's not supposed to happen - he's everywhere, in every associated neighbourhood of Belladonna Cove too.  Please someone tell me it's happening to them too!!! 

I  don't think he's stalking YOU, lol. But yeah, this happened to one of my Sims...

I took that Patel guy to a com lot and he got robbed, of course he smacked the Charlatan, but lost the fight, cried and went home.
He's just got back to his apartment and the Charlatan showed up, came into his place and stood by his bed. (Patel was asleep at this time).  I woke him up and had him smack the Charlatan again- this time he won, the Charlatan left.

Not seen him since. *grin*.
Aph.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 2008 September 04, 11:36:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll put in the newest zip tonight, I'm not really too bothered as it's early days yet and I am still only playing Belladonna Cove.

More F than you
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2008 September 04, 11:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me also, and i gotta quit getting so attached to my Volunteer Testers. 

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 2008 September 04, 15:53:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems this is only happening to binned (and/or premade, but I think just binned) apartments.  I don't remember if there was any "fix" for it, as the kids can theoretically just walk to school.  But, this was the issue, and you're not alone. 

So any apartments that have been in my lots&houses bin will be like that? How in the heck does that make sense? That's all of 'em! Damn them and their damn borks.
I'm just wondering if the car/bus portals are missing on the EAxis apartment binned lots. Has anyone with this issue checked with the handy-dandy flamingo?

The Charlatan is very active for me. I'm not sure if it's coding or not, on the surface...I've had 'hoods where he never showed up, and I've had other pre-AL ones where he seemed to be stalking. I can't wait for the Visitor Controller so I can ban him and his little skunk friend, too.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 04, 16:05:19 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2008 September 04, 16:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just glad other people are having gardening issues.  Phew!
I won't have a chance to play until this afternoon, but I'm going to take out the dailygardener.package and see if that helps at all.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
sarianastar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #473 on: 2008 September 04, 21:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to update uni_ltw_sns. It is not included in the Director's Cut and must be downloaded seperately.

I thought I had gotten this one updated, but may have missed it. I'll grab that now and see if it fixes it. Thanks much.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*<br />My Legacy Stories<br />http://www.sarianastar.com/ts2<br /><br />~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #474 on: 2008 September 04, 22:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When a new customer enters the lot, they have no greet status with anyone else on the lot. This means the sim you control can not show them an item or call them over. Maybe I am a tad pushy in my sales techniques, but I often call new arrivals over to my business owners location and then show them an expensive item. With the current community lot greeting rules, this technique is quite impossible.

Things get worse when you have two controllable sims performing sales. Lets say you had a husband and wife or a business owner and manager both performing sales interactions. When a customer enters the lot, he is ungreeted by everyone present. Sales person one will have to greet him before he can show him an expensive item. Sales person one then goes off to help some idiot who can't find the object right next to him. The first customer purchases the item he was looking at and sales person two can now pounce on him. You would think that sales person two could simply use the "show item to" social on him, but no, sales person two hasn't greeted him yet. Maybe this won't effect everyone, but for me all this extra greeting is just a big PITA.

I've come up with several ways to fix this, none of which I like. It will probably be easiest to fix the "show item to" and possibly the "call over" social interactions so that they use private check trees that have been shorn of the new community lot greeting code. One advantage to this approach is that it does not have the potential to screw anything else up beyond the aforementioned social interactions.

Ugh.  I was going to install tonight, but I don't want AL messing up my owned community lots.  Is there a way to make it so that sims on owned community lots are automatically considered greeted by any playables or employees?  Or would that mess something else up?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: