More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:56:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.  (Read 467810 times)
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
« Reply #100 on: 2008 August 28, 11:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it's incredibly frustrating to not even be able to move a door or a window, or plonk a hot pool down. I was pissed off that I made furnished apartments for my sims to move in to - just renovated some EAxis ones - yet when the sims moved in, only the kitchen and bathroom stuff was left. What's with that? People rent furnished apartments.

The furniture disappearing (except for basic utility items) is by design, and was addressed in that chapter of the Prima Guide that was posted online. It said you should furnish the apartments, because otherwise when you go to visit NPC neighbors there won't be anything in their apartment. What would have been better would be a dialog box asking if you want to rent the apt. furnished or unfurnished, then it sticks or disappears accordingly.

BTW has anyone else noticed there's no pest control?

I think the landlord is supposed to provide pest control services? Try reporting it to him.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2008 August 28, 11:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also borked the Apartment Conttroller for one particular lot.  I was testing some old, unsupported (but loved) hacks at the time.  Kept getting the errors at save, and then every time i tried to enter that one particular apt.  Ended up having to move everyone out, bulldoze the lot then plop down a replacement.
   Also wondering if anyone else is getting the sleep option on their beds, even if their sims are fully rested?  Just curious before i start doing another hack-dance.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2008 August 28, 13:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As the Landlord provides gardening and pest control services, you cannot summon a Gardener or Exterminator on an apartment lot.
purplebunny
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2008 August 28, 13:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also wondering if anyone else is getting the sleep option on their beds, even if their sims are fully rested?  Just curious before i start doing another hack-dance.

Come to think of it, I noticed this as well. At least, my sims were going to sleep after 'hoo with 80% still on their energy bars.

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2008 August 28, 13:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would assume it's to accomodate the new "Cuddle under covers" interaction. I'm going to check it out.

And I'm also getting floating lamps. The game hides everything but the lights.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: 2008 August 28, 13:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only played for an hour so far, but I am getting the impression a sim is now motivated to go to bed partly because it's nighttime, not just when their energy bar is really red.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
purplebunny
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2008 August 28, 14:15:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only played for an hour so far, but I am getting the impression a sim is now motivated to go to bed partly because it's nighttime, not just when their energy bar is really red.

That makes sense. I had a sim heading to bed around 11 PM (in the middle of a party, no less) with her energy at ~40%. I'm not sure if I consider it a bug or a feature yet.

Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2008 August 28, 14:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got the same mailbox bug someone else mentioned on the first page.  I was paying bills just fine with the new apartment mailbox until the mail carrier came by and put a dining coupon in there.  Now every time I try to get it out the sim resets.

Tried deleting stuck bills with the lot debugger, but it only deletes bills and not the coupons.

Log attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2008 August 28, 14:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That makes sense. I had a sim heading to bed around 11 PM (in the middle of a party, no less) with her energy at ~40%. I'm not sure if I consider it a bug or a feature yet.

While I haven't really played around that much, my sims went to sleep after woohooing in 4 in the afternoon. They got up without having to cancel the interaction when I put something in their queue.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Zaleth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2008 August 28, 14:49:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not know if this actually works since I do not get the game until tommorrow but a freind of mine said this is what she does to change the apt and the common area stuff when sims are living there:

boolProp AptBaseLotSpecificToolsDisabled true/false

boolProp SublotSpecificToolsDisabled true/false

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2008 August 28, 15:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Conclusion.  If you put a fence in with no gate which fully encloses a part of an apartment the enclosed part of the apartment is considered a common area and can't be changed.  This wouldn't be a big deal, except that it includes the fences that can easily be stepped over like the floor strips.   

I don't expect this to be fixed, but I figure it should be documented for when someone else runs into it and doesn't realize its the floor strip thingie that's causing it.

(I hope my explanation was clear.)
Yeah, this fence is considered a wall/fence with no access. You can use it to create a second entrance (surround the door/gate with the fence then lock it).
Actually you can't, or if you've gotten this to work, please post steps. I had set an apartment with a similar setup, excepting that each unit had a private fenced yard accessed by regular door. I could not then change the lot to an apartment lot. My attempt at a work around (change lot cheat, save, add doors, save) resulted in the lot reporting that there were 0 apartments for $0 and not letting anyone move in.

Conclusion = apartment + fenced enclosure of any sort = fail.

Yes, it's incredibly frustrating to not even be able to move a door or a window, or plonk a hot pool down. I was pissed off that I made furnished apartments for my sims to move in to - just renovated some EAxis ones - yet when the sims moved in, only the kitchen and bathroom stuff was left. What's with that? People rent furnished apartments.
Not even all the kitchen stuff, either. I placed the most expensive K&B trash compactor in my three-unit building I'd redone. The compactor disappeared on move-in.

I also have sims going to sleep with energy bar over 80% after woohoo, in the middle of the day. And, even more annoying, first time woohoo movie plays every stinking time on the Murphy bed (bin family) and not at all on the vibrating bed (CAS family).
« Last Edit: 2008 August 28, 15:08:34 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Catju
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2008 August 28, 15:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I uninstalled and re-installed FT and AL. FT items work fine now. Only problem is that when the uninstalling deleted all saved games (which was fine since I didn't need them) I now have only EP 'hoods and none of the 'hoods from base game. Not that I wanted to play them but I'd like to have the option.

I've done more testing with the closets, and I've noticed that when neither of the sims are doing anything else, they both go into the closet and WooHooing works fine. But when one is busy doing something.. This time I put the female reading and the male attempting to Try for Baby. He opened and closed the door and she became pregnant.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2008 August 28, 16:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have sims going to sleep with energy bar over 80% after woohoo, in the middle of the day. And, even more annoying, first time woohoo movie plays every stinking time on the Murphy bed (bin family) and not at all on the vibrating bed (CAS family).

Zazazu, I got the woohoo movie on the MRTY bed for CAS family. Maybe yours didn't play because you had it vibrating?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2008 August 28, 16:51:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I couldn't get it vibrating because I didn't realize that there's apparently a puzzle to it. Feh. I'll try another lot as well as non-AL beds tonight.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
HystericalParoxysm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2008 August 28, 19:19:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So.  Very.  Pissed off.

I spent most of the day building a lovely 3-family townhome, nicely furnished, only to find that the furnishings disappear seemingly at random once I move sims in to rent the place.  One apartment, the couch and tv are there - the other two, they're gone.  One loses a bed, another doesn't.  Some decor disappears, some doesn't.  Anything divided with those little step-over room dividers disappears.  Basic stuff like lights, counters, etc., seem to stay universally, but anything beyond that, who the hell knows.  I had everything adorably furnished, different paintings in each apartment, exactly how I wanted it and the #*$&ing thing won't work.  ARGH!!!

I do have a saved copy of it before I moved anyone in, but I am getting ready to uninstall this crapsack of an EP.  I've got -no- hacks and only the minimum custom content (a few windows and fences) I needed to build the damn thing and it still won't work.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2008 August 28, 19:22:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some furniture disappears by design. This is so you can furnish apartments yourself, and so they can be pre-furnished so NPCs don't live in empty hellholes. They really should have included a "Furnished/Unfurnished" rental option.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: 2008 August 28, 19:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if you put a playable into an apartment you had furnished in case an NPC moved in, and then you move them out, do you have to refurnish it ready for the next NPC? 

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
HystericalParoxysm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2008 August 28, 19:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some furniture disappears by design. This is so you can furnish apartments yourself, and so they can be pre-furnished so NPCs don't live in empty hellholes. They really should have included a "Furnished/Unfurnished" rental option.

I used the same furniture in all, yet it only disappears in some.  For example, the exact same mission bed in all three apartments... yet it only disappears in the one bedroom and three bedroom apartments, but is fine in the upstairs of the two bedroom.  This occurs even after I figured out to take out that damn (used to be useful, now just fucks things up) stepover edging... Two bedroom apartment's upstairs stays furnished, three bedroom's upstairs doesn't.  Same stairs, same beds, same doors... only difference is the two bedroom has a split stair using a stage.  If -that's- what is causing it I'm going to have to kick someone's teeth in.

Oh, AND - my favourite part.  The disappeared furniture seems to still be there... somehow.  I had a sim come in to check out an apartment who autonomously walked into one of the apartments, into the disappeared living room, sat down on the disappeared-couch and started watching the disappeared-tv.  I couldn't click on anything there, but he seemed to think it was there.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2008 August 28, 19:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm.

I've been playing Jessica Peterson and it seems that everyone is getting the wrong door. They all think her front door is the door to another trailer. The paper is being delivered there, people are ringing that doorbell. They'll probably start banging it down to complain about the smell soon.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2008 August 28, 19:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird. I figured they would beeline for the doormat door. It makes no sense to do it any other way.

Frally
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2008 August 28, 20:44:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My bork isn't actually in an apartment lot but in another sims house I was playing. Since installing AL, there is a thunderstorm every 5 minutes. It doesn't matter what season it is, it's just rain and thunder constantly. I don't think I even had any snow during winter, but I might not have been paying attention as it took a while to realise something was up.

Even worse, my sims house has been touched by god as I have a burning bush in their front yard. My tree that was struck by lightning will not stop burning. I even deleted the tree. And guess what? The burning animation is still there. So now, it's an invisible burning tree. Thanks, AL. My game is so much better now with this feature. Roll Eyes
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2008 August 28, 21:20:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ That's not a new bug, it happens specifically to the Breadfruit tree I think.

Dive in!
Frally
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2008 August 28, 21:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, OK. Well, that's a relief then (or is it?). Does the breadfruit tree cause the neverending dark and stormy night though?
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2008 August 28, 21:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When Sim is checking out an apartment, he is not supposed to go inside, only to stand on the doorstep. So I guess it was a bug that he entered.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2008 August 28, 21:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, you guys are so awesome that even Eaxis noticed -- there's now a More Romantic Than You bed in the game.  That's quite a tribute. :-)

Noticed?!? Don't you worry sunshine, they know all about us, or more specifically, Pescado.  Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: