More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:42:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.  (Read 467832 times)
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
« Reply #25 on: 2008 August 27, 12:28:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The anywhere smustle has been a bork since the dance was first introduced. I've already opened a topic involving the underground helicopter, not really a bork as I was trying to do it. But I think the fact the helicopter can't be placed on the roof without cheating is a bork.
PeaceChaos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 August 27, 13:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game keeps crashing...actually the comp restarts all of a sudden. It's horrible...I should remove my CC and see what happens. Oh and from what I had the chance to see (not very much since it keeps restarting), the seasons icons near the sim's photo (those who show what season is and how many days are left in that season etc) are some weird looking glitchy gray squares. It's getting on my nerves already!
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 August 27, 13:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game keeps crashing...actually the comp restarts all of a sudden. It's horrible...I should remove my CC and see what happens.

Yes, you should.

Trying to run an EP with hacks or CC without an all-clear from the creator is just waiting for a disaster to happen. 

It used to be that CC was OK from one EP to the next, but not any more.  Every new EP since Pets has managed to break some CC.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 27, 13:18:45 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2008 August 27, 13:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh> I finally got the game loaded and my ride beeped in the driveway. >.< I will probably make a little time tonight to check out the new bork and features before hitting the hay. I'm leaving work at lunch time, cause I can't concentrate anyways. Tongue
superherofae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 August 27, 13:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if this is AL specific or if my game is just strange. Since it's a new EP, I took out all my CC like I always do, deleted cache and it's STILL happening.

When I try to get one of my sims to study one of the new skills, they'll take the book from the bookshelf, sit down, open it, close it and put it back. I figured maybe it was something to do with the bookcases not being updated or something so I tried it on every single bookcase in the game. Nope, still happens. Nothing is cancelling out the interaction so I can't figure out why they refuse to study anything but cleaning, mechanical and cooking. I figure it must be one of EA's wonderful bugs.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2008 August 27, 14:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have always had that issue with study/parenting, I have to get them to macro>concentrate to actually study it without them putting the book back on the shelf.

PeaceChaos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 August 27, 14:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I started fresh, no CC, I went to Belladona Cove and here is what I found:

It's horrible. And it only got worse. Not to mention that the peek a boo interaction existed but everytime I made that sim do it she would just stand there. Oh they fucked up big time. It might be my video card also ( as in it's not good enough) though I previously updated the drivers.

Here's something cool, objects missing. Yes, missing, about 60% of them were gone, I couldn't see them. Short: invisible objects.

So, I decided I'll be Ap. Life-less. That's it.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 August 27, 14:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like file corruption to me. But then, I'm not that awesome.

Is anyone else noticing a huge increase in lightning strikes? In one storm, I had three fires in a building that only had two trees.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 August 27, 14:25:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks as though some of your previous expansion packs have become corrupted somehow.
PeaceChaos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 August 27, 14:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like file corruption to me. But then, I'm not that awesome.

It looks as though some of your previous expansion packs have become corrupted somehow.

Seasons or Free Time or both...
Catju
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 August 27, 14:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played AL for 30 minutes this morning and these are the bugs I noticed:

- Potty and high chair that came with FT are missing the wooden colours, I can only choose white ones. I can place them on the apartment, but they're invisible and so I can't use them.

- I directed my sim to first clean up dishes and then cook a meal. She cooked the meal and ate it, with the cleaning still at the end of the queue (notice it was the first thing I directed her to do).

- When my sim finished eating, she walked out of the apartment, down the stairs and placed the plate on a table there. This was to be expected, but it was still annoying.

- Trying for baby in the closet worked like this: Man sits on sofa reading a book. Woman walks to the closet. Woman opens the closet door, "*bling* I'm pregnant", woman closes closet door and leaves. Man is still sitting on sofa reading a book.

- I don't know if this is a bug or if there's something wrong with my game, but there's no video clips on the television anymore. When my sim tries to watch television I just get some text on white background on the tv-screen and that's it. Also my sims can play The sims 3 on the videogame thingy, but there's just a blue screen and no sound.
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 August 27, 14:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The text strings for almost all the spells are broken. They are missing spaces and periods.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 August 27, 14:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- I don't know if this is a bug or if there's something wrong with my game, but there's no video clips on the television anymore. When my sim tries to watch television I just get some text on white background on the tv-screen and that's it. Also my sims can play The sims 3 on the videogame thingy, but there's just a blue screen and no sound.

I'm going to guess you have an ATI video card -- this was a bug in the release version of FT that was finally fixed by the 2nd/3rd patch, and also fixed by an update to the ATI drivers.  Looks like it's back.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
somnambulist
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 August 27, 14:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found a dinosaur glued-to-yer-head glitch.. (and a few other annoyances, like if music is playing in a common area sims start to smustle in their own apt).

Are you sure that's a glitch? It looks like Eaxis hair to me.
Catju
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 August 27, 14:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to guess you have an ATI video card -- this was a bug in the release version of FT that was finally fixed by the 2nd/3rd patch, and also fixed by an update to the ATI drivers.  Looks like it's back.

Yes, I do. This is actually the first time I've had this problem. I have FT but never had any problems (like this anyway) and I never patched my game. Maybe I'll try updating the drivers and see if that helps.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2008 August 27, 14:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- Trying for baby in the closet worked like this: Man sits on sofa reading a book. Woman walks to the closet. Woman opens the closet door, "*bling* I'm pregnant", woman closes closet door and leaves. Man is still sitting on sofa reading a book.

Fathers are grossly overrated anyway.

Looks like Pescado is going to be very busy.  Thank goodness I am the prison/school/locking_doors person not the gamefixes person Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
purplebunny
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 August 27, 15:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- Potty and high chair that came with FT are missing the wooden colours, I can only choose white ones. I can place them on the apartment, but they're invisible and so I can't use them.

You removed the CEP, right? It probably needs updating...

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 August 27, 15:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seasons or Free Time or both...
Both.

Urgh. All the text strings looked fine in the preview shots. Then they went ahead and changed them to their fugly borked state.

The Belladonna family trees are really screwed up. I got the child/parent/sibling thing too, but with some dude in the Cho family tree. Not to mention that absolutely everyone is divorced. Again. The memories seem fine. For now...

Now this is annoying! All tooltips inexplicably have a space before whatever it is they say. It looks a little strange. I wonder what's causing that?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 August 27, 15:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also my sims can play The sims 3 on the videogame thingy, but there's just a blue screen and no sound.
Are you sure this is a bug? It sounds like an accurate description of what TS3 will be like.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 August 27, 15:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also my sims can play The sims 3 on the videogame thingy, but there's just a blue screen and no sound.
Are you sure this is a bug? It sounds like an accurate description of what TS3 will be like.
What are you talking about?  TS3 will be the bestest game EVAR!

(Credit goes to The Literate Base. If you don't get it, read MOAR #grah.)

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 August 27, 15:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm. EA like small things. The sign that let's you walk to community lots has a new witchy recolour, but the thumbnail is so small it's difficult to even look at it. Also, the "Needs" text is really small and will drive me nuts. I hope there's a way to fix that.
Catju
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 August 27, 15:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You removed the CEP, right? It probably needs updating...

Just realised I didn't. I removed all CC-stuff but forgot that one. It's removed now and I also updated the drivers. I'll start the game in a moment and see if anything's changed.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 August 27, 15:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forgot: I can't seem to find an option to vibrate the More Romantic Awesome Than You bed. Very cruel joke, as EAxis should know that nothing associated with MATY would be borked.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2008 August 27, 15:42:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It worked fine for me, though it took a few tries before she actually got pregnant.
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 August 27, 15:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All colors and interactions are working fine for me.

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: