More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:53:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.  (Read 467920 times)
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
« Reply #425 on: 2008 September 02, 21:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was messing around with that Grere woman in that crappy house yesterday and she has the want to have 20 lovers at the same time.   I currently have her up to 12, and when she woohooed with them 10 out of the 12 times she got pregnant.  Are the women more fertile now or is it just because I had her sleep with 12 different guys.  It was the first try with all of them too.

Also, I boolproped her babies into children and everytime they age transitioned, she fulfilled the want of meeting someone new.  So for one kid she fulfilled that want three times.  That doesn't seem right lol.  I didn't check her memories so I hope she doesn't have three memories for each kid too because that seems like it would be a VBT.   Undecided
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2008 September 02, 21:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...and when she woohooed with them 10 out of the 12 times she got pregnant.  Are the women more fertile now or is it just because I had her sleep with 12 different guys.  It was the first try with all of them too.
Are you playing with 'Risky WooHoo' in? Selecting 'Try for Baby'? Unmodded, a sim doesn't just fall pregnant via WooHoo without user direction to at least attempt said manoeuvre.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2008 September 02, 21:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...and when she woohooed with them 10 out of the 12 times she got pregnant.  Are the women more fertile now or is it just because I had her sleep with 12 different guys.  It was the first try with all of them too.
Are you playing with 'Risky WooHoo' in? Selecting 'Try for Baby'? Unmodded, a sim doesn't just fall pregnant via WooHoo without user direction to at least attempt said manoeuvre.

I don't have risky woohoo and yes I am selecting try for baby.  I did it intentionally, I was just surprised at how easy it was.  First time for all but two guys?  That seems kinda high.
fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2008 September 02, 23:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any hacks relating to pregnancy and my sims usually get pregnant on the first try...same guy or not. 
Melodic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2008 September 03, 01:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone having trouble moving in or marrying roommates? 

My test subject moved into an apartment and almost instantly fell in love with his roommate.  I tried to find him someone else but no one appealed at all.  I tried to move the roommate in and make her controllable.  When that didn't work, I tried to have them marry and hoped that would correct the problem.  It didn't.

Now they're married but she's still uncontrollable. 

I only have awesome hacks and the updated triplets/quads installed.  Do I need to kick her out and ask her to move in again?  Do I have any other options? 

Also, she never, ever used a bed even though there was one available.  I thought it was a bork but it seems that people in this thread have problems with their roomies using the wrong bed, but not one with a roomie not using a bed at all. 
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2008 September 03, 02:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried moving him out, then asking her to move in with him in his new dwelling? And out of curiosity, if you did try to move him out, does she pop up as eligible to move out with him?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
specialtoffee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2008 September 03, 02:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having a problem where a family/knowledge sim is getting the negative memory for engagement, her partner who is knowledge/family gets the positive one and they've both rolled wants to get engaged. Wondering if this is related to the freetime bug with secondary aspirations that I believe one of the patches fixed.

edit: I tried removing my downloads folder and it still happens so presumably not a hack causing it. It's also happening after I reset her LTA points.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 03, 02:51:21 by specialtoffee » Logged
Hellyes
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2008 September 03, 02:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's only one type of Charlatan. He just dons disguises in Vacation hoods.

Are the Charlatans only suppose to appear on vacation lots? Don't they also appear on community lots downtown?  I ask because the Unsavory Charlaton appeared in front of the first apartment complex I opened and played on in Belladonna Cove.  It was the apartments with Vivian Cho and Timothy Riley living in it.  I was thinking it was strange to see the Unsavory Charlatan there.   I am wondering if the game is treating apartments as if they are community lots, and if this is intended or not. 
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2008 September 03, 03:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The most randomly borked thing I've noticed is that non controlled sims are now obsessed with skunks.  There's a townie or apartment sims getting sprayed at least every other hour suddenly.  Seriously - back away from the skunk already.

Curiously, me too, and as I play on a Mac, I don't even have AL.  My sim did not quite get sprayed, as I cancelled it out of his queue, but suddenly his want panel was filled with "Be Sprayed By Skunk" spam.

I actually suspect it may have been tight pants connected with wfsanity.  So you may wish to check that.

PB

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: 2008 September 03, 05:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I the only one who thinks that the 'get a flatmate' want icon looks like 'I want to hang myself'? I thought my sim had a death wish.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
mustluvcatz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 2008 September 03, 06:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hecubus: I love that rowhouse!! I would like to know if you were able to change the zoning on that lot. I read somewhere that you can only have one door for each apartment. Or is that why you're trying to use a invisible fence?

Has anyone tried to make a building with a garage or garages? I'm working on it...but I think it can't be done. Oh, one can be made, but the garage is purely decoration. If you put cars, they disappear when you move a sim in and you can't put a car in the game after a sims moved in. (At least I can't.) I know EA has a lot with a garage for each apartment...but I haven't played it. (I don't like the houses that come with the game...I prefer to build since I always redo the pre-made ones.) I'm looking for an easy answer on this  Grin but it looks like I might have to play the EA lot to see if the garages actually work and if they do, how they do.

One more thing- elevators? I read that someone tried to put one in an apartment and it didn't work. I put one in a community area and it works fine. Anyone know why they don't work in an apartment? I've got so many ideas for apartments here and I'm willing to share if I can work out all the things I want to do.
Angie Baby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2008 September 03, 07:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the Green household I couldn't answer the phone until I deleted it and brought a new one - I put the new phone back on the same wall and it worked. No Downloads folder. No CEP extras.
sarianastar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #437 on: 2008 September 03, 08:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apologies if something like this has already been posted. I'm a little behind Smiley

My sim has a blank want to buy some unnamed buyable object. This is a recurring error, not the only time she's gotten it, nor is she the only sim who has sprung this up.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*<br />My Legacy Stories<br />http://www.sarianastar.com/ts2<br /><br />~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
coralleane
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2008 September 03, 11:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone else confirm or refute this problem? I figure "inside joke" is not the first thing people look for when they're exploring for bugs.

I've had the option appearing correctly.
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2008 September 03, 11:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't the Object Catagory code direct you in almost the right location?

I'm assuming (foolishly) that it's set up like a tree; you choose the trunk (furniture), then branch (comfort), then on until you reach the blue sofa with the wooden frame.

Because there are numerous 'branches' and even numerous 'trunks', the numbers in order may be the location of the item (10, 10, 9 or 1,0,1,0,9 or 10,109).

FYI: I tried a tree/branch search using those numbers (silly, I know), and came up with Comfort, Seating, Bamboo Chair (BV).  1, 01, 09

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2008 September 03, 12:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to update uni_ltw_sns. It is not included in the Director's Cut and must be downloaded seperately.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2008 September 03, 12:04:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pah, I found out that objects in the common area like restaurant podiums (lot zoning cheat), microphones, and gym equipment (except the ballet bar for some reason) are all non-autonomous. Ugh, I went through all of that just to have nobody use it! I also wish that the NPCs could be activated for cash registers and expresso bars on apartment lots. I wanted a downstairs convenience store damnit!

Just to let you all know though the restaurant podium sim works, however you'll have to 'reset' the industrial stove that came with NL/OFB in order for the chef to appear.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 03, 05:33:39 by fway » Logged

Knukleur
Blathering Buffoon

See Rock City

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2008 September 03, 12:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Townies are autonomously using the grills on Downtown community lots.  I sent a Sim to the Similar Sights Sculpture Park for half a day(after rotating the rude shiny decorative building next door so it didn't clip into the lot) and two different townies served platters of hot dogs.  Of course none of them cleaned up empty plates.  Maybe this is a new "feature"?  The coffee cart there was being ignored, too. Shocked  I haven't tested whether this happens in other neighborhoods.  I supposed it could make the Three Lakes campground a stinkfest.

Also, a mild annoyance, at least one recolor of the new adult male caps doesn't default to a capless alternate hair when the Sim is in pajamas, underwear, or naked.  It's sort of cute to see my test Sim wearing it during a bubble bath.

And I don't know whether this is from AL since I didn't try this after FT: if I attempt to make a custom BV secret vacation lot, after I rezone it and move it to the lots & houses bins, it never appears in the bin.  The lots that are in the bin do a little dance where they reverse order within each EP group.  The custom secret vacation lot DOES show up in the University bin, where it's listed as residential, but if I place it in the Uni 'hood it turns invisible.  The rezoning code for custom Secret Society lots in Uni still seems to work like it did before, although I haven't attempted to have a student in the test neighborhood get abducted.

I'm running the game with all EP's and SP's except Kitchen & Bath Stuff, via No-CD, without CC or hacks (not like that's a bad thing, though.)

"I'm not animated to do that." - Brak
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 2008 September 03, 14:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Townies are autonomously using the grills on Downtown community lots.  I sent a Sim to the Similar Sights Sculpture Park for half a day(after rotating the rude shiny decorative building next door so it didn't clip into the lot) and two different townies served platters of hot dogs.  Of course none of them cleaned up empty plates.  Maybe this is a new "feature"?  The coffee cart there was being ignored, too. Shocked  I haven't tested whether this happens in other neighborhoods.  I supposed it could make the Three Lakes campground a stinkfest.

/snip

I noticed this too and I quite like it.  I'm pretty sure they did before AL but it abruptly stopped, perhaps because of a mod or a patch, it left the feature somewhat borked ,meaning your sim would stop in the middle of grilling because another townie had queued the serve (and then dropped it on reaching the other grill). 

Has anybody noticed their sims jumping lifetime wants?

I did a completely fresh install before installing AL and using only the AL:DC, Nina Caliente had a LTW to be a top chef, I specifically remember it because I set her on the career path and had her do a lot of cooking studying ect.. in preparation for the higher levels.  After playing another lot and moving Dina out I returned to Ninas apartment to find her LTW had switched to Graduate 3 Children from college  Undecided   

So far she is 1 of 3 I can 100% say I remember the aspiration of, except for Mortimer & Cassandra who both want to Reach Golden Anniversary, they did before I quit the game at least.  Nina did end up with family as a secondary aspiration, and Dina did get the red engaged memory doodad (2nd asp is Pleasure), I hope this isn't a symptom of the FT aspiration bug.
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2008 September 03, 15:01:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also wish that the NPCs could be activated for cash registers and expresso bars on apartment lots.

Yeah, mee too. But I did find that Inge's automatic cash register works though.
The Perfume stand and dog collar display had the menu still disabled, but it worked to buy groceries, magazines and videogames.
Jewelery worked, but it didn't make any sound or show the amount being deducted.

My neighbors used the resturant podium autonomously but very rarely with the resturantbarfix hack from here.
EDIT: In my first apartment/restaurant building I had forgotten to put furniture in the neigbors apartments, and all they did was eat until they passed out. So perhaps you can experiment with not having kitchens in restaurant buildings except for in the active apartments. But do put in beds!
« Last Edit: 2008 September 03, 15:32:30 by Goggalor » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2008 September 03, 15:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hecubus: I love that rowhouse!! I would like to know if you were able to change the zoning on that lot. I read somewhere that you can only have one door for each apartment. Or is that why you're trying to use a invisible fence?

Has anyone tried to make a building with a garage or garages? I'm working on it...but I think it can't be done. Oh, one can be made, but the garage is purely decoration. If you put cars, they disappear when you move a sim in and you can't put a car in the game after a sims moved in. (At least I can't.) I know EA has a lot with a garage for each apartment...but I haven't played it. (I don't like the houses that come with the game...I prefer to build since I always redo the pre-made ones.) I'm looking for an easy answer on this  Grin but it looks like I might have to play the EA lot to see if the garages actually work and if they do, how they do.
As a general rule, read the entire thread before posting. This is getting long, so I'll humor you.

Hecubus wasn't using an invisible fence, but that is one method for getting around the dumb issue of the game not recognizing division on a lower level. She should have been able to change the zoning, as I used the same method a couple nights ago and it worked.

You can build with garages. There are two methods. One, and the least desirable to me, is to have the garages detached from the individual apartments (shared walls are fine, but entrance doors not so much). The areas become community access. You then have to have placed cars before move-in, or use cheats to place them afterwards. Blech.

The other method, again, is to utilize invisible fencing. Enclose the garage or carport with any combination of wall/half-wall/fence/invisible fence. Put an exit door from the apartment to the carport/garage. It's now usable. The only downside is that the cars fade in/out.

One more thing- elevators? I read that someone tried to put one in an apartment and it didn't work. I put one in a community area and it works fine. Anyone know why they don't work in an apartment? I've got so many ideas for apartments here and I'm willing to share if I can work out all the things I want to do.
The only thing I can think of is that they are registering as an exit to a common area, as if you were linking the apartments together. I haven't tried it.
[/quote]

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 2008 September 03, 17:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimWardrobe is reporting major borkedness with OFB functions.  Like all customers have to be greeted when they enter the lot, and the 'show item to ...." is missing.

Geeze, can't EAidiots even check that they aren't conflicting with their own stuff? Roll Eyes
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2008 September 03, 17:41:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the Charlatans only suppose to appear on vacation lots? Don't they also appear on community lots downtown? 

The Charlatan appears everywhere for your convenience. Smiley  I've seen him on community and even on residential lots in any hood I've played.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 2008 September 03, 18:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimWardrobe is reporting major borkedness with OFB functions.  Like all customers have to be greeted when they enter the lot, and the 'show item to ...." is missing.

Geeze, can't EAidiots even check that they aren't conflicting with their own stuff? Roll Eyes
I played a biz as I was trying to see if I could sell witch products. I didn't need to greet anyone. I didn't try "show item to..." though.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2008 September 03, 18:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having Gardening issues on apartment lots?  I'm playing the guy with the adopted daughter in Belladonna Cove.  The landlord won't garden; there's not an option for it if I call her.  The Gardener doesn't show up under services, so I can't hire him/her either.

I have the AL;DC with a few hacks removed.

The only weird thing I did was change the zoning (yes, while they were living there) to get rid of the spiral stairs and build elevators.  I boolpropped back to "true" for both cheats right after.

Any ideas?

ETA:  I seem to remember this problem mentioned already, but homework placed on a desk (any desk, I've tried quite a few) is inaccessible after it's placed.  I have to go into Buy mode and move it to the floor.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: