More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 08:00:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.  (Read 469547 times)
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
« Reply #125 on: 2008 August 28, 22:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The randomly disappearing cell phone thing's not new to AL.  I only have EPs through Seasons, and I've had Sims with ringing butts one second, and no cell phones the next.  Generally, when that happens, I just turn on Debug Mode and give them a new one.  It only started happening after I installed autoyak and the Phone Hack, which might be coincidence, or they might conflict with something when it's a rainy Tuesday in the spring and the moon is high, or whatever.

Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2008 August 28, 22:29:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hooray for more bork!  Roll Eyes

When a playable (I would assume the same with an NPC) child comes home from school (I'd also assume that when a playable/NPC comes home from work) there appears to be a problem where the clock goes back to normal speed. Now, I have a sim who comes home at 4, so it's not a problem really, but I just wanted to point it out to everyone...

Just to clarify, they are playables I am NOT playing at the moment. Also, I have found that setting the clock back to 3 speed won't revert back once the sim your playing comes home, usually reverts back to normal once they come home if you accidentally clicked a different speed. *shrugs
« Last Edit: 2008 August 28, 22:39:53 by fway » Logged

Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2008 August 28, 22:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When a playable (I would assume the same with an NPC) child comes home from school (I'd also assume that when a playable/NPC comes home from work) there appears to be a problem where the clock goes back to normal speed. Now, I have a sim who comes home at 4, so it's not a problem really, but I just wanted to point it out to everyone...

Just to clarify, they are playables I am NOT playing at the moment. Also, I have found that setting the clock back to 3 speed won't revert back once the sim your playing comes home, usually reverts back to normal once they come home if you accidentally clicked a different speed. *shrugs

Uh I thought it had always worked that way. Whenever someone arrives at the residence (maid, playable, gardener etc) the clock stops. I don't ever remember it being different.

I didn't notice that before. I thought it was a new bug; however, I rarely ever hire any NPCs. However, I once accidentally clicked the regular speed button while nobody was home on a regular residential lot, just re-selected the speed up button, and once one of the family members came home, it went back to normal speed. Although, I am putting the info out there because I am going to get annoyed by it. XD

Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2008 August 28, 23:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May I humbly suggest that Skata here be painfully spayed/neutered with a rusty farming implement?

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2008 August 28, 23:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Humbly suggest? Who do you think you are. Demand it dammit! Skata I damand you get painfully gutted with a rusty and very blunt spoon.
PeaceChaos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2008 August 29, 00:14:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's going well so far. I haven't seen any glitches but I have yet to play the witches part.

When Sim is checking out an apartment, he is not supposed to go inside, only to stand on the doorstep. So I guess it was a bug that he entered.

My sim did that too! He entered the entrance hallway and just stood there thinking.

-the landlord is too pushy. Have you noticed that he's very talkative and stuff and it annoys me when a sim is doing something with the landlord harrasing him.
-The furniture is pretty good methinks although they crammed everything they could in this last Ep to make people buy it.
-the earthy hug gesture looks like a normal, friendly hug to me, nothing special.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2008 August 29, 01:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shift-clicking on the apartment door in debug mode, I noticed a "rent furnished" option. Haven't tried it yet. Will tonight.

I have had 10 cellphones vanish, myself. I also saved an apartment lot with the sim outside the apartment, and when I played the other playable on the lot he seemed to be stuck outside his apartment and spent the entire time on the roof at the bar, pissed himself, and never went back into his apartment. Just stayed at the bar. I have not had any other issues that I can recall. I am sure I will, though Tongue
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2008 August 29, 02:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skata I call you out as being a 12, and one who is utter phail in terms of faking, reading the FAQ and LURK MOAR. Since your posts just indicate cluelessness I will provide another warning from the FAQ.

Part 1: Don't write like a wanker.
Part 2: Emoticonning and Signature Images. DON'T.

In short RTFM!
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2008 August 29, 02:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skata, please read the FAQ and knock it off with the annoying purple text and emotispamming. KTHNXBAI.

ETA: ALL HAIL OUR EGYPTIAN KITTUN MODERATOR OVERLORDS! I once was blind, but now I see.

Also, I am dying over some of the LULZy borks described, you guys. But there are no pictures! Please post pictures. INVISIBLE BURNING TREE? HP's magical INVISIBLE LIVING ROOM?

POAST LOLSIMS PIX PLZ NAO.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 29, 02:57:57 by Lorelei » Logged

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2008 August 29, 02:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Borkiness with headmaster and resident simkid. Instead of Schmooze options, I have "Interaction...submenu", which does nada.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
HeyYeah
Mentally Retarded
Dimwitted Dunce

I am a fish

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2008 August 29, 02:42:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Much thanks to BastDawn for removing the purpleness.

Skata, as others have stated, you are not a speshul snowflake. You are, however, most likely a twelve who took the bait of being able to change text color. Also, you're going kinda heavy on the smilies. That's bad. Read the FAQ, and LURK MOAR.

I am so glad that I'm holding off on getting this EP. I second Lorelei's call for hilarious pics of glitches. Share your anguish for teh lulz!
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2008 August 29, 03:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Share your anguish for teh lulz!

RAH RAH RAH!

Also, if you have an amusing caption for same, we do have a LOLsims thread percolating along nicely with lots of Sims-related hilarity.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2008 August 29, 03:58:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anybody notice how the 'be greeted' interaction pops up like wildfire in community lots? If that's not enough, it STOMPS queues dead. Just like 'watch weather' did with seasons.

Most easily noticable when a Sim is doing a 'job' in a public community lot, and then they'll be greeted. The job will stop instantly just for the sim to get another useless person onto the contact bars.
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2008 August 29, 04:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's hear it for EAXis!

I had a feeling THIS was going to happen:

Thing is, I really wanted to use that stove. :/

A lulz worth movie i will be sharing here in a few...

Here's the lulz worthy movie:
HERE

Her name is Alicia Wheeler I think she came with this EP because I've never seen her in the hood before. She was a friend my Seth (Warton) brought home.

EDIT: Found the name. . .
« Last Edit: 2008 August 29, 05:21:27 by fway » Logged

Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2008 August 29, 04:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tried the boolprop testingcheatsenabled true  shift/click on the apartment door and it does in fact allow apartment rental with all furnishings intact. 

Spread the word, cause I've seen a lot of people who are poed that the furnishings disappear.
Knukleur
Blathering Buffoon

See Rock City

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2008 August 29, 04:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the Nightlife hood-deco buildings missing from the catalog now, or did I screw something up? I could have sworn they were on the last tab where the new AL deco buildings are, but they're not showing up for me. As near as I can tell, all other objects from NL *are* showing up though.

The Nightlife high-rise decorative that looked like an apartment building or hotel seems to be replaced by the shiny mid-rise Apartment Life building with the "H" feature on the roof (the second unselected icon in this menu.)  I tried adding the default Downtown to a neighborhood and the newer AL building is there a few times, clipping through Club Lulu and a park.

"I'm not animated to do that." - Brak
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2008 August 29, 04:58:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone at EAxis got smart and was thinking the OFB international Windows have wrong named Subsets. He/She fixed it and now recolors are broken.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2008 August 29, 05:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lulz worth movie i will be sharing here in a few...

Here's the lulz worthy movie:
[snip]

Her name is Alicia Wheeler I think she came with this EP because I've never seen her in the hood before. She was a friend my Seth (Warton) brought home.

EDIT: Found the name. . .

She's clearly a member of the Ministry of Silly Walks.
queenbunnywitch
Tasty Tourist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: 2008 August 29, 05:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This thread makes me so upset. It's pathetic all these errors manage to get past eaxis.

Anyone else having a problem with inviting people over to your apartment? I invited a girl from upstairs down to my apartment twice, both times she knocked on the door, let herself in then turned right back around and went back to her apartment.

I'm so disappointed, I was looking forward to this expansion so much. Now I'm afraid to play the damn game.
Hejira
Asinine Airhead

Unable to breed three generations for some reason.

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2008 August 29, 05:42:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*reads thread, heart sinks, saves money*

Um, EAxis? When you make Big Rigs look like a complete game, you're doing it wrong.
DiscoNinja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2008 August 29, 07:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, Havelock those damn red Embrasure windows by Ergo have lost all recolors even their original ones while the doors remain just fine as are any other windows based on it. Giant FAIL.
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2008 August 29, 07:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

all right, I'm back for another round... was there ever a 12 hour clock bug, where the time keeps reverting back to the 24 hour clock. I prefer the 12 hour clock system, however in my game it keeps reverting back on to the 24 hour one whenever i replay my game.

DiscoNinja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2008 August 29, 07:38:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

im actually the opposite of you and like the 24 hr clock and mine keeps reverting back to the 12 hr so i have to constantly change it back. i think i got that with freetime.
iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2008 August 29, 08:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed their sim's portrait changing EVERY time they change clothes? I mean everytime they take a bath or change to pj's the portrait changes.  Before AL it only changed when I used the mirror!

--  Actually it only happens when she changes into everyday outfits from something else, so it doesn't happen if you go from swim to undies for example.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 29, 08:24:36 by Perez Hilton » Logged
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2008 August 29, 08:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed their sim's portrait changing EVERY time they change clothes? I mean everytime they take a bath or change to pj's the portrait changes.  Before AL it only changed when I used the mirror!

Oh yeah, I've noticed that... it's very silly. I don't mind when it rotates, but I suppose it could get annoying for others. Hey, who knows, pretty soon I could be annoyed with it. *shruggles

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: