More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 15, 05:39:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6509 Members
Latest Member: ItsFrenchToast
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.  (Read 466730 times)
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
« Reply #275 on: 2008 August 31, 00:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the error you're getting should never happen and apparently may invalidate the version checking method, requiring a rewrite of everything.

That sounds like a V, V, VBT.   Sad

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2008 August 31, 00:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another new thing I'm noticing, now that I'm trying UNI out with AL added on top, is that dormies are constantly entering my playable Sims' bedrooms and sleeping in their beds.  I've never had this happen before.  I suppose I could just lock the doors, but it still strikes me as odd and phail.  I'm running base+UNI+FT+AL at the moment, and there is some tight pants including the InSimenator, but oddly, almost everything else is working OK -- besides cell phones and anything inside an actual apartment.

I have yet even to see a witch in-game, much less try out magic, though....

If you've added the DC, either take out nouniprotect or make beds available for your dormies that not behind dorm doors - nouniprotect means that they now need to sleep, and for some reason they can't see the beds behind their own dorm doors which is why they are attempting to use your playables' beds.  This is pretty normal behaviour with nouniprotect in the game, and has nothing to do with AL.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2008 August 31, 01:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, nouniprotect can make the game weird in university hoods. It can also make it hilarious. In dorms, they pee their pants, get all smelly, fall asleep in their food, fall asleep on the ground...

If you don't want to see the hilarity, just remove nouniprotect. It's EAxis behaviour.
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2008 August 31, 01:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm this. I spent some time last night making a really nice duplex on a foundation that had private backyards and I couldn't change it to an apartment until I removed the doors to the yards. Ugh.

I did some experimenting with this and found some workarounds.
The easiest one requires an invisible fence, the one I tested with is Niol's at MTS2. (First in the download list.)

So, you have your house with the fenced in yard; instead of adding stairs, add extra foundation where you want the stairs to be.

Now, add the invisible fence so that the foundation is completley framed. ( I used a stone fence instead so you would be able to see it Wink )

Then remove the extra foundation again, and use the moveobjects on cheat to place the stairs in the gap.

Now you should be able to turn it in to an apartment if nothing else is wrong. I haven't had the problem that zazazu has with normal fenced-in areas, I did however have one custom door that didn't work in apartments, while others were fine.

With invisible fence and and a testing sim:

DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2008 August 31, 01:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to reiterate, nopedostalkers seems to be the only mod that screws up the time spell - all others work fine.

Here's hoping it's not as bad as you make it  Sad AL seems to have enough problems as is.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2008 August 31, 01:52:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Time spell works with current edition. Retry?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2008 August 31, 02:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, new nopedostalkers works. No more bad jump bug during frozen time.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2008 August 31, 02:29:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm this. I spent some time last night making a really nice duplex on a foundation that had private backyards and I couldn't change it to an apartment until I removed the doors to the yards. Ugh.

That's fantastic! I was most of the way to that, but since I was on the test account with no CC, I didn't think about invisible fences. Invisible walls should work as well. The only problem is with shadows...I've yet to find an invisible fence or wall that doesn't throw a shadow.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2008 August 31, 02:54:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could always disquise the shadows with something like the high shrub or something, and thank Chthulu - I made this really nice townhouse complex with these small gardens in the back.
Surelyfunke
Bearded Bigamist
Querulous Quidnunc

Beard is yours for $2.50 at Rose Sims!

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2008 August 31, 03:33:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bork? Feature?

Roommates are supposed to be uncontrollable, right? This roommate was, until his needs started going red as a result of spending his day off on the synthesizer. Suddenly, he became controllable. I was able to direct him to pee, eat and sleep before he croaked.

I wonder if roommates become controllable when it becomes clear they can't take care of themselves? Or, Just Another EA Feature?

Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2008 August 31, 03:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oii How many borks have we found? I bet BBSers bork their game less than this! It's so ridiculous to think that they can't get things straight.

Recolors for the photobooth and card table are broken. I know this because I downloaded several. Although I am not sure about the restaurant podium, seeing that I haven't built a community lot yet, nor download any recolors of the podium (since I have found 2 borked objects.)

Roommates are supposed to be uncontrollable, right? This roommate was, until his needs started going red as a result of spending his day off on the synthesizer. Suddenly, he became controllable. I was able to direct him to pee, eat and sleep before he croaked.

I wonder if roommates become controllable when it becomes clear they can't take care of themselves? Or, Just Another EA Feature?

Roomates aren't supposed to be controllable. (if you're using/talking about pet control and pet free will cheat, turn off the free will one at least). When i got BV (similar expansion pack and all) and my family went on vacation with a couple of guests they became controllable. I don't think it was a glitch. I probably left a hack I didn't know about in the folder, which would have been 12ish of me.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 03, 05:41:07 by fway » Logged

Surelyfunke
Bearded Bigamist
Querulous Quidnunc

Beard is yours for $2.50 at Rose Sims!

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2008 August 31, 04:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I see it now. I do have controlpets set to true on my startup. Nevermind, move along, nothing to see here.... Tongue

Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2008 August 31, 04:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I see it now. I do have controlpets set to true on my startup. Nevermind, move along, nothing to see here.... Tongue

Control pets is fine, but if you use pets free will off, then you'd HAVE to control your roomie.

I wish they just made a different cheat like "controlRoomies on"
« Last Edit: 2008 December 03, 05:39:17 by fway » Logged

Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2008 August 31, 04:07:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's fantastic! I was most of the way to that, but since I was on the test account with no CC, I didn't think about invisible fences. Invisible walls should work as well. The only problem is with shadows...I've yet to find an invisible fence or wall that doesn't throw a shadow.
Yeah, the shadow fits neatly around the solid steps though:

However, if the foundation is is not 4 clicks high (or 8,12 etc) then the stair ends "mid-grid" and there will be ugliness.

The fence I linked to has no shadow when placed directly on the ground, but I think all partitions do if you go up one floor, even the otherwise shadowless greenhousewalls.

There are other ways though, cc free, but with other drawbacks.
Take a normal fenced-in yard, line the inside of the fence with foundation:

Then build a fence along the foundation edge, and delete foundation:

This way you can actually take advantage of the silly "room divider is a wall"-thing, and use that as the top fence, hiding it inside the bottom one.
The drawbacks are that you can't go to the lot edge, and since the foundation level yard area now counts as a room it will raise the rent considerably.

Recolors for the photobooth and card table are broken.

I think those two are only recolorable through the CEP?

nowhereme
Blathering Buffoon

ESFJ

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2008 August 31, 04:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The easiest one requires an invisible fence, the one I tested with is Niol's at MTS2. (First in the download list.)
Thanks! I will definitely get back to my duplex tomorrow to give this a try...

Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2008 August 31, 04:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Recolors for the photobooth and card table are broken. I know this because I downloaded several. Although I am not sure about the restaurant podium, seeing that I haven't built a community lot yet, nor download any recolors of the podium (since I have found 2 borked objects.)

Bah, they do that with the children's oven and a few other things with every stuff path recently. A new CEP will fix it.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2008 August 31, 04:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installing EPs could break the CEP. Reinstall it and the recolors should be fine. In my Game recolors for the photobooth and card table are there and work.
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2008 August 31, 05:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops, now I think I really did break it.  I would suggest avoiding the helicopter (!) now available for purchase for a cool $20k.  I was going to try to use it to get a Sim to a community lot, then changed my mind and cancelled it out.  This turned out to be a VBT, resulting in an endless loop of error messages of the type "A vehicle is trying to return, but there is no driveway for it to return to".  I couldn't even quit the game and had to do a hard shutdown.

The next time in the game, it hung up during a save of that same family.  The next time in, I deleted the helicopter and the helipad, and was then able to save -- only to have it hang while in the middle of loading a community lot.

I'm about to do the binary search thing tomorrow, then if that doesn't work, I'll uninstall and reinstall everything.  I might have killed something when I cancelled out the helicopter interaction.

I do not have the DC installed and wasn't using nouniprotect, but I'll wait to get that until all my other CC is working and the game is working as well as it can, at least minus helicopters and cell phones -- oh yes, and minus apartments too.  Roll Eyes
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2008 August 31, 05:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installing EPs could break the CEP. Reinstall it and the recolors should be fine. In my Game recolors for the photobooth and card table are there and work.

I will retry and see how it goes.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 03, 05:38:41 by fway » Logged

Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2008 August 31, 05:30:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to have found another bug - I only have hacks installed [ I think] that are for EP8.  In a EAxis made apartment building, hobbies being built up gets me an invite to the various lots.

However, I noticed in my own building, I don't get them, at all.  Kind of annoying because I'd planned on using the hobby pottery wheel and sewing machines, so didn'y put on on my own building's lot.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2008 August 31, 05:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This way you can actually take advantage of the silly "room divider is a wall"-thing, and use that as the top fence, hiding it inside the bottom one.
Heh, that's a good trick usable outside this type of situation. Price isn't that big of a deal if you are using the magic wand, since they depreciate so much.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2008 August 31, 06:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found yet another bork.

If you plead for the life of a non-playable if death decides to visit them, then that sim becomes a playable sim.

I don't want your vile candy, EAxis! Stop making useless sims in my family. Their job iis to clog my townie pool
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2008 August 31, 08:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a tiny, nitpicky thing, but I can't help but notice it. When those (I'm assuming) reputation pop-ups come up, saying "Oh, I work in a furniture store, here's a discount, blah blah" or "You're in Law! You deserve a pay raise!", instead of saying the name of the sim who is getting the benefit, it says the name of the sim giving it. I just had two in a row, and when it said, "<name>, you deserve a pay raise", instead of having Aurora's name there (who was the sim receiving the benefit), it had the names of the sims giving the benefit (so it said, "Xavier, you deserve a pay raise" and "Maddison, here's a discount")

Like I said, nitpicky, but it's getting on my nerves.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2008 August 31, 09:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you plead for the life of a non-playable if death decides to visit them, then that sim becomes a playable sim.

That's normal, or it's an old bug. I had happen that once (Seasons?) when my YA pleaded for a dormie who croaked thanks to nouniprotect. What's even worse - although I made her a townie again, my sim only got 50% of the family funds after graduation Angry.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Catju
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2008 August 31, 10:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this is a clitch or am I doing something wrong, but I'll mention it anyway.

I had two CAS-sims in a pre-made apartment. I made them both witches, one evil and one good. When they both got the ability to make those lamp-thingies, the nice witch could make it without problems, but the evil witch couldn't. She had all motives up (almost max) when she began. Halfway through her motives had dropped so low she couldn't continue anymore. So it takes my evil witch much longer to finish her lamp. So far she's been working on it 4 times and still not finished. I had only awesome hacks, and I've tested this with no CC at all so I know it's not a conflict.

Oh, and, then there's the thing with her spellbook and cauldron. When I took them out of her inventory, I moved them a couple of times after that, but now they're unselectable. My sim can use them, but I can't select them in buy/build mode or in inventory. Move_objects on doesn't help.

Edit: Solved. For some reason the game thought that the little room wasn't a part of the apartment.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 31, 10:30:07 by Catju » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: