More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:59:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.  (Read 467801 times)
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
« Reply #325 on: 2008 September 01, 00:00:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which reminds me - I sent a couple of Twikkii Island and while there, they visited the Witch Doctor's Hut.  They had just finished the repairs when I heard the Cuckoo-sort-of-noise that accompanies a visit by the Therapist.  Both my Sims were fine, so I was understandably confused - and I finally found the Witch Doctor over by the hammock going through aspiration failure.  Never seen that before, and not sure if it's 'intentional' or not.
I don't think the Witch Doctor is suppose to go into aspiration failure, no. Anyone know? Since you can't move him in, isn't he being treated as an object?

Another odd occurance - haven't tried reproducing it yet - I added a desk to a child's room, mostly to up the environmental score just before a Headmaster's visit.  Another desk already existed in the living room, with a computer on it, where it had been since before the child was even born.  When the child next returned home, the homework was placed beside the new desk, not the original.  Whilst obviously this isn't undesirable, it is interesting and I really ought to play another house with kids to find out if this was a one-off...

I've seen this happen before AL. They are suppose to place it on the desk with a computer but they seem to seek out the newest desk instead.

This glitch occurred once in my game.  A newly created Sim exploited the skilling glitch and maxed all skills.  A few Sim days later, the cooking skill reduced to one.

Even without freshly moving them out / into an apartment?

The Prima Guide mentions that roomies can refill needs by going to work and running errands but I think this feature is working too well. One roommate maxes her needs each time she leaves the lot; she is never in a bad mood.

Technically normal sims get needs refilled when going to work too, but not the fun and energy needs. It's refilling these too and makes for one boring roommate who never does much of anything, I agree its working too well.

I've had no problems with the genie lamp.  It was left on the lot and worked properly.

Even on apartment lots?

Ye gods.  I see a patch in the (hopefully near) future...

Well, like I said, most them are probably because the idiots of the BBS don't know how to remove hacks but I figured i'd compile the list anyway since some of them are probably valid. It scares me that there is no official bork thread on the BBS... leads one to believe they have no intention of making a patch and don't care if bugs exist because the next bug fest is due in < 6 months. It's going to be awful if we have to raise as much hell as we did with University to get a patch.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2008 September 01, 00:13:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I didn't know EAxis supported open relationships!

Roman and the sim in the picture (Manisha) are engaged, yet she wants to set him up on a blind date?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2008 September 01, 01:59:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I figured out where the sparkles went. They didn't go away, they just became almost invisible. If I look really closely, I can see them - it looks like the poor witch is fuming.  Roll Eyes Exiting and reentering the lot fixes the sparkles, but as soon as she comes back from work they get invisible (almost) - only exiting and reentering makes them visible again. What could possible cause this? I set useshaders on in my userstartup file.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2008 September 01, 02:16:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need no teleportpuddle or some such because I just tried it in game and it worked fine. If you do have that hack then tight pants.

Strange. Removed all but awesome stuff, made a puddle with a provided, fresh, never saved-on lot, and the glitch was still there. So far, it seems that just one other person has this problem (mentioned in that can't become witch thread). Guess I'll just go without yellow pee for a while. I'm about to test it on a separate computer though, just to make sure.
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2008 September 01, 02:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grim:  WELL OKAY.  BUT HE'S YOUR PROBLEM NOW.

Lawls.  That gave me a good chuckle.

Roman and the sim in the picture (Manisha) are engaged, yet she wants to set him up on a blind date?

Had a friend that did this to a boyfriend once, just to see what he would do.  That manipulative little slut.  She offered him a date with me.  He took it.  She broke up with him.  We had a nice date.  Haven't spoken to her since.  Anyway, d'ya think the chick would throw a jealousy reaction if her fiancé accepted the blind date?  Or have Eaxis added the romance mod to the game as well as ACR?
Arnina
Irritating Ignoramus

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2008 September 01, 02:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This glitch occurred once in my game.  A newly created Sim exploited the skilling glitch and maxed all skills.  A few Sim days later, the cooking skill reduced to one.

Even without freshly moving them out / into an apartment?

She moved into the apartment several Sim days before this glitch ocurred as she was fresh from CAS; she had never lived anywhere else.  After moving her into the apartment, I maxed all skills and a fews days later the cooking skill mysteriously reduced to level one.

I've had no problems with the genie lamp.  It was left on the lot and worked properly.

Even on apartment lots?

The genie lamp was delivered to my newly created Sim, the same one that maxed all skills.  It was dropped off outside her apartment and worked properly.  Frankly, I'm surprised that she could interact with the genie lamp as my Sims have been unable to use dream date gifts left outside their apartments.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 01, 05:12:05 by Arnina » Logged

Ego venit , Ego vidi , Ego trinus super meus own feet:

I came, I saw, I tripped over my own feet.
starlady
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2008 September 01, 02:28:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To Chain Reaction: As far as sitting in the helicopter if your sim is the only adult/teen home, I have this bug now, only with cars. If my sims have kids at home and they want to woohoo in the car, they have to call the nanny in... to 'hoo in the car... in their own driveway... It's annoying, and stupid, since they're not going off the lot. I don't have AL yet and this has been an issue for awhile with my game. I assumed it as some sort of safe guard in case you accidentally hit "go to community lot."  Roll Eyes

To Hannahspring: The Pets phone does that in my game, too, and as I said to Chain Reaction, I do not have AL. If you have CEP, that might be what's causing the problem, but I can't be for sure.

Also, I no longer have the options to date and do a lot of things (toss football, gossip, tell inside joke, etc.) which is annoying. From what I'm reading here, it sounds as if I may need to store my saved games elsewhere along with all my CC and do a total reinstall of the games. I have taken out all hacks/CC and tried the game without them, but the options do not reappear.
Catju
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2008 September 01, 02:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roomies seem to get all their needs refilled by going to work and never have to sleep or much of anything else thus killing the challenge of keeping them happy.

I had that the only time I had a roommate.

Going on a date with a neighbor on the lot causes them to go back inside of their apartment and won't come back out.

Well my sim's date kept going back to his apartment but everytime he did, he remembered he's on a date and came back.

The garage doors that came with NL count as another apartment door where as the ones that came with AL do not.

I haven't tested the other carage doors, but in pre-made apartments sims do tend to use the carage door more than the apartment door.
Speaking of carages, it's frustrating that you can't place a car on the driveway on an apartment lot, if you have a carage.

More Romantic than You bed doesn't use all the default bedding.

Yeah, it only has three.

Butler cooks for hungry toddler and if he cannot find empty counters or tables to put newly cooked food, he puts them in common areas. Sims also seem to be setting the tables out in common areas too and aren't suppose to be.

My sims do that too if they don't have enough space in their apartments. Didn't know if this was a clitch or a feature, but it still feels like it's not supposed to happen.

One thing I also noticed is that apparently if you somehow manage to get a telescope to an apartment lot, you can't get abducted. So no alien babies for my knowledge sims living in apartments. Roll Eyes
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2008 September 01, 03:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had a friend that did this to a boyfriend once, just to see what he would do.  That manipulative little slut.  She offered him a date with me.  He took it.  She broke up with him.  We had a nice date.  Haven't spoken to her since.  Anyway, d'ya think the chick would throw a jealousy reaction if her fiancé accepted the blind date?  Or have Eaxis added the romance mod to the game as well as ACR?
I didn't have them do it. She's my favorite townie, who I broke a rule for already by changing her to straight so I could marry her in. I didn't want to lose her. Now, Roman is a Romance sim, but he's one of those rare monogamous Romance sims. He's always kept to her (they started dating when he was a teen) and he wanted to get engaged and get married. Never had the fears. She's Pleasure.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Mandapotpie
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2008 September 01, 03:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I also noticed is that apparently if you somehow manage to get a telescope to an apartment lot, you can't get abducted. So no alien babies for my knowledge sims living in apartments. Roll Eyes

Really? My knowledge sim has gotten abducted 3 times off his apartment balcony. He is a knowledge sim with the summon aliens interaction but I only used that the first time to get him the scholarship. The other 2 he got while searching for constellations.

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow. If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2008 September 01, 04:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

• I don't think anybody reported this here yet but I did ask about it in the podium. My Evil Witch won't make the "lamp thingy". She just keep on stirring the pot for hours and hours and doesn't make it.
The time it takes to make the "Hand of Darkness Floor Lamp" seems to depend on the evilness level. I tried to make one as soon as my warlock unlocked it, he was only "mean" at that time. It took several hours, while I was busy dragging his motives back to green. Since he's become "evil", though, that thing is finished faster than e.g. the "Enchanted Essence of Cur Tails", with no remarkable motives drain. At least not more than while making other "evil" stuff.

But I really hope for a hack that makes cauldrons fun to use.
Yup, already rectified that in another post. She does make them now (she's fully evil). I'm pro "make-cauldrons-fun" hack. I got thenostupidreagents hack from MTS2 but if they good make all reagents and objects faster ( a lot faster) I'd be happier because they look so cool using the cauldron!

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: 2008 September 01, 04:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or have Eaxis added the romance mod to the game as well as ACR?
There's something weird going on with romatic relationships... I had the Cordial sisters get involved with that Armand DeB guy. He and Samantha fell in love first and then while only just friends with Kimberley he accepted her engagement proposal in front of Samantha. She didn't do a thing, but once he accepted the proposal Kimberley lost it and started slapping him for cheating  Roll Eyes

I was surprised that Armand even accepted the proposal, because they were barely best friends, and weren't in love. I was expecting him to reject her.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2008 September 01, 05:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I the only one unable to load Audrey Manor? (As it appears in the new 'hood or placed from the lot bin in a shiny new hood, CC disabled, yadda yadda)

http://i35.tinypic.com/33nunw7.jpg
Please don't change the subject when you reply.

No, I'm loading it just fine.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Arnina
Irritating Ignoramus

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2008 September 01, 05:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm able to load Audrey Manor as well.

Ego venit , Ego vidi , Ego trinus super meus own feet:

I came, I saw, I tripped over my own feet.
dragancaor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2008 September 01, 06:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the on the spot blind date set-ups, my test sim was given an NPC (delivery driver).  She can't phone her, which I think was a FT thing with NPCs.  As far as I'm concerned, NPCs shouldn't be droppable by matchmakers/random blind date givers if you then aren't able to ever call them again.
Eaxis seem to not only be promoting open relationships, but one night stands as well.

Playing with all EPs & SPs installed, vanilla.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: 2008 September 01, 06:31:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that too. I'm playing a vanilla Belladonna Cove and I actually called the fraudulent gypsy for a blind date for Julien Cooke (my favourite EAxis sim!) and he got a female gardener. Tried to call her up for a date the next day and she isn't listed in the phone book. To get around this, I made a group called 'Date' and added her to that. When I want Julien to date her I call her over 'just for fun' and when she arrives, get him to ask out on date. A temporary work-around that is effective without hacks.

Soja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2008 September 01, 07:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? My knowledge sim has gotten abducted 3 times off his apartment balcony. He is a knowledge sim with the summon aliens interaction but I only used that the first time to get him the scholarship. The other 2 he got while searching for constellations.

I have had the same problem, whenever I try to summon aliens or use the debug mode get abducted thing, the sim walks up to the telescope and then just drop the action.

Dang
catfish
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2008 September 01, 08:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was then I noticed the teen girl didn't have the option to teach the toddlers their skills but she could still change them and feed them. It is like she wasn't recognized as a full teen.

Is this just because she is a pre-made?

I have the same problem with her.
I thought this was a problem too until I made her snuggle one of the toddlers a couple times. Once the relationship went up, she was able to teach them skills. I don't recall having to be friends with a toddler before teaching them skills, though.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2008 September 01, 09:13:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like the Name the Baby dialog box? That's an annoying one. Is it as simple as opening a file in Notepad and changing a text string, or is it more complicated than that?
It requires editing the "ui.package" file. It's not terribly complicated, just time consuming as there's hundreds of files to go through (unless you know the exact one). I just compared the code to FreeTime's version and reinserted the missing bit of code. I can tell you which one and how to do it if it bugs you, otherwise I'll put together a fixed package that gets rid of stupid small text for as many things as I can find.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2008 September 01, 09:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I eagerly await your fix (checking off yet another annoyance from my list).

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
bzrburns
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2008 September 01, 09:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FT caused the FFS Laua Table to go missing. Now with this AL mess none of the curtains are able to be place diagonally. While playing the Goth house I had to save every 5 minutes or the game would crash.  Everytime my sims visits a Downtown lot the game crashes upon saving.  

EA needs to rethink the whole business of reducing the expansion packs down to the last common denominator. It sucks and it really is unfair of them to stick it to the sheeple who have bought all the expansion packs.  They should at least test their crap with all the expansion and stuff packs loaded before they release it for sale.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2008 September 01, 09:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FT caused the FFS Laua Table to go missing. Now with this AL mess none of the curtains are able to be place diagonally. While playing the Goth house I had to save every 5 minutes or the game would crash.  Everytime my sims visits a Downtown lot the game crashes upon saving. 

Just wondering if you're clearing gossip on the batbox after your downtown visits and if you did it while on the Goth lot? 

I've found that the game freezes while saving if I've cleared gossip (I left it trying to save overnight the other day and it was still frozen the next morning), but doesn't freeze up if I haven't cleared gossip.  I haven't put my regular 'hoods back in yet, and haven't added a downtown to Belladonna yet, so it's not a downtown problem causing the problem in my game.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2008 September 01, 10:56:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird glitch number one: I put the Newsons (family of kids) into the trailer park and played them for a bit. The trailer was too small so I moved them out, using the "move families" tool in neighbourhood view. I moved them into a larger apartment and all was fine until I found that the sshack (the one I DLed yesterday as part of the zip file) did NOT prevent the toddlers from being taken away when the butler was there. Quitting without saving sorted that out. I got a nanny for them as well and played the family some more after that, the toddlers aged up and all 6 kids were in platinum/gold.

Then I played Jessica who lives in the trailer park, and her neighbours were STILL the Newson kids. I could see the 12s and the 6s playing in the trailer with the same furniture that I had put in their inventories before I moved them. The next day the name on the trailer door was a townie's, so the trailer was blacked out and they did not go inside but they went to and from school on the bus. After that they sat under the trees complaining about their stinkiness, passing out and worrying. I could see them losing aspiration points too. I bet when I play them again that they will all be in aspiration failure. I cannot get rid of them from the trailer park lot. I think the two 6s could not get off the bus because the 12 boy was passed out on the sidewalk so they have now disappeared but the 12s are still there.

I am not playing with anything other than the moreawsomethanyou.zip hacks. I am guessing that that lot might be buggy.

Weird glitch number two: I had Vivien Cho get a roommate, but the second time I played the lot (after putting the abovementioned hacks in, so I guess it was a reset) the roommate was not visible on the lefthand character tree/list, so I could not check her satisfaction or whatever. She hung around the apartment until I had Vivien move in with the sim upstairs, after which the roommate grabbed her suitcase and left.

Weird glitch number three: Someone else wrote about the glitch when using "try for baby" in the new closet, so I decided to try that option. I suppose Eaxis must have meant artificial insemination because the chimes immediately sounded without either of the sims concerned actually being in the closet. I'm not complaining, this is a real time-saver, it eliminates all that tedious patting of cushions and relaxing.

More F than you
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2008 September 01, 11:25:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yellowpeeobject is causing puddles to spawn one after another until there is no room left under a sim simply standing next to a pee puddle. The option to mop it up is instantly stomped, making the only way to delete said puddle via moveobjects or evaporation.
Issue is fixed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
birene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2008 September 01, 11:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the problem with the schoolbus not coming to apartment lots. At first I thought it was a hack conflict but know the bus doesn't come without any Downloads in either (very weird as I could have sworn it did at one point). Also there are no carpools for the non playable renters, but that may be by design and at least they walk to work, while the kids just hang out in the community area all day.  Huh
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: