More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:35:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.  (Read 467817 times)
userunknown
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
« Reply #375 on: 2008 September 01, 22:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Influence To: Bathe doesn't work on residential lots,but works in Apartments.
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet.Anyone else notice this?
burnished_dragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2008 September 01, 22:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the problem with the schoolbus not coming to apartment lots. At first I thought it was a hack conflict but know the bus doesn't come without any Downloads in either (very weird as I could have sworn it did at one point). Also there are no carpools for the non playable renters, but that may be by design and at least they walk to work, while the kids just hang out in the community area all day.  Huh

you do know the kids can walk to school as well. We discovered this because we had a family move into an apartment after the time for the school bus we were going to tell the kids to do something clicked on one of them and the option walk to school was there so off they went
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2008 September 01, 23:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fun game: spot the sparkles! (I forgot to disable free will so the sim keep disappearing out of camera view) They are most visible at the end when I zoom in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyk6rTkXAJ8
Nice, looks more like she's just stepped out of a hot spring on a cold night. Light waft of steam but not much sparkle action going on there.
Yeah, at first I didn't notice it at all, I just thought they were gone. I wonder why this happens - I don't even know what to call this phenomenon. I wouldn't mind it so much if the sparkles came back after a while on their own, but I have to exit and reenter the lot to get the sparkles back. I haven't tried changing alignment, then changing back, possible that would do it aswell.

Is this a graphic card issue, or a buggy gameplay issue? I don't even know where to start looking for a fix to this one.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2008 September 01, 23:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only have the AL DC and Lord Darcy's updated fixes in my game.
 (I forgot to disable free will so the sim keep disappearing out of camera view)

Since you have the DC, might i suggest you use Macro/Procrastinate then?  Your sim will stand still until further orders.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Moon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 2008 September 02, 00:35:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't realize that kids could walk to school now, it's been freaking me out that the bus wasn't bloody coming.

Oddly enough, after a couple of days home the kids weren't losing their grades either. Hmm. Interesting.

Should there not be some sort of dialogue saying "Send the brats off to school, idiot?"
starlady
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2008 September 02, 00:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There should at least be some sort of option as to whether you would like to send them to school on the bus or have them walk, as you do in real life (if they're close enough to walk, that is). That would make a most awesome hack, in my opinion.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2008 September 02, 01:37:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yes, one other thing, I've also had the problem with NPCs crowding on the porch of my Sim's trailer home, and getting him to work only with difficulty.  If it isn't jumping rope, it's an endless succession of High Five and Earthy Hug (which actually does differ subtly from the regular hug) and Fake Out.  Though I guess if it weren't that, it would be Play Red Hands and Prank/Ventrilofart and Hang Out right in the way of everyone, and let's not forget the problems we once had with endless pillow fights....  Roll Eyes
Nopedostalkers severely reduces greet and queue spam from this process.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2008 September 02, 01:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, there's 17 pages of posts, so sue me if this was covered and I didn't see it...

There's a problem with a grand piano on community lots including community portions of apartment buildings.

At first, I didn't think it was a Maxis bug because I had Marhis' faster tip pickup hack in game. So I removed it thinking it was the problem.

WRONG...it's still happening without the hack installed.

Both playables and non-playables become stuck at the grand piano if they play for tips.

[img src=http://www.ditzyprints.com/sims/piano.jpg]

Also on lots with greenhouses, the plants have gone invisible:

[img src=http://www.ditzyprints.com/sims/peapatch.jpg]

I run NO plant related hacks.

I also think the game is spawning multitudes of townies in spite of my use of 'notownieregen' etc. But y'all already knew that...

Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2008 September 02, 02:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh, I don't want to call this a bug, but whenever my sim is perfroming comedy or poetry, they get cheered on as if they were singing. I would've loved for the comedy if they laughed, I wouldn't get tired of that though (the way they laugh is hilarious). Erm, maybe for poetry EAxis should have done the finger snaps. Although I don't understand the jokes, I find them funny. Is that a little wierd? By the way, when they're singing with the new microphone isn't there supposed to be music coming out of those speakers?

Edit: Seems as if the "Cuddle under stars" action is a load of dookie.
Click. Why must the interaction ever be so stoic? It doesn't even look like they're talking...
« Last Edit: 2008 December 03, 05:36:02 by fway » Logged

Arnina
Irritating Ignoramus

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 2008 September 02, 04:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but the reputation meter seems to be borked for one of my Sims.  She's gaining no reputation even after she received the network reward that is supposed to substantially increase reputation.  She has made 8 friends and has performed numerous positive social interactions during the friend making process.  The reputation meter and reputation network reward has worked appropriately for other Sims I have played.

Also, I've noticed that the landlord is using my Sim's garbage disposal to throw away community garbage; I find this highly annoying.

The only hacks used in the game are the updated DC and TwoJeffs' updated Triplets and Quads.  I have no CC in the game right now either.

Ego venit , Ego vidi , Ego trinus super meus own feet:

I came, I saw, I tripped over my own feet.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 2008 September 02, 06:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't believe that any of my sims either in Coggeshall Village (hacked account) or Belladonna Cove (unhacked account) have ever visibly gained/lost aspiration reputation. The Belladonna playables show green or red area. In Coggeshall, nothing. However, I've gotten the networking reward on one sim and an attempt at the blind date reward on another.

EDIT: Aspiration and reputation are not the same thing.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 02, 15:01:38 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Catju
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2008 September 02, 07:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those who had it not work, was the telescope in a common area or private balcony? Neither should affect anything, but you know how EAxis thinks...

Mine was on the roof of an apartment building. I used apt building cheats to build stairs and a fence so that the roof is at least supposed to act like it's a part of the apt. My sim tried summoning aliens for 6 hours and nothing happened. Although there was really short moments of lag, which usually indicate that something or someone is coming to the lot (or I could just be paranoid). Lot debugger didn't notice any offworld loiterers though, and the lag wasn't as bad as the last time someone tried to come to the lot but couldn't.
sirnh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2008 September 02, 07:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fun game: spot the sparkles! (I forgot to disable free will so the sim keep disappearing out of camera view) They are most visible at the end when I zoom in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyk6rTkXAJ8
Nice, looks more like she's just stepped out of a hot spring on a cold night. Light waft of steam but not much sparkle action going on there.
Yeah, at first I didn't notice it at all, I just thought they were gone. I wonder why this happens - I don't even know what to call this phenomenon. I wouldn't mind it so much if the sparkles came back after a while on their own, but I have to exit and reenter the lot to get the sparkles back. I haven't tried changing alignment, then changing back, possible that would do it aswell.

Is this a graphic card issue, or a buggy gameplay issue? I don't even know where to start looking for a fix to this one.

Now you mention it... I have around the same thing happening... When my witch came home from work the sparkles were gone... After playing a little longer she suddenly had her sparkles back, but were gone again a little later. I don't really know how that happened though, I do remember changing her clothes a few times but I think that's not making a difference...

Anyway, I currently only use a few hacks of the DC and I'm at the point of placing an updated 'triplets & quads' hack back in... I have a lot of recolers of custom objects though (not certain if that has to do something with it...)

"Today you'll see me crash and burn, but I'll be back tomorrow."
dragancaor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2008 September 02, 08:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't believe that any of my sims either in Coggeshall Village (hacked account) or Belladonna Cove (unhacked account) have ever visibly gained/lost aspiration. The Belladonna playables show green or red area. In Coggeshall, nothing. However, I've gotten the networking reward on one sim and an attempt at the blind date reward on another.

I've had my test [CAS] sim in Belladonna Cove up to platinum & back to gold & has 34,750 points to spend.  I can't remember the last time she was green though - mind you knowledge sims are simple to keep happy.
I'm yet to test the reward items though....
birene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2008 September 02, 08:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do know the kids can walk to school as well.

Yes, I know but that's supposed to be an option and not mandatory (non playable kids won't walk to school anyway). It really seems that most of the premade apartments in the LotBin are borked in respect to recognizing kids/teens on the lots. This would fit with moonsingingfreak observation that the kids' grades aren't dropping when they don't go to school at all. No "bus is coming in an hour" dialog, no bus. The game treats the kids like jobless adults on this lots.

I think I'll try to change the lotzoning back and forth between res and apt with one of the lots and see if this can fix something.
DiscoNinja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 2008 September 02, 09:37:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, so i when is started AL all my pre-existing apartments had the residential mailbox instead of the apartment version so i took out my downloads folder, since i think i heard that the buyable res. box was what was causing the problem and its still there! It must have come packaged with some lot that i downloaded. when i went into the game the res. mailbox was still there So i went back into the game and removed the custom content at startup and restarted, now they are gone. If i can find the files in my downloads folder and remove them is there anything else i need to do to ensure i dont have this problem? Any other folders other than downloads i need to make chnages to?
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2008 September 02, 10:07:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The paperboy is being stupid. There's plenty of space by the apartment door, but instead he insists on going around the side of the building and leaving the paper around the back. It's also frustrating on residential lots, where he decides it's a great idea to leave it by the pool or in a shadow (I prefer the old mailbox dropoff personally).

And I too am having the instant closet pregnancy. It also called Mary Gavigan to freeze at the top of stairs.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 02, 10:24:41 by Alex » Logged
dragancaor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2008 September 02, 12:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's another one; this time from buy mode.

New barstool:  Crankshaft Barstool by You Got Muscle

Scenario:  Island bench.  Two benches long, starting from wall.  Crankshaft barstool beside wall is unusable, "I can't sit down to eat, there's a chair in the way."
Altered both barstools to old faithful, "Keister Kompanion" Barstool.  Now both sections of island bench are usable.

Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2008 September 02, 13:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now you mention it... I have around the same thing happening... When my witch came home from work the sparkles were gone... After playing a little longer she suddenly had her sparkles back, but were gone again a little later. I don't really know how that happened though, I do remember changing her clothes a few times but I think that's not making a difference...

Anyway, I currently only use a few hacks of the DC and I'm at the point of placing an updated 'triplets & quads' hack back in... I have a lot of recolers of custom objects though (not certain if that has to do something with it...)
Really, you got the sparkles back? Do you remember what you did when they showed up again? I don't know what could make the graphics so fickle. It's really weird. I wonder if the fact that I use other clothes than the regular witch clothes is the reason? I can't imagine how that could be though. but I'll try that later.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 2008 September 02, 13:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the ACR hack in game and when I chose to do casual woohoo Autonomy, they did it upside down in the pull down bed, which was CLOSED.   Shocked   Grin
sirnh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2008 September 02, 13:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really, you got the sparkles back? Do you remember what you did when they showed up again?
Well... Let me think... I was playing in the new hood with 1 of the premade maxis sims in a maxis made home. I send her off to work with sparkles and she came back without them. Made her go and put on the default witch clothes again, (since she was wearing her clothes for work and I hate those). I used maxmotives, made her make study her spellbook (she is a good witch...). Used maxmotives. Allowed her to cast some of the spell. . I don't remember what spell I used; but I remember using the spell to summon that cat 3 times since the cat was to lazy to come the first 2 times. (I guess something is broken there too, since I did the spell 3 times and it's only the 3th time the cat came and I left around 30 sim minutes between each 'cat summon spell' Undecided ...). Used maxmotives. Saved Played around with the kitty. Left them alone for a bit and then I did a 'Save and quit'.

I don't recall when she got her sparkels back, but I do remember seeing them again at some point. But I also remember when I did quit the sparkles were gone again...

EDIT: She went to work again after finally getting that stupid cat, she then got a promotion and after coming home I put her back in to her witch clothes again... (but that shouldn't have anything to with it...)
« Last Edit: 2008 September 02, 14:03:36 by sirnh » Logged

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2008 September 02, 14:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember using the spell to summon that cat 3 times since the cat was to lazy to come the first 2 times. (I guess something is broken there too, since I did the spell 3 times and it's only the 3th time the cat came and I left around 30 sim minutes between each 'cat summon spell' Undecided ...).
I can't speak to the rest, but that sounds to me like the cat, at least, is working as advertised. Unless a summons is accompanied by the dulcet tones of a can opener, your average cat is not going to be impressed.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 2008 September 02, 14:02:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't recall when she got her sparkels back, but I do remember seeing them again at some point. But I also remember when I did quit the sparkles were gone again...
Do you know if your witch had her alignment bar at full? Because mine do, and also I always get the sparkles back when I exit and reenter the lot (and by getting them back I mean they get visible again). Nothing else have worked for me.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2008 September 02, 14:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone reported yet that the conartist form BV is walking around in Belladonna Cove? I don't have any vacation hood attatched to it. I don't have any subhood attatched to it at all!  Undecided
I heard the sound and he appeared! He's at the Coffeeshop communitylot, I don't know the english version of the name.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
sirnh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2008 September 02, 14:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you know if your witch had her alignment bar at full?...
She doesn't, but she's almost there...

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: