More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:45:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.  (Read 467799 times)
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
« Reply #400 on: 2008 September 02, 14:45:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you know if your witch had her alignment bar at full?...
She doesn't, but she's almost there...
Gah, I hope the sparkles don't disappear because the bar is full. That would be sad. I'll try make my witch neutral, then work my way up, to see if the sparkles stay, and if so, how long they stay.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 2008 September 02, 14:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone reported yet that the conartist form BV is walking around in Belladonna Cove? I don't have any vacation hood attatched to it. I don't have any subhood attatched to it at all!  Undecided
I heard the sound and he appeared! He's at the Coffeeshop communitylot, I don't know the english version of the name.

I thought whether you had vacation neighborhoods attached or not there was still a charlaton on your comm lots in the main hood. He's not the same as the ones on vacation so wouldn't it stand to reason he spawns separately?
He appears on all community lots, not just Vacation ones.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2008 September 02, 14:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else's Bee Attack spell apparently AWOL?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2008 September 02, 14:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those who had it not work, was the telescope in a common area or private balcony? Neither should affect anything, but you know how EAxis thinks...

Mine was on the roof of an apartment building. I used apt building cheats to build stairs and a fence so that the roof is at least supposed to act like it's a part of the apt. My sim tried summoning aliens for 6 hours and nothing happened. Although there was really short moments of lag, which usually indicate that something or someone is coming to the lot (or I could just be paranoid). Lot debugger didn't notice any offworld loiterers though, and the lag wasn't as bad as the last time someone tried to come to the lot but couldn't.
Since it's inception, I've had inconsistent results with the summon aliens benefit. It's not 100% effective, and you can get runs of bad luck. I had one sim trying for close to 24 hours (I got annoyed and froze motives at one point) with no abduction, this back with Free Time.

I don't believe that any of my sims either in Coggeshall Village (hacked account) or Belladonna Cove (unhacked account) have ever visibly gained/lost aspiration. The Belladonna playables show green or red area. In Coggeshall, nothing. However, I've gotten the networking reward on one sim and an attempt at the blind date reward on another.

I've had my test [CAS] sim in Belladonna Cove up to platinum & back to gold & has 34,750 points to spend.  I can't remember the last time she was green though - mind you knowledge sims are simple to keep happy.
I'm yet to test the reward items though....
I'm sorry. I meant reputation, not aspiration.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2008 September 02, 15:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My teory about sparkles is what if not perform magic thing for a time you lost it and regain doing magic thing. A have a sin witch for while was too busy to do magic things and lost the sparkles, went do somenthing magican the sparkles back.

Sorry my english, i speak spanish
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 2008 September 02, 15:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My teory about sparkles is what if not perform magic thing for a time you lost it and regain doing magic thing. A have a sin witch for while was too busy to do magic things and lost the sparkles, went do somenthing magican the sparkles back.

That doesn't apply to me sadly enough, because the sparkles are still there, they're just invisible (or almost invisible).

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 2008 September 02, 15:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

even after the estudy magic ? that do my sim sparkles back. i

Sorry my english, i speak spanish
sirnh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2008 September 02, 15:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gah, I hope the sparkles don't disappear because the bar is full. That would be sad. I'll try make my witch neutral, then work my way up, to see if the sparkles stay, and if so, how long they stay.
I don't think so, since the sparkles did disappear for me also, while the bar isn't full yet...

"Today you'll see me crash and burn, but I'll be back tomorrow."
dragancaor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2008 September 02, 15:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Atrociously Evil Witch lost sparkles on arriving home from work. 
Attempted clothing change, appearance change, study dark arts & casting evil spell with no luck at getting the missing sparkles back. 
Regained them on completion of Magivestigium spell.  Assuming that disappearing/reappearing the sim is what regains them, similar to leaving & re-entering lot.

Nope.  Successfully cast on nearby unsuspecting neighbour.  Followed immediately by highly amusing admiration by landlady.
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2008 September 02, 15:13:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone reported yet that the conartist form BV is walking around in Belladonna Cove? I don't have any vacation hood attatched to it. I don't have any subhood attatched to it at all!  Undecided
I heard the sound and he appeared! He's at the Coffeeshop communitylot, I don't know the english version of the name.

I've been getting him on base hood community lots at least since FT, if not BV.  He apparently likes to play poker.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2008 September 02, 15:18:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sparkles are caused by a floater like the Plumbob, so it will just return on its own, especially under conditions that cause the plumbob to respawn.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #411 on: 2008 September 02, 15:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It also worked for me, but it did take a couple of tries. I've been playing the Cordial sisters, and Kimberely tried it on a customer in the home business and he went kind of sparkly orange as she cast the spell, but nothing happened at first. I think I tried maybe three times before it did something. I thought it might not have worked the first couple of times because he had been browsing the store and had the sales bar above his head, so he was "busy".
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2008 September 02, 15:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sparkles are caused by a floater like the Plumbob, so it will just return on its own, especially under conditions that cause the plumbob to respawn.
I only get visible sparkles back by reentering the lot (I haven't tried the teleport spell yet). Is that normal then?

dragancaor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2008 September 02, 16:01:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm.
Knowledge/Pleasure sim with supposed ability (according to selected asp. bonuses window) can't actually write the Restaurant Guide at any computer. 
Maxed Cooking & Creativity skills.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2008 September 02, 16:08:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those who had it not work, was the telescope in a common area or private balcony? Neither should affect anything, but you know how EAxis thinks...

Mine was on the roof of an apartment building. I used apt building cheats to build stairs and a fence so that the roof is at least supposed to act like it's a part of the apt. My sim tried summoning aliens for 6 hours and nothing happened. Although there was really short moments of lag, which usually indicate that something or someone is coming to the lot (or I could just be paranoid). Lot debugger didn't notice any offworld loiterers though, and the lag wasn't as bad as the last time someone tried to come to the lot but couldn't.
Since it's inception, I've had inconsistent results with the summon aliens benefit. It's not 100% effective, and you can get runs of bad luck. I had one sim trying for close to 24 hours (I got annoyed and froze motives at one point) with no abduction, this back with Free Time.

I don't believe that any of my sims either in Coggeshall Village (hacked account) or Belladonna Cove (unhacked account) have ever visibly gained/lost aspiration. The Belladonna playables show green or red area. In Coggeshall, nothing. However, I've gotten the networking reward on one sim and an attempt at the blind date reward on another.

I've had my test [CAS] sim in Belladonna Cove up to platinum & back to gold & has 34,750 points to spend.  I can't remember the last time she was green though - mind you knowledge sims are simple to keep happy.
I'm yet to test the reward items though....
I'm sorry. I meant reputation, not aspiration.
Supposedly, Reputation can only be changed on community lots (ridiculous decision). Someone mentioned Carlos Contender having the want to have max reputation, which he has by default. The want was not fulfilled until he was sent to a community lot. There are other reports of it changing only on community lots as well. I too have noticed incremental changes only on a community lot.
Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2008 September 02, 16:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The solution I found is to create a small room like you would a garage with house-on-foundation; you get the sloppy walls around the door, but it's not horrible, I suppose.
Hecubus, I love the look of the row house backyards. I'm having no luck reproducing the effect. I've followed two separate garage-attached-to-foundation-house tutorials, trying each one at least three separate times. Every time I can't place a door to the yard. This happens:

Can you suggest a good tutorial, or help me understand what I'm doing wrong?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2008 September 02, 16:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supposedly, Reputation can only be changed on community lots (ridiculous decision). Someone mentioned Carlos Contender having the want to have max reputation, which he has by default. The want was not fulfilled until he was sent to a community lot. There are other reports of it changing only on community lots as well. I too have noticed incremental changes only on a community lot.
Ridiculous decision fixed in latest comm-skilling. Somehow, I doubt people in the real world ignore your mistreatment merely because it is not a community lot.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2008 September 02, 16:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lonesome Dove, try placing the door first, then the stairs using moveobjects on. Or, try placing the stairs on either/both sides of the door but not totally in front of it. Is that the standard foundation height (it looks like it)?

Ugh, screw that. My sims do not go to community lots much at all. They only go to the tiny grocery store. Downtown exists only for new move-in outings. I have community lots in Coggeshall village, but they are all in the middle-income section and all kind of run down. The neighborhood isn't going to get nice places until I get my first Don, which unfortunately hasn't been rolled yet. They will pay for those community lots, by golly. They will pay through the nose.

It's not something I've been focusing on, since the high frequency of walk-bys usually keeps my sims in high friend count.

Thank you again, Pescado. My poor nudist spent all this time talking up one of the guys, in a blizzard, outside, in the buff, for nothing. Never again.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2008 September 02, 17:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lonesome Dove, try placing the door first, then the stairs using moveobjects on. Or, try placing the stairs on either/both sides of the door but not totally in front of it. Is that the standard foundation height (it looks like it)?
I get the same effect whether I place stairs or not. In the screenie I posted, no stairs had been placed yet. It is the standard foundation height.

I'm stumped! But it's obviously possible because Hecubus did it. Divulge your secrets, I beg you!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2008 September 02, 17:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, duh. I see what you did there. It's hard to tell with unpapered walls.

Your bottom floor is at foundation height where you are trying to place the door, right? Can't be. Must be normal floor height. Use a control column (either a column or wall) with the floor constraints cheat to raise that wall up to normal height. Do your evening on the second floor.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2008 September 02, 17:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to bring the bottom wall where the door is up to full height.
Turn on the floorelevation cheat.
Build a wall square in the yard, and drag with the level tool from that to the outer part of your entry room:

Then flatten the level above , and you should be able to place your door. (The wall closest to the house will be warped.)

EDIT: Basically what Zazazu just said, with a pic. Missed her post.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2008 September 02, 17:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't even need to build a control column. When you place a door while constrainFloorElevation is still set to false, the wall pops to the right height, dragging the adjacent walls with it (and bumping the second story up). Now, you can flatten the second story, done.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2008 September 02, 18:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What? There's yet another Charlatan that's not the BV one? I'm sorry but is can I ask for hack that removes that creep from my basehood? If there's already one could someone kindly point me out to it?  Angry I really don't want to see that creep unless I'm in a vacation hood.

My sims never go to community lots and I haven't been playing the game much so I never noticed this.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2008 September 02, 18:18:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to bring the bottom wall where the door is up to full height.
Turn on the floorelevation cheat.
Build a wall square in the yard, and drag with the level tool from that to the outer part of your entry room:

Then flatten the level above , and you should be able to place your door. (The wall closest to the house will be warped.)
It worked! I'm not exactly sure what I did, but it worked. Thanks so much, the picture really helped. (Thanks to Zazazu and sloppyhousewife too.)
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2008 September 02, 18:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's only one type of Charlatan. He just dons disguises in Vacation hoods.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: